My So Called Cinderella Life

Beginning of the Dance

I think my ears just went dead. What did she just say?

Peter kept calling, "Are you guys done yet? We really have to go."

She grabbed my hands and held them, "I can't explain all right now. It's too hard, and very risky. If you find Dad's notes, you'll understand."

Okay... She just turned the words, 'your dad' into just 'dad'. I was so confused. I nodded and grabbed her hand and we quickly walked down the stairs.

Peter and Daniella was standing with their backs facing me, then when we came down, they turned around and had the most shocking expressions on their face.

I couldn't stand straight and I was just flat out nervous. Kaylie grabbed my arm and sighed, "Don't worry. You look gorgeous."

Daniella laughed, "Umm heck yeah. I mean, I knew you were pretty, but you're absolutely gorgeous in that!"

Peter just nodded his head, "I'm out of words. All I can say... amazing."

I chuckled and looked at all three of them. I groaned, "I have to be back before 12."

"And we are getting you back before 12." They all said in unison then laughed. Peter continued, "The only thing I can complain about is your voice. Dude, I told you to hold it off on the ice water. You sound nasty."

Daniella hit him hard, "Jerk."

He shrugged and Kaylie and I laughed. We all nodded our heads and rushed into Peter's car. I sat in the back with Kaylie and Daniella sat in the front with Peter. My heart was still racing about Kayla, Kate or Margaret finding out. I would be so dead if they knew.

I started whispering to Kaylie, "Do you know everything, exactly?"

She slightly nodded her head. I still couldn't the fact off my mind that she said that she was my sister. Like, what does she mean by sister? Does she mean cousins... Half sister... or actual sister. And if we were actual sisters, that would mean we were born so close to each other.

Ugh, my head started to hurt.

I had the biggest headache.

Kaylie's phone began ringing and it was Margaret wanting to facetime with her. All of our eyes grew big and I had no idea what to do.

Kaylie turned on the phone and Peter parked his car. I got out of the car quickly, with a group of children watching me. I went behind the car and could hear Kaylie talking.

** Kaylie's Point of View **

I picked up my phone for facetiming and I saw Margaret's face on my phone screen. "Hey mom." I started.

"You're all done? Whose car are you in?"

I changed my front camera to the back camera to show Peter driving and he waved at Margaret, and pretending to drive. I slightly laughed and showed Daniella as well. Marisa was in the back and I felt so bad that all those kids were just looking at her. Well, I heard one kid say, "It's Cinderella!"

I only heard her shush them. Margaret sighed, "Did you tell Marisa to do cleaning before you left? I don't need her slacking off."

I nodded my head and she hung up the phone. I sighed in relief and told Marisa to come back in.

Well, I feel like half the secret is out... I was at least able to say that we were sisters somehow.

** End of Point of View **

When Kaylie was finished, I quickly rushed back into the car and Peter drove off.

When we arrived in front of the school, my heart was racing so fast... and beating so hard.

"I can't do this. I can't go in there." I confessed.

Peter exclaimed, "Dude! No... You are not backing down now."

I gulped, "What if people know that I'm me?"

"They won't. You have a mask on, your hair is down, you're wearing make up, and you're wearing a dress. Something that Marisa Anderson will never ever do." Daniella said. I breathed and held my locket necklace tightly. Kaylie put my mask on and said softly, "I believe you can do this, sis."

When she said sis, I smiled big. I closed my eyes, held tightly onto my necklace and breathed loudly. I nodded my head at the three of them and then we went to the dance.

I had never seen the gymnasium at this school before... but it was pretty big. There was a medium size stair way that I had to walk down... and probably about half the gymnasium looked at me.

I had no idea who anyone was. But I did spot Kayla because her dress was quite unique, and she was not wearing a mask. But everyone else wore a mask.

Where was Ryan? Was he looking? Would he know who I was? Ugh, I did not wanna be here right now.

Peter and Daniella walked away and went towards them. I stood there with Kaylie and finally stepped my foot onto the dance.

I breathed heavily and looked at Kaylie. Before she walked off, she whispered to me, "Be careful not to drink anything iced. Your cold will get worse and worse."

I smiled and she went off. I was standing by myself, with still, half the gymnasium looking at me.

What to do... what to do...

** Ryan's Point of View **

This girl walked into the gymnasium wearing a cinderella dress and I wanna guess half the guys at the dance had to look at her. She was amazingly gorgeous.

I had never seen her though. She didn't look like a person who went to our school.

When Peter and Daniella came over, "Hey... Guys... You know her?"

Peter shrugged, "Beats me. We just walked in together. Why?"

"Dude. She's kind of pretty." I replied.

Tory shrugged, "Meh. Anyway, can't beat my Marisa. Stinks that she couldn't come tonight."

I frowned. Did he always have to bring Marisa up? It's like he claimed her. But who was that girl? She was gorgeous.

Daniella started, "You should ask her to dance. It seems like she's not with anyone."

I slightly smiled and put my mask on. Well, I guess I should.