My So Called Cinderella Life

The Mall, Part 2

"And you're telling me this in Mr. Alfred's class?" I asked sarcastically. He chuckled, "Well, my original plan was telling you at the dance that I liked you... but apparently, that did not work."

I wandered my eyes around and just pouted my mouth, didn't know what to say. I mean, Tory was friendly and sweet but I didn't have feelings for him like I did for Ryan. I don't know what the difference between them was... I could have so liked Tory easily because he's just as handsome... but I don't know.... Ryan was always on my head since the first day I met him.

I just continued looking and him with soft eyes and then he cracked up laughing, "Whoo. That was relief."

Then I gave him a puzzled look and he pushed my arms, then continued, "I'm at relief that I told you I liked you."

Still... Gave him a puzzled look.

He continued, "I told you I liked you... If you don't like me back, that's cool. If you do, I'd ask you out on a date."

"That sounds very... easy." I said slowly. He shrugged, "Hey... Now that I know that you don't have any feelings for me, I can just be myself around you and try to make you like me."

I laughed and put my hands on my forehead. I just continued looking at him and he continued talking, "Hey... I'm not that hot-headed where a girl doesn't like me back. Oh, I fight when a girl doesn't like me back. I'm like if I like this girl, she must like me someday!"

I just continued laughing my ass off because he had the funniest tone ever... But he still got the hint that I didn't like him. He then rubbed my head and sighed, "Don't worry about it. I just like you... If you like me someday, I'll be happy. But if you don't, I can move on."

I took his hands off of my head and smiled, "Thanks dude."

"Well, I'm just relieved that Sheckler doesn't like you."

My heart literally dropped when he said that.

I tried asking normally, "Why would Sheckler like me anyway?"

"Oh... The first day you came to school, you guys seemed like you hit it off more than you did with me. Like he paid for your lunch and the way he looked at you was like different than other girls. Don't get me wrong, Sheckler doesn't really fall for girls easily... But I know after meeting his Cinderella girl, he's crazy about her. So that means I've got no competition."

I tried smiling but couldn't really. I pushed his arms then rolled my eyes. Seriously, should I tell Ryan? He'd probably be like wicked disappointed though. I mean... I'm not his type of girl at all. He said that he likes girly girls but aren't like super girly... I don't know what he means by that.

I went by the day at school just being sad and upset. It was terrible.

During the class I had with Ryan, I tried to best to avoid him. Like, sitting on the other side... But when he walked in, he gave me a puzzled look and came up to me. "Yo, why are you sitting on this side today?"

I shrugged, "I wanted to change the atmosphere."

"Okay... I'll change the atmosphere with you then." He said sitting down.

I groaned to myself and complain in my head, "Really... Really..."

I had my back face him then he tapped my shoulders. I slightly turned around and he started, "Marisa... You think... I can tell you about this girl that I met?"

I stayed quiet and he continued, "I don't know who to tell without anyone making fun of me. And you're the only person that I know who wouldn't judge me."

Ugh, this was going to be torture.

But I slightly nodded my head and grinned, "I'll listen."

He came up and hugged me very hard and smiled that wonderful smile. "You're amazing. Let's get together after school today. Sound good?"

I grinned and nodded. He gave me a fist pound and then class started. So I have to listen to him talking about me... How was I going to handle that?

After school, Ryan and I went to the mall and sat down at the food court. He paid for my food once again and I just kept smiling at him.

He began, "So... Should I start explaining about this girl?"

I nodded my head, "Sure..."

"Okay. So when she walked in, she looked absolutely amazing. Like, every one... especially every guy, had to take a look at her. She was wearing this knee length white dress that like automatically sparkled because of her. It seemed like she was alone, so I went to go talk to her and we automatically hit it off."

I nodded, "What'd you guys talk about?"

He shrugged, "We played the question game. Each of us took turn asking questions... Then I found out her dad was Paul Anderson... My favorite skateboarder ever. Then I found out that the two of us have known each other since second grade... Both of us remembered a little kid but we never knew who it was or what their names were... Turned out to be us that played together at recess."

He leaned his back backwards and sighed, "Man. Fate definitley brought us to meet again. I don't usually fall for girls easily, but this girl... Oh god, she was one of a kind."

I played with my bangs a little and pouted my mouth. Ugh, I wanna tell him. But I had to see if he would be okay if I was Cinderella.

"What did you exactly like about her? I mean... What brought you to be amazed by her?"

He sighed, "When I saw her, I said to myself... Wow this girl is similar to my type of girl for looks. But when I talked to her, she was exactly my type. It's hard to find a girl whose like an actual girl and who can do skateboarding."

I slightly frowned and he smiled, "Not that I'm calling you a tomboy. I find it amazing that you're a skater."

"I get it." I cut him off.

He continued, "But yeah. She was... amazing. I wish I got her name... or even took off her mask. Her mask covered pretty much half of her face... I couldn't even see her nose. All I have was something that she..."

Then I heard Tory's sound cut us off, "Hey dudes."

We both turned around and it was Tory. Tory sat next to me and Ryan slightly frowned. I was doing most of the frowning today. Tory began, "So you guys come to mall and don't invite me?"

I smiled, "Ryan wanted to explain about his Cinderella girl."

"Oh..." Then Tory smiled at me, "So if I talk about another girl, we can come just the two of us like this?"

I pushed him and my eyes widened when I saw Mr. Alfred walking with another woman in the mall.

I quickly got up and told the two of them, "I have to go."

"Why so suddenly?" Ryan asked.

I lied, "I could have sworn I saw my step mother. I have to go... I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Ryan stood up after me and grabbed my arm, "Can I text you later?"

His eyes became very soft on me and we met eyes for about five seconds. I always manage to have butterflies when I should not have any anymore. I quickly nodded my head and tried letting go of his grasp on my arm. I walked fastly to Mr. Alfred and called out his name.

He and the woman turned around and he had a puzzled look on his face. "Hey kiddo."

I went up to him and smiled. "Hi."

He introduced, "Oh Gina. This is one of my students, Marisa. Marisa, this is my wife, Gina."

She shook my hands and asked, "Have we met before? I feel like I've seen you."

I smiled. I could hear Mr. Alfred whispering in her ear, "She's Paul's long-lost daughter."

She slightly laughed then looked at me, "Oh!! Anderson's daughter? Wow. What a pretty girl."

"You knew my dad too?"

"Oh yes. Your dad actually introduced me to Paul..." She replied pointing to Mr. Alfred. He wandered his eyes around, "Did I forget to mention that my name was Paul as well?"

I kind of smiled and she just kept smiling at me. "Good looks like her father and gorgeous like her mother. A shame that they're both not here. Would've looked like a great family photo."

I slightly smiled and Mrs. Alfred, "Well... You two wanna talk about something? I'll just go into the store for ten minutes and come back out."

She patted Mr. Alfred's back and then walked into the store that was in front of us.

Mr. Alfred motioned us to sit on the bench in front of the store so we did. He started, "We left at Philly right?"

"Philly?"

"Margaret Phillips. Everyone called her Philly in high school."

I nodded and he continued, "I met Philly at a party in around 9th grade. I remember she went to a high school in San Diego and I went to Beverly Hills High School. But my best friend lived in San Diego and I went to visit him and he took me to a house party that weekend. So I met Philly and we kind of hit it off right away."

I smiled, "You and Margaret liked each other?"

He nodded. "More like... Lusted for each other." I laughed and put my head between my knees, "Oh my god. Way too much information." He kind of smiled and continued, "Believe it or not. You can't really say that we dated because we always... you know..."

I nodded and he continued, "So basically... When I found out what Margaret was really like... I immediately just wanted to stop everything with her."

"What was she like?"

"Excuse my language but she was a complete whore. She was only fourteen or fifteen, and she slept with every man that she could possibly get and I was only just one of them. I have to say I have my dignity rights of being a man and I did not appreciate that at all. So we were not in contact for a while."

This information was helping me so much. I loved Mr. Alfred right now. I wanted to declare him my second father right at this moment.

"So... You guys came in contact again?"

"Ah... That is where your father comes in. This was about the first year in college... Your dad took your mom to a fancy restaurant and I was coincidently there eating with a former girlfriend of mine. And to my surprise, your dad proposed to your mother after their dinner. Then Margaret came in and went insane. She threw the menus at them, the cake at your dad's face... She even took the glass and was about to throw it at your mother... Then, of course, I was the heroic one and had to take Margaret away from the restaurant. That was when your dad and I knew we went to the same college and just became really good friends. One of my bestest."

"So do you know the whole story? Margaret got married to Dad like when I was nine. And after that, she was a complete witch to me. Now, that I have some background information, it's even worse."

"I don't exactly know the whole story but I can help you find out the whole story."

I looked at him and he smirked, "Listen. I know my Pauly did not want to marry a woman like Margaret. He loved your mother like he didn't need anything else on this planet. And him marrying Margaret is just the most confusing story ever and there is definitley a suspicious story behind it."

I smiled... And he continued, "I will help you. Before your dad passed away, he sent me something to England but he said not to open it but it was going to be for Marisa when it was the right time."

My eyes widened, "He sent you something to England for me?"

He nodded, "Yepp. But I don't know what it is. But hey kiddo, don't be in a rush. He said you'll find out the exact time for you understand everything... Then I can give it to you. It's sitting on the shelf of my attic... Hasn't gone anywhere yet."

"You... are my fairy god mother right now." I bursted out.

He looked behind him and then back at me, "I'd prefer Fairy God Father. You can claim Mrs. Alfred as your fairy god mother."

I laughed, "Thank you so much. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you. This scavenger hunt would be a burden... Thank you so much."

"Hey. If it helps my best friend's daughter, I'm all up for it."

I smiled and looked at him. Not only was he handsome, but his heart was made of gold. Mr. Alfred, my fairy god father. I liked it =]

** Kayla's Point of View **

I went to the mall with Mariah and came across Marisa sitting on a bench with Mr. Alfred there. I had seen them a few times already in class and it seemed like they were hiding something.

There was definitley something going on there. I looked at them talking and they seemed like they were laughing it off and just having a good time.

I bit my lips. They met each other after class... and now they're meeting each other outside of school.

I wonder how mom will feel about that.

** End of Point of View **