My So Called Cinderella Life

The Necklace

** Ryan's Point of View **

Okay... I was not gonna let her go like that. We hung out at the back of the school for about an hour and I still didn't know who she was. When she ran back inside of the school... I started running after her.

At the door, Tammy grabbed my wrist, "Who was that?"

I tried letting go but she was holding to me with a lot of power and she seemed mad. I grabbed her other hand and said slowly, "Seriously Tammy... Let me go, right now."

"Why? You wanna go follow that Cinderella girl? Do you even know who she is?"

All I could do was shake my hands off of her very hard and just glared at her. I started running after that girl but all I saw was her back running out of the school. Where was she in such a hurry to?

I ran up the stairs and tried following her but she was way passed the door. I sighed and slightly hit the railings on the stairs. Ugh, how did I let her get away?

I started walking back down and stepped on something. I looked down and saw a silver necklace with a heart shaped locket. I picked it up and looked at the inside.

I was shocked when it was a picture of Paul Anderson and another woman on the other side. It must have been... That girl's neckalce. Right, she was wearing it when we were toghether. I ran outside the school's parking lot and she was no where to be seen.

Ugh, damn. Who was this girl? Even in 2nd grade, I never got to know her name... And I still don't know her name. Why were we always separated somehow? I didn't even know what she looked like... So it would be hard to find her in school.

I hit my forehead... Why... Why did I let her go?

** End of Point of View **

Peter drove out of the parking lot quickly and I pulled off my mask. I groaned loudly, "I'm so dead if I'm not home in like 10 minutes!"

"We're gonna make it! Don't worry... Why'd you come so late?"

"My eleven o' clock alarm didn't go off. I guess my bra must have hit snooze for some reason."

Daniella exclaimed, "Doesn't matter... Marisa just needs to get home, like now!"

Peter drove very quickly and started smiling, "Okay so you and Sheckler?! Did he figure out who you were?"

"I was going to tell him... But then the alarm rang."

"So tell him Monday?"

"I can't now."

"What?! Why?!" Peter exclaimed. I replied, "Dude. He's expecting some girly girl who is very girly... wears dresses to be the girl behind cinderella... Not Marisa."

"Okay. Girl, you are making this wayyy hayyy complicated. You just tell him."

"I can't! And when were you guys gonna tell me that Ryan was the kid who was very nice to me when I wore my bunny outfit to school?"

Peter asked, "Whoa... that was Sheckler?"

I nodded and Daniella said, "Wait? You didn't know. That's how I know Ryan... From 2nd grade. Then he moved away, but we were in very little contact."

Peter looked very confused, "How was I not in this?"

"Were you ever nice when we were younger?" Daniella asked. I groaned, "Really it doesn't matter... Because Marisa and Cinderella are not the same person after tonight."

"What?!" All Peter, Kaylie and Daniella exclaimed. I replied, "He's not expecting Cinderella to be me... I'm not his type AT ALL... Like not even a little bit. So I'm not gonna ruin it for him."

Kaylie sighed and rested her head on the headrest. "But you guys are friends. He's gonna find out eventually."

"No, he's not finding out at all. Friends or not, he's not finding out. You guys don't even dareeeeee tell him."

They all kept quiet and I repeated, "Promise me? Pleasee!"

"We promise." They all said in unison. Then Kaylie added, "Still don't understand though."

"I'm sure he never had feelings for me as Marisa. When I walked in not being myself, he automatically liked me. I just don't want him to be disappointed."

Peter sighed, "You're seriously thinking too much."

"Just please... Drop the subject. He's not finding out who I am. I'll just let him like Cinderella. And now that I know how he feels, I can stop liking him."

Daniella smirked, "So you DO like him?"

I stood quiet then said softly, "Did... Now, no."

I sat back and looked at the time. It was already 11:40 and I was more than half way there. I need to be like in my bed now! Oh my goodness.

I reached for my necklace and my necklace was missing from my neck. I began panicking and touched my neck multiple times. Kaylie began looking at me and tears started coming from my eyes. I looked on the ground to check if it was there, but it was no where in sight.

I began crying and hit my forehead. Kaylie asked, "What's wrong?"

"My necklace... My necklace that dad gave me. It's not on my neck."

"Maybe you forget at home?" Kaylie asked.

"I wear it every day! I only take it off when I'm in the shower... Other than that, I've never taken it off. Ever... I remember wearing it tonight. It can't be lost... No."

"Riss. Calm down... It's gotta be around here somewhere... I'll help you find it, but I gotta get you home first."

Kaylie wiped the tears coming from my eyes, but it really didn't stop. That necklace was everything to me. It was Dad's and it was the last thing he ever gave to me before he died. I couldn't lose it.

By the time we got home it was already 11:55... I ran for it and Kaylie stayed in the car. She was going to get out but I shouted, "No... You stay with Peter and Daniella. If you come back home early, Margaret will wonder. The dance ends in like two hours, you guys should go back."

What was amazing was I spotted Margaret's car WAY at the end of the street and my eyes grew very big. Crap... Crap... Crap!

I concluded, "Peter! Don't forget my necklace!" Then I ran into the house and ran upstairs. I quickly got out of my dress and changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants.

Ah, the dress. I heard the door opening and I started panicking. Where to put the dress... Where do I put it...

I saw a little square roof in my closet that I've never noticed until now. I got a small box and stood on it and shoved the dress into the little space and it actually fit. I closed the cover quickly, but two little pieces of paper fell out and it slowly flew down. They both fell at the same time and I looked down. It was both noted: To Marisa...

Daddd!

I was still on top of the box when I was going to get down to go pick it up. But then the door open and I panicked and fell off the box, landing out my butt. Half of my body went out of my closet and there stoof Margaret and Kate at my door. I quickly pick up the two pieces of paper and crumpled it up.

Margaret asked puzzled, "What... Are you doing?"

"You said to clean didn't you?"

"The house! Not your room."

I slightly smiled, "Well... In case they came in here... So I can get ready. My cloest's a mess."

I quickly grabbed the paper and put it on my shelf in the closet. I quickly got up and limped to them. "You guys need anything?"

Kate began, "Yeah. Don't forget about that car of yours that I need to borrow for school Monday."

I shrugged, "Yeah take it."

Kate and Margaret looked at each other with a puzzled look... "You're not arguing today. But it's my car... I paid for it... Blah... Blah, blah."

I shrugged. "Lazy to argue?"

Margaret grabbed Kate's arm, "Let's go sweetie."

Kate nodded, before she left, she shook her head, "Such a freak."

They closed the door and I sighed in relief. Oh damn, I was so freaking tired. I panted for a while and then went back to my closet.

Before I grabbed the notes to read them... I said softly to myself, "Dadd... I'm sorry. I don't know where your necklace is."