My So Called Cinderella Life

The Birthday Surprise

For Ryan's birthday, we had a huge party at the skateboarding park that we liked to go to all the time. I can probably say that there were over thirty people at this thing and some people he didn't even know. And Ryan was that big, that they closed down the whole skateboarding park just for this party.

I got a big picture frame, where you could put a bunch of pictures in it and write silly stuff around the pictures. At the end it looked very cute, so I hoped he liked it ^_^

The party was super busy, so I went near the corner and sat by myself at a table. After a few minutes, Daniella and Peter came up to sit with me. Daniella started, "Who knew you could be this bored at this big of a party?"

Peter shrugged, "Well... There are adults here."

We laughed softly and I began texting Kaylie, who was still in Rhode Island with her cousin. Goodness, I missed her.

Peter sighed, "Risssaaaa. Will you be okay if Daniella and I are gone for two weeks?"

"Where are you guys going?"

Daniella replied, "Well... Peter's parents invited my parents to go to Cancun with them... So obviously my parents aren't going to turn that down. Told us to invite you too, but I bet that's gonna be hard, right?"

"Probably more than impossible. I don't think I even own a passport."

They laughed and Peter reached out to tap my shoulder. "It's okay Rissa. I'm sure you'll find something to do."

I sighed, "Ryan's going to Florida with his parents too the next two weeks. And Tory's going somewhere after the Bahamas."

I leaned my face against my arms and pouted my mouth, "I wish I could go travelling like you guys. If my life wasn't such a horrid thing, I would probably have been to fifteen different countries."

They smiled, "Hang in there. You'll get your time someday."

"That means you guys won't even be here for my birthday."

They widened their eyes and looked at each other. I pouted my mouth, "Wah. You guys forgot my birthday?"

Peter exclaimed, "Heck no! We would never forget. We just feel bad we won't be there for your birthday."

They had the guilt look on their face; They totally forgot my birthday. This was quite sad.

"So much for Tory's surprise." I whispered to myself. Peter came up and sat next to me and put his arms around my shoulders... "I'm sawwyyy."

I moved my head out of the way and pushed him. I wanted to cry. I felt so left out right now.

After an hour or so, I sat by myself once again. Peter and Daniella met up with old middle school friends so I was playing with my phone, at the same corner I was an hour ago.

A few minutes later, from behind me, I saw the present that I gave to Ryan as he placed it in front of me. I got butterflies from his arms being on both sides of me. I looked up and smiled.

He smiled, "Now... This is my favorite present." He sat down next to me and sighed, "Thank you. It's seriously my favorite."

"It's a bunch of pictures, how can it be your favorite?"

"Because it's from an amazing person like you."

I blushed and he pinched my cheeks. "You seem bored."

"Yeah, I would be lying if I said I was having a lot of fun."

He slightly laughed and I continued, "Just that I barely know anyone here. Only you, Peter and Daniella."

"Oh, so your birthday's coming soon, right? In a week, ish?"

Did everyone forget my birthday?

"Yeah, on the 10th."

He nodded, "Stinks that I won't be here, but I will get you a belated birthday gift, if that makes you feel any better."

I grinned and nodded. He patted my shoulders and sighed, "I gotta greet some more guests. I'll see you later."

I nodded and then he ran off.

So, this was not one of the best days. I wanted to tell him about me being Cinderella so badly, but did I have the chance? Not even one minute.

They said they had a surprise planned for me, but that got fired away, because everyone was away! :( It seems like they even't forgot... When I brought it up, they were like what?

FF: One week and a half.

I will tell you what I did for my birthday.

I bought a cake... By myself.

Blew out the candles... By myself.

Sang a happy birthday... By myself.

Bought a card... For myself.

This was so pathetic. I wish I wasn't eve born right now. I was so bored and upset that no one remembered. No one texted me that day, no one called me... Not even Kaylie! All Kaylie said was that she was having a blast in New England with her cousin. She didn't even text me a happy birthday; she must have forgotten.

It was nine o' clock and I was making dinner for myself. I was making my own pasta carbanora and just singing to myself at the time being. I was watching television along with it.

Usually, for my birthday.... Theres's always Margaret, Kayla or Kate to complain. This year is just super duper quiet.

There was a knock on my door and I jumped a bit. Okay, who was that at nine at night? I went to the door and scanned through the window next to it. I saw Mr. Alfred? I smiled and opened the door.

"Hii?"

"Hello. How are you kiddo?"

"I'm good." I saw him holding a present and a card with it. I looked down and chuckled.

"Oh, your dad always said that it was your birthday on January 10th, but I didn't exactly know what to do since I didn't know what you look like."

He handed me the present and I laughed, "Thank you!"

"Happy birthday kiddo." He said as patting my head. "Still can't believe how grown up you are."

Aw, Mr. Alfred was so sweet. Even sweeter when I knew that Dad was the one who told him.

He nudged his head towards me, "Consider me as another uncle, okay?"

"You're the only uncle that I know of." I joked.

He laughed and had his arms behind his back. He was such a sweetie.

I saw Mrs. Alfred waiting in the car and I waved at her. She poked her head out and exclaimed, "Happy 18th birthday sweetie!

"Thank you!" I replied. I looked at Mr. Alfred again and he continued, "What have you been doing for your birthday?"

I opened the door further to have him look at my dinner that I was cooking. I sighed, "Nothing. I'm by myself all day. Great 18th, right?"

He slightly laughed, "Oh you'll be surprised."

I gave him a puzzled look and he grinned, "I hope you like my present. Happy birthday kiddo."

He quickly ran back to his car and Mrs. Alfred waved at me. I waved back and then closed the door. I sighed loudly and place the present on table before my pasta got burned.

I finished my pasta and began watching television by myself. After a few minutes into watching 90210, I heard a banging sound coming from my backyard. I jumped again and was a bit startled. It was now like ten at night, so there should not be a banging sound in the back of my house. I stood up and went to look at the window. I turned on the light in the backyard, but didn't see anything. It was very clear with the grass newly cut and there was no sign of banging anywhere.

I must have been hallucinating.

I went back to go sit in the television and after a few minutes, the banging was here again... But not in my backyard... It was coming from in my house.

Okay, now I started to get freaked out.

I was afraid if I ran back into my room then something would pop out in the middle. I gulped very loudly. The banging sounds happened legit every minute... It was one big thump every single minute.

The heat wasn't on... So it couldn't have been that. AIr conditioning wasn't on either, so it couldn't have been that either. The banging sound came again and I started to get freaked out.

I never really believed in ghosts, but I believe in it now.

The sound was coming from the other side of the house. So I went to the shoe closet and got a baseball bat and pepper spray from it. Margaret always kept it in the shoe closet for some reason.

I slowly walked to the other side of the house and heard the banging sounds coming...

From downstairs.

The basement... Seriously? The place that I feared the most in this house... Aye!

I stood in front of the basement door and heard the sounds clearly coming from there. I slowly opened the door and poked my head in, pepper spray and baseball bat in the same hand. The sounds... was just a big annoying thump that I could hear clearly. I sighed loudly... I had a feeling in wasn't a ghost anymore; It was definitely a person.

That made it even worse.

A person in my house.

I walked slowly down the stairs and realized I had forgotten my phone, so it would be hard to call 911 if there was actually something.

Guess I had to take care of it myself.

My heart was racing like crazy cause I was afraid of getting hurt. I was already on the basement floor and the thumping sounds came faster and faster. I went past the shelf that I bumped into the other day to where I heard the thumping sounds. I went closer and closer to it and all it did was get louder and louder.

After a few minutes of getting closer to it, someone tapped me from behind and exclaimed, "Boo!"

"AHhhhhhhhh!!!!" I almost hit them but they grabbed my baseball bat and I opened my eyes.

It was Ryan!

"Ryan?!"

He laughed and had his hands on my shoulders. He began singing, "Happy birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you..."

The the lights turned on and I turned around seeing Peter, Daniella, Tory and Kaylie holding a cake with a two candles saying "18", they began singing again, "Happy Birthday to Marisa... Happy Birthday to you!"

They came up to me with a cake and had me blow out the candles. I closed my eyes and wished, "Let me know the whole story soon, please." And then blew out the candles. They clapped their hands and I placed the baseball bat and the pepper spray on the table next to me.

Peter laughed at Ryan, "Sheck. I told you you're in for a big risk if you wanted to be the one to greet her first."

I turned around to Ryan and he grabbed my hand, "Well. At least I listened to your warning and saw her with the baseball bat, otherwise I probably would have had blood on my head by now."

We all laughed and I stayed quiet. I looked at Ryan and pointed, "Okay... You said you were in Florida with your parents." I pointed at Daniella and Peter, "You two... said you were going to Cancun together." I pointed at Tory, "I don't where you were going after the Bahamas." Then at Kaylie, "And you... You're supposed to be on the other side of the country."

They all laughed and exclaimed, "Surprisee!"

Kaylie started, "How was it going to be a surprise if we didn't lie to you?"

Ryan's hand was still holding on to mine and Tory was kind of frowning when he saw it. I tried letting go but Ryan didn't let go of me. I kind of glared at him and he slightly shook his head indicating he wasn't letting go.

I started laughing and bent down to show my embarassment. "You guys... scared me half to death."

Daniella joked, "I'm surprised you even came down. I would have ran out of the house along with my clothes, computer and food."

I pouted my mouth, "You guys... Are great. But the basement, really? It couldn't have been the backyard."

"Well we started in the backyard, but then Kaylie moved us to the basement because she knew you were freaked out by the basement."

I slightly pushed Kaylie and she grabbed my arm. Peter coughed, "Lovebirds... Are you gonna let go of each other anytime soon?"

I looked at Ryan who was still holding on to my hand. I felt kind of bad for Tory who was standing there. He just kept frowning and Ryan finally let go. He placed his hands behind his back and started, "Got a little carried away. She was shaky, just wanted to make her feel better."

I pushed him for being cheesy and rolled my eyes.

"Well, great surprise guys. Really got me."

Tory laughed, "Maris. This isn't even half."

I looked at him, "Okay you said it would start the 9th... and that never happened."

Peter laughed, "Dude. Do you know how long we planned this? This took a lot of time, patience and hardships. Why do you think Margaret and your two step-sisters are away for this long?"

The lightbult hit my brain and I smiled. Oh wow... They got the three witches to go away for such a long time. I looked at Kaylie and she shrugged, "I switched back and forth between staying with Daniella and Peter the entire time."

I tried hitting her but Ryan grabbed my hand again. He pulled me back and we came hand in hand. Peter clapped his hands together, "So before we start our actual present for Marisa, let's eat some cake first."

I looked at Ryan who smiled very adorably.

Basically, I loved all of them right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
+ How was that chapter? Sorry I didn't write for two days... Too busy with homework.
+ Anyone wanna know the situation with the step-mother soon? Or more Ryan dialogues? Cause I'm getting messages that people want something to happen between Ryan and her... Lemme know! I can write it all :D
+ Comments! :)