My So Called Cinderella Life

Before the Dance

Now, I couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Alfred. He knew everyone.

Mom, Dad, even Margaret! But how was I going to talk to him now? Now that Kayla saw us talking, she would probably interupt us every moment that we had.

The dance was in two days... And I felt a cold coming on. I should have listened to Peter.

Kaylie said she guaranteed that she had a dress for me, but it was my part to find a mask that would make my face not look like me.

Peter and I were talking on the phone and he said, "Seriously. You could just get a small mask that covers half of your face. First, your hair is going to be down and you're gonna have make up on. It's only going to be us 3 that know that you're going."

"You promise... Not to tell anyone? Especially Tory, or Ryan?"

"Yeah. I promise. And did you not listen to me when you're eating ice cream. Your voice is starting to change."

I slightly smiled. My voice was starting to change. Ah! The better! No one would remember me now.

"Oh my god... Peter, I love you."

"Why?"

"Just... Nothing. I just love you. Anyway, if you can, can you buy me a mask? Any mask you can. Please..."

"Okay... Okay... I'll buy you a mask."

"Thank you, bye!" I said hanging up.

Now I actually had hope for going to this dance. I really wanted to tell Kaylie about these notes.

The Friday at school, I was dreading for Mr. Alfred's class. When it finally came, we made eye contact every five minutes and just smiled at each other.

Did I mention I had a TERRRRIBLEEE cold? My nose was stuffed and everything. My voice has completely changed.

When the class ended, I quickly went up to his desk and asked, "Are you going to the dance tomorrow night?"

"Yeah. I'm chaperoning. Why, are you?"

"I am... but I'm not going as Marisa... Like myself. I'm going as a different person."

"Why?"

"Because my step-mother and step-sister is insane."

He chuckled, but I continued, "I really wanna talk to you about Mom and Dad. I found two notes already from Dad saying that his marriage was Margaret was like not real. Like he didn't wanna get married. And I really don't understand why. It would be really nice if you can help me."

Just then Kayla came in and I sighed loudly. She looked at us weird and sat down in her desk.

Mr. Alfred took out a hall pass and wrote something in the back. He handed it to me and concluded, "Library, right?"

I nodded with a puzzled look, and he continued, "See you Monday then?"

I walked out of the room confused and looked at the paper. It wrote, "Talk to me tomorrow at the dance. I won't be wearing a mask so it'll be easy to find me."

I smiled and put my fist toghether, "Yes!!!"

I opened my eyes and Daniella was in front of me giving me a weird look, "What exactly are you yes-sing?"

"If this was really Cinderella, I found my fairy godmother."

She slightly smiled and shook her head.

Well, in my case... Fairy Godfather. Mr. Alfred amazed me at this point.

Kate came back home for the weekend... and asked to borrow my car again for school. Of course, had to give it to her.

Kaylie and I were sitting on the couch and Kate exclaimed, "My beautiful sisterr! You have the be the most gorgeous one at the dance."

Kayla dressed as Snow White, wearing a the same exact dress as snow white, and she put her hair down. Margaret asked, "Where's your mask honey?"

"I'm not wearing one," She replied wearing her hair down.

Kate exclaimed, "What?! Why not? That's kind of the point."

"Okay I'll wear one, but I'm not gonna wear it the whole night. Whose gonna ask me to dance if they don't know who I am?"

I layed my head on Kaylie's shoulders and was amazed that there was a girl like this in the world. Kaylie patted my head and whispered, "I know, right?"

Kate finished her with Kayla and faced us. She pointed at Kaylie, "Alright, your turn middle sis. But we're trying to make you not as great as Kayla, okay?"

I rolled my eyes and Kaylie smiled. "I'll get dressed by myself thank you very much. I can have Marisa help me."

"What does she know about style? All she has in her closet are jeans and shorts, and t-shirts."

"Doesn't mean I don't know how to help."

Margaret sighed, "If your sister wants a person with no style to help, then let her be. Kayla, don't you have to be at the dance early?"

"Yepp."

Kate asked, "Why do you have to be there so early?"

"Well... I am on the homecoming committee so ... I have to be there."

Kaylie snickered, "You know, i go to the school, and I had no idea whose on the homecoming committee? Oh wait... Marisa can always ask Peter. Because I can recall you weren't part of it."

I put my head down and was actually satisfied with that answer from Kaylie. Kayla stuttered, "Well... I gotta... do something!"

Kayla continued, "Hey... I have to ask... Is Peter currently dating someone?"

"You're into Peter?" Kate asked.

She ignored Kate's questions and glared at me. I shrugged, "He's not dating someone but he is into someone."

I said that and looked at Kaylie. I could see Kaylie blushing. Kayla exclaimed, "What?! Who?"

I wandered my eyes toward Kaylie and she shrieked, "Eeeeeeeek! I put in all my heart to get him to like me, and he likes this one!"

She frowned and I covered my ears. She continued yelling, "Ahh! Oh my god!"

"What about Ryan? You're friends with him... Who does he like?"

"This one I don't know. But I'm sure he doesn't like girls who go eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! when he doesn't like em' ."

She put her fists together and pulled her dress up. "I am off... Hmph! Don't even hope that you're gonna take my Ryan away from me. You can have that pathetic soccer loser... But Ryan... is going to be mine."

Kate and Margareted rubbed her back and she just glared at Kaylie and I. Dude, she just went psycho!

Margaret looked at us, "You better leave in 45 minutes. I'm facetiming you to check where you are."

Margaret looked at me and snickered, "Listen. Kate and I are coming back home by 12. I know this dance thing ends at 1, but I expect you at home and cleaning the house. Kaylie and Kayla are the only ones who are allowed past 1 tonight, understand?"

I gulped and slightly nodded.

She nodded and then all Kate, Margaret and Kayla left the house. We quickly got up and she ran out the house. Peter parked in front of the driveway right after the three witches pulled out.

I was about to go and she stopped me, "You... stay here! I'm running to my aunt's house... It'll take like 10 minutes. You just do your hair."

"What? How?"

"There's a curling iron in my room. Do your hair while you're waiting for me, okay?!"

She shut the door on me and I groaned. I went upstairs to Kaylie's room to find her curling iron. When I did, I was clumbsy enough to knock a picture of her and Dad over.

I sighed when I saw the picture had fallen apart. My eyes widened when I saw a note with Dad's handwriting.

Oh my god!! Another one!!

I quickly picked it up and read it "Hey lovely... This note couldn't be any more useless but Margaret is right behind me about to look down on my shoulders. This is number 4!! and your mother and I went to the same middle school!! There is one more note in Kaylie's room, so try and find it... Love, Daddy <3"

I groaned. "Ugh... Dad, that was super duper useless."

I began curling my hair and kept messing up because I had never done it in my life. I saw Kaylie come back in the room panting and sweating like crazy.

"Dude... That wasn't even like 8 minutes." I said, and saw Peter running upstairs following Kaylie.

"Alright, you need to hurry... Because the dance starts in like an hour and a half. And we gotta get outta here in like 30 minutes."

Kaylie hit her forehead, "Dress... downstairs!!" Peter quickly ran downstairs and ran back up with a dress that was inside of a plastic bag.

Kaylie unzippered the bag and it revealed the most gorgeous dress ever. It was a long knee length, white dress with short sleeves and it had a little poof on the bottom half of the dress.

I was actually stunned by the beauty of the dress, "Kaylie... I can't wear this. It's too... "

"Please, wear it. Your dad would've wanted it."

I was confused by her words but I took it and sighed loudly. I nodded my head at Peter and he let go of the dress.

He handed me the mask then quickly ran downstairs. Kaylie quickly put on her dress, which was a sleeping beauty dress, and she did her hair very quickly. I had her curl my hair and she did it within 5 minutes... Something that I could never do. Then I put on the dress and it fit me perfectly, but I felt weird wearing it.

She turned around, "Oh... My... Goodness... You look amazing."

"You can borrow my shoes." She said, going to her closet and handing me a pair of a dark brown, slightly plaid, high heels.

She continued, "Absolutely gorgeous. You are so cinderella tonight."

I stayed quiet as she began putting make up on my face. When she finished everything, she put make up on herself and concluded, "Done! Let's go!"

Before we left, I looked at her and handed her one of Dad's notes. She read it and smiled... "Oh my god!

"Are there a lot of these?"

"He said 20 scattered around in the house."

She patted my back and smiled, "I'm gonna help you. No matter what, you have to know the truth. It's impossible to explain it all in five minutes. These notes are gonna reveal everything. Your dad is the best!!"

"So how do you know everything?"

Peter started knocking from downstairs and shouting, "Guys come on! Daniella is already waiting downstairs!!"

Kaylie quickly went to open the door but she stopped. I walked up to had and looked at her. She grabbed my shoulders with both hands and squeezed them, I could see her gulping and she confessed, "I'm your real sister."