My So Called Cinderella Life

Mr. Alfred, Again

I woke up for school the next Monday and my cold was already gone. I talked to myself to check if my voice was okay, and it was back to normal. I groaned while getting up and then went to the bathroom.

As I was brushing my teeth, I thought about Mr. Alfred... Crap! I totally forgot about Mr. Alfred! He told me to find him cause he was chaperoning. Ugh, why did I get so caught up with Ryan? I wasn't able to talk to Kaylie, or Mr. Alfred.

I wanted to cry. Why was I like this?

There was some way I had to talk to him...When I went back to my room to get dressed, I found the two crumpled pieces of paper that was on my shelf. Dad! His notes... I totally forgot about his notes the other night.

Ugh, why was my head only focused on Ryan? I hit myself in the forehead... I was such a terrible person.

I went to go read them and I automatically flipped to the back.

The first note read, "Hello! You've found number eight! So, your mother knew that I absolutely loved writing, so she gave me a diary for our anniversary gift (which also happened to be my birthday) and it had a picture of us on the inside cover. I did leave it for you somewhere, so I hope you find it =]

I slightly smiled and started talking, "Hope you know that I'm using it to keep track of your notes, Dad."

I picked up the second one and it read, "Number nine! I forgot to mention that this was the jackpot... Two notes in one place. So about tenth grade, I absolutely knew that your mother was the girl that I was definitley going to marry. I wrote in my diary, so hopefully you'll find some and read it. By our freshman year in college, I proposed to her and to my surprise, she answered yes... God, I'm gonna miss you so much."

Tears actually went down my eyes. I really wanted to know what Mom was like. Hearing what Dad talked about, I really wished she didn't pass away so fast.

At school, I actually feared to see Ryan... but I was super excited to see Mr. Alfred. I had him first period and I was actually planning to go to his class like fifteen minutes early to apologize and really wanted to talk to him about Dad.

It was raining today so we had to meet in the hallway by our lockers before class started. I was sitting on the floor with Peter and Daniella. Kaylie was the library as usual. When I saw Ryan and Tory walking towards us, I started sinking behind between Daniella and Peter.

Tory waved at us, but Ryan seemed like he was out of it. He was looking around in the back of him and then on the sides of him and I automatically knew who he was looking for.

I slightly frowned and then they were finally in front of us. "Hey'dudes." Tory started as he sitting down opposite from us. Ryan sat down next to him and was just not focusing. Peter started, "What's up with him? Looks like he got into an accident and then forgot everything."

Ryan finally looked back and smiled, "Hey guys. Sorry." He was still kind of looking. "What's wrong with you today?" Peter asked.

Ryan laughed, "You guys saw the girl I was with at the dance right?"

Everyone nodded except for me and he smiled, "Ah she was amazing. Turns out she was the girl that's always stuck on my mind the whole time. The girl who always wore the bunny outfit to school. I never thought I would see her." He then turned to look at me and continued, "Fate definitely brought us to see each other again."

Fate... Sure.

Peter chuckled, "What's her name if it's fate you loser."

Ryan frowned, "I didn't get it. I barely got to see her face because of her mask. She wouldn't take it off for me... All she said was 'later'."

"She sounds kind of mysterious. Are you sure she goes to this school?" Tory asked.

Ryan replied, "I'm sure. Besides, it's hard to get in into this dance if you don't have an ID."

He looked like he was thinking for a while then he pointed, "That's it! I'll ask the student doorman who checked her ID card... He'll give me her name."

Before getting up, Tory pulled his shirt, "Slow your horses there man. He's not going to remember. He checks like how many hundred students for this thing? Trust me. You're not gonna find it."

Ryan sat back down and groaned, "How am I ever going to find her?"

Peter came close to my ear and whispered, "So... When are you gonna say something?"

I glared him, "Shh..."

Tory asked, "So what do you like about her anyway? Besides that she looked very pretty."

"Ah, she's gorgeous, she's friendly, very nice, sweet... And such a good person. PLUS! Her dad's Paul Anderson, you gotta give props to that."

"Paul Anderson, dude?! That dude is a major skateboarding legend!" Tory exclaimed. I breathed heavily and wandered my eyes around.

Ryan continued, "When we talked about what was our last memories, I told her that the last thing I can remember was a girl walking in school with a bunny outfit and it seemed like she knew what i was talking about. Turns out to be her... Ugh, I have to find this girl."

I stayed very quiet then stood up. "I gotta go..."

Tory stood up after me, "Where are you going? We haven't even talked. We haven't seen each other all weekend."

"Yeah. You still need to explain why your butt wasn't at the dance. We haven't seen each other for two weeks... All we've done is text each other." Ryan said. I slightly smiled then sat down next to them.

I continued, "What do you wanna know?"

"Did your stepmother and stepsister keep you locked up?" Tory asked. I sighed, "Meh. I had to clean the house because they had guests coming over the next day."

Ryan sighed, "Oh dude. Kayla saw me at the dance because I was running after the Cinderella girl... But when I came back my mask was off and she was like very clingy."

Tory joked, "Can't imagine what it will be like if you guys were dating."

"Hah, funny." Ryan chuckled. He continued, "Feel terrible you had to miss it though. Heard you had a cold... How was that?"

Tory leaped his head over, "You had cold? Why didn't I hear about this?"

"You were at soccer the whole week."

I then saw Kayla walking down the hallway and sighed loudly. "I really gotta go now, step-sister's coming."

Tory asked, "Wait. We have first period together today."

"I know but I gotta ask Mr. Alfred about the homework assignment. It was kind of confusing."

He nodded his head and waved at me. I waved at all of them then started walking.

I quickly walked to Mr. Alfred's room. To my luck, Mr.Alfred was there and I slightly knocked on the door. He motioned me to come and and I came in and closed the door.

He started, "So we weren't able to talk at the dance at all?"

"I know. I'm sorry. I was very caught up with everything."

"Well, I saw you with Ryan Sheckler." He sighed, "Young people these days."

I looked at him, "Wait... you knew what costume I was in?"

He shrugged, "Yeah... When you came down, I was like wow... Can't believe that was the little newborn girl that I held and played around with. Can't believe you're all grown up... That makes me feel so old though."

I slightly laughed then continued, "Oh, Ryan and I... weren't... Ah, nevermind. I actually wanted to talk to you about Dad perhaps. I didn't really have the chance to talk to you at all. With my friends and my step-sister."

"What do you wanna know?"

"Have you known my dad long?"

"We were besties in college. Even skateboarded together."

"If you knew him in college, then you must have known my mom well too..."

He nodded, "Yeah. Like I said, if I didn't know that your mom was dating your dad, I probably would have asked your mom out. Gorgeous woman."

I slightly smiled and sighed, "So you made it to Mom's funeral?"

"Yepp. Your dad was the saddest as I'd ever seen him in my life. Then right after that, I had an emergency family problem to go to England and stayed there for a while. Then I came back and found out your dad was already gone."

I frowned. He patted my back, "Hey, it'll be okay. Your dad was great. I'm sure you'll find the time to be with him again."

"So do you know Margaret Phillips?" I began asking. He bent his back a little and sighed, "Man. Margaret Phillips. Definitley knew her... She and I..."

The bell then rang then one person came into the room right away. I slightly frowned and looked at Mr. Alfred. He raised his eyebrows at me and concluded, "I'll tell you another time."

I took a seat and Tory came in a few minutes later. When I turned around to talk to him, I smiled and placed his hands on my hair. He started sighing, "So... Marisa."

"Hmm?"

"I kind of wanna tell you something, but I don't know how to tell you."

"What's up?"

He sighed but he didn't say anything. He sank down in his chair and tried speaking, "Okay... Don't hate me... But... I think..."

This was bothering me. I looked at him closer, "Hey. You're scaring me, what's up?"

"Ummm... I think... Well, I know. But I think I want to say that I really like you."