My So Called Cinderella Life

The Basement

Back at home, I was making dinner for Margaret, Kayla and Kaylie and Kaylie was allowed to help me make dinner today, but with Kayla at a close distance so we didn't really talked at all. All we did was make eye contact and smiled at each other.

On television, Ryan came on and Kayla literally shrieked when she saw it. It was the recent skateboarding tour that he was on and I kind of was watching it from behind the kitchen counter. He was just so cute.

A news reporter came up to interview him and asked, "Your best friend isn't besides you today... Isn't he like your sidekick?"

"Ah Tory? He's my best man... Don't consider him my sidekick. We work together."

"So any girl situation that we should be aware of? Before all the girls who are dreaming of you gets their heart broken?"

Ryan slightly laughed, "Umm... Well to all you girls out there, I am interested in somebody. But I am still single so come while it lasts."

I slightly frowned and sighed. Of course, Cinderella. Me... in a cinderella form. He has no sense in liking me whatsoever.

The news reporter continued saying, "Well any girls who just heard those words out there, Ryan has a mystery woman coming his way. We'll let him get back and good luck with that girl of yours Mr. Sheckler."

Ryan waved at the camera and smiled. He was so cute when he was smiling. I started smiling as I was cutting up the garlic and just kept smiling. So, so, so, so, so cute =]

Then I heard Kayla's voice, "Oh no... No, no no, no no."

"What?" I asked looking at her.

"Don't give me a what? You're so looking at Ryan Sheckler. You like him don't you?"

"Am I drooling over the television like you?"

"Don't ignore my question. You hang out with him so much. You must like him."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm just looking at the tv. We're friends... So I just wanna see what my friend is up to on television."

"That is not the look of any friendship at all. You like him. Admit it."

"Not as much as you."

She snickered, "Anyway. He'll never be into you. He's famous and you're just a nobody. He probably doesn't know that you're Paul's daughter."

We all looked at her including Margaret who was giving her a death glare right now. She bit into her apple and had a puzzled look, "What? Why not talk about my step-dad who died?"

I threw the knife down the table and sighed loudly. Kaylie came up to grab my wrist and Kayla slightly laughed, "Totally forgot that he was your real dad. Never seems like he loved you like a daughter at all. He spoiled us soo much, he must have just forgotten about you when he got married to mom. You didn't seem to get anything. Even the will that he wrote up only had mom, me, Kate and Kaylie... nothing towards you at all. Great dad, eh?"

I looked over at Margaret who know was smiling at Kayla... Seems like what Kayla said to me satisfied Margaret soo much. These... ughhh! They're just terrible people!

My eyes started tearing up and I put my fists together. Ugh, if I could just punch her at the moment.

When I find out everything, she will get what's coming to her... Ugh! I was super angry. She continued the conversation, "Anyway... Ryan wouldn't be into you at all. I saw the way he looked at that hideous cinderella girl... He's gotta been into her. So if he's into her, I guess I could go with your other friend, Tory."

Kaylie laughed so hard and Kayla asked, "What?!"

She continued, "First. Cinderella was probably the prettiest one there. You're just jealous cause you couldn't find a cinderella dress like hers probably. And second, Tory... is into her."

Kayla frowned and looked at me. She put both of her hands up and shrieked, "Eeeeeeee!! Marisa?! No! So not true. How can he like that?"

"Why would he like what's standing in front of me?" Kaylie snickered.

Kayla glared at her and raised her neck up like she wanted to fight. Kaylie kind of did the same, but in a cuter way and I shook my head.

Margaret yelled from the living room, "Girls... Please stop arguing. It does get annoying."

I started, "Yeah. Just please. Kayla, have all the guys that you want... I'm not stopping you. Ryan, Tory, Peter... Just take em'. But the only thing you have to do is make them want you... And that is going to be hard considering your personality."

"I have a wonderful personality, thank you very much."

Kaylia smiled, "You call spoiled, stuck up brat, only thinks of herself, picks on other people to make herself feel good, picks on her older step-sister, picks on her actual sister, thinks every guy likes her when they don't and clingy is a wonderful personality? Wow. You need to go back to kindergarten to get your skills taught or something."

I turned around smiling very big in case Kayla or Margaret would noticed. I absolutely loved Kayliee!

Kayla then walked in to the dining room where Margaret sat and pouted her mouth almost the entire time.

I began cutting my the garlic up again but just more angrily. When I went to the cabinet to find some pans, there weren't any.

I turned to Kaylie, "Have you seen the pans?"

She shook her head and Margaret, "Oh. I must have put it in the basement. I kept it out when the plummers were coming. You can run down and get it by yourself."

Ew. The basement was all the way on the other side of the house which took like ten minutes to get there. And it was dark...

I looked at Kaylie and we began walking together. Margaret called out, "Kaylie... Don't you dare."

We looked at each other and Kaylie apologized with her eyes and she let go of my hand. I sighed and began walking.

When I finally reached the basement door, I was already a little shaky. I started opening the door and it automatically had a creaking noise. I could already see that the basement was dark and very scary from the top view. I began walking slowly.

I hadn't been in here ever since Dad had passed away. Come to think of it, I've only come down this basement only four times in my life, and this was the fifth. I don't even remeber the first two or three times.

The wooden stairs creaked as I walked and I wanted to cry. When I reached the bottom, I found a small light on the celing and reached up to turn it on.

I started put my hands together and prayed, "Oh lord, god... or whoever's up there. Please keep my safe... I'm a very innocent person who does not want to get haunted by anyone down here. Please!"

I sighed loudly and then a sound came from next to me and I shrieked "Ahh!"

I looked at it was two spiders running down the wall. My heart was beating so fast and I breathed slowly. Get the pans and get the helllll outta here.

I saw the pans in the site and I quickly walked to it. Damn, this basement really needed a renovation or something to make it less haunted than this. It was so creepy... Seems like a thousand ghosts could be living under this thing. My house was pretty old also.When I got the pans, I quickly turned around and with my luck tripped on a wire.

Dust came into my face. I was in between a dusty table and a dusty bed where under the bed, I saw a group of spiders running around.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed so loud and got up and then bumped into a medium sized shelf and the whole thing fell down. I groaned, "Ughhhhh crap!"

I tried picking it up and the dust sticking to my hands and I almost gagged. Anything dirty that touches me, I just get paranoid. I was afraid of any more spiders. A flashlight fell down... I grabbed a small cloth to clean up the flashlight and turned it on. Hmm, surprised it still worked.

I looked around the basement... It was just messy, creepy and dark. I finally picked up the shelf and a small heart shaped box that fell down caught my attention. It was labeled on the front "To my lovely daughter" in dad's handwriting...

Daddd!

I opened the box and it was pictures filled with us. Oh my god, I couldn't find these pictures in years. They've been here the whole time? I continued looking through the box and there was small, light brown enveloped under all of it. On the front, it wrote "Jackpottttt!" I flipped the envelope around, "Hey daughter. I've kept a whole bunch of notes in here and they're in order, so they might actually make sense. Man, I wanna know how old you are when you find these. Make sure to let me know even though I'm in heaven but I know we'll meet one day."

As I was about to take the notes out, the flashlight went dead on me and I groaned. "Why now? Do you really hate me that much flashlight?"

I didn't know where to put the box but I placed the small envelope in my back pocket. I placed the box behind the stairway so I could come back and get it. If I came up with a box, then the two of the witches would suspect something.

I quickly ran back upstairs and shut the door as fast as I could.

When I went back to the kitchen, Margaret started, "What took so long? That was like an hour."

"Almost. I fell down so it was hard to get up."

"Is my stuff okay? You're so freaking clumbsy. I'm so bored of you."

"It's fine."

I made sure that the envelope was in my back pocket and it was still there. I was at relief. I finished the dinner and was finally done with the night.

How was I going to tell Kaylie about this though?

At school, I met up with Peter and Daniella who were standing by my locker and looking at something out of the blue.

What are they looking at?

I went up to them and tried to position myself and what they were looking at. I saw Ryan talking to a girl and she shook her head and he walked away from her. Then he went to a different girl and did the same thing. I started, "What's Ryan doing?"

Daniella replied very slowly, "Finding his Cinderella."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

Peter groaned, "Are you gonna tell him anytime soon? If I have to see Sheckler like this for another year, I might not be able to be friends with him."

I sighed, "How is he gonna find the girl if he just asks stuff like this?"

Peter sighed, "I don't know. But he said he has something of hers that could indicate something. What do you have that would be in his hands right now?"

I tried thinking but couldn't really think. What would be in Ryan's hands right now? I continued looking at him and he just kept going on. He looked very cute, but idiotic having to look for... Cinderella... Who was me... But technically not.

He finally asked the last girl and she shook her head. He frowned walking away and sighed, "No luck finding my cinderella girl."

He looked at my direction, "Hey you."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Heard you were looking for her?"

"Yeah. I'm asking around every girl in school. No luck at all."

Peter laughed, "Dude. Are you going around to every girl and asking, are you the girl that I met the night of the dance? You didn't take your mask off for me and I never got your name. Is that you?"

We all smiled and Ryan sighed, "No... Way easier than that. Just... I have something of hers."

I was curious to know what it was... So I bobbed my head out at him, "What is that something?"

"I have it... She dropped a heart shaped locket, attached as a necklace... And it was a picture of her dad, Paul Anderson and another woman.

Oh. My. God. My necklace... He has my necklace?!

"The necklace?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you <33