My So Called Cinderella Life

Birthday Gone Bad

** Kayla's Point of View **

"Ugh, mom. Why did we have to come home like a week early? We were having so much fun." I asked mom as we were entering our house. I turned on the light and sat on the couch and groaned very loudly.

"It was not my choice. The plane ticket randomly wanted to move us up earlier. Don't blame me." Mom answered as she sat down turning on the television.

Kate shrugged, "At least we were in Florida for almost three weeks. That was an amazing feeling."

I looked around the house and it seemed too quiet. That freak must have been sleeping upstairs. I stood and up and shook myself. Kate asked, "Where are you going?"

"Waking up that freak. I need to get her to make me a hot chocolate."

Margaret laughed, "Why do you need to take up all your energy to go upstairs and get her?"

"Cause she makes a great hot chocolate." I laughed. Kate smiled, "Tell her to make me one when you get the chance."

I went upstairs and knocked on Marisa's door. She didn't answer. I knocked on it again very loudly, and still no answer. "Sissy! Open the door!"

I rolled my eyes and then turned the doorknob. Oh, the door was already open. Before I could complain, I didn't see her on the bed.

"Marisa?" I called out for.

No answer.

I went into the room and looked around. She wasn't in her bathroom.

It was already 2 in the morning... She should be home!

Or was she out?

If she was... Oh, she's soooooo dead.

I looked around her room and snickered. Looking at her pictures with her dad. She even had some with Peter, Ryan and Tory. All the guys that I wished to like... But none of them do. Peter's somehow with Kaylie... Tory has no intent of liking me... And Ryan... Probably still into that cinderella girl he met at the Halloween dance.

Speaking of that Cinderella girl... I wonder who she is. Someone I probably did not like, obviously. I never liked any girl who thought of taking my guy away from me.

I went to her closet and looked up at the ceiling of her closet. There was an open space so I went to see what it was.

** End of Point of View **

I woke up again in the car, noticing I was ten minutes away from my house. I groaned getting up and slightly jumped when I saw Ryan sleeping on my shoulders. I smiled and pulled his hair out of his face.

Too cute.

I decided to tell him about Cinderella.

Probably tonight.

I just had to get him alone... Where there's only the two of us. I looked foward and saw everyone sleeping. Well, except for Peter -- who probably switched with Tory for the driving. After a few minutes, Ryan woke up and saw me looking down at him. I raised my eyes at him and he smiled... "Sorry. My head must have fallen on your shoulder."

"Yeah. And you left a drool mark." I joked.

He pushed my head and we just teased each other. When Peter pulled up into the driveway... I saw the lights on in the house.

Hmm, Kaylie must have left it on when they drugged me >.<

All of them woke up and then started groaning. I tapped Kaylie when she already opened her eyes, "You left the lights on?"

"Hmm... No. I turned off all of them before leaving the house."

I started to get worried. It couldn't be.

The three witches said they would be home in five more days.

Maybe we were just forgetting that we turned on the lights. When Peter parked the car, Kaylie and I sat still as rocks. Ryan asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure... What time is it?"

He looked at his watch, "2:24 in the morning. Why?"

I sighed before getting out of the car and slowly walked up with Kaylie. I turned around to talk to Peter, "Can you keep my present from Uncle Paul... It's in the back."

He nodded and kept a straight face. I saw Kaylie mouth something to Peter but I wasn't so sure what it was.

I walked up to my house and placed the key in the lock. I closed my eyes before opening the door and the thing I feared the most was sitting right there. All Kate, Kayla and Margaret were sitting in the livng room couch.

Oh god. My life ends now.

Dead.

Dead.

Just dead.

Margaret stood up and exclaimed, "Where have you been?! You're not supposed to be out! You're supposed to stay in this house!"

I stayed quiet and Kaylie said, "Mar... No, mom."

She pointed at Kaylie and slapped her, "You vile piece of crap."

I grabbed Kaylie's wrist and looked at her. Margaret continued, "What happened to visiting your so-called cousin in Rhode Island? And your worthless college visits? You must have lied so that you could spend time with your sister, right?!"

We both stayed quiet and she held onto her face. Margaret grabbed me by the face with one hand, "Listen. I don't know what you know, but all I know is that if you get me in trouble... You're the one whose not gonna survive in this world. Where did you go?!"

"We took her out for her birthday." I heard Ryan's voice. We all turned around and Ryan, Tory, Peter and Daniella were standing in front of the doorway. Margaret let go of my chin and crossed her arms. Ryan came up next to me. Peter went to see Kaylie.

Kayla chuckled, "You guys must be so happy that you have someone to take care of you. It's sickening when I look at it."

We looked at her and she just snickered. Margaret sighed, "You don't need to go to school anymore."

"What?!" I exclaimed. I went up to her and started complaining, "You don't know how much I worked hard to get into this school... This is the only thing I refuse to do just because it satisfies you."

"You're not listening to me?"

Kate sighed, "Maybe you should go easy on that freak. Since it's her birthday at all."

Margaret slightly laughed, "I'll show you easy."

She gave me a hugeeeee slap and I fell down on the floor. Ryan came up to me and grabbed me by the arms, and started staring at Margaret. She pointed at Ryan, "You four aren't part of this! Get out! This is a family situation!"

Ryan stood up, "Family? You call what you're doing family? Hurting your step-daughter to satisfy yourself? Are you psycho?"

I tugged onto Ryan's pants and shook my head. He came back down and grabbed my arms. Kayla pulled Ryan off really hard and pushed him into Peter and Kaylie. She went to the back of the couch and grabbed a white thing and threw it at me. "I'm not done with you yet!"

I looked at the white thing and it was my Cinderella dress. Oh crap, my cinderella dress. Where did she find it? Oh god...

Kayla yelled, "You were at the dance?!!?!!"

I began breathing loudly and held onto the dress tightly. Knowing that it was my mom's. I looked at Ryan whose eyes were huge right now.

"You're Cinderella?!" Kayla exclaimed. Everyone stayed quiet and she started going insane. "Ahhh! Marisa! You freak! I hate you! Why'd you have to go to this school? You're ruining my lifeee! Ever since you came to this school, all you've done is make my life miserablee!!"

She came up pulled my hair to make me stand up and slapped me really hard.

Like I said, I was dead by the end of today.

She pushed me to a wall and began slapping me multiple times; While Kate and Margaret just stood there smiling.

They were just... psycho.

Ryan ran up and pulled her off. Kate went to pull Ryan off. "You, stay out of this."

Ryan stood there, while Kate held on to his arms. Kayla turned to Ryan, "You really wanna protect this freak? Did you even know she was Cinderella?"

He stayed quiet and she laughed, "Guessing not. Well, she is. The freak behind Cinderella... Is this freak! She's no one special. She's not an angel sent from anywhere. It's Marisa Anderson... The girl that you probably are not even interested in. Sorry to disappoint you."

Oh my god. What a... vile... selfish... bitchh! Why did she have to do this to me?

Ryan just looked at me. Kayla pushed me to the ground and got on top of me and began slapping me again. I tried holding her hands but she was wayyy too strong for me to fight back. Her adrenaline was psycho right now.

I saw Peter slowly walking away from Kaylie, and pushed Kayla off of me. I began crying. How did the best day end up being the worse day?

Ryan already knew... but in the worse way ever.

I hated this right now.

He must hate me for lying now.

Peter wrapped his arms around me and pointed at Kayla, "Are you insane?! Why are you hurting her this much? What has she ever done to you?! Except to your freaking homework... Act as your slave... Obey every one of your rules... And you still hurt like this? Do you want her to die or something?!"

Margaret smiled, "If she does.. That would be great. My life will be a hell of a lot easier."

Ryan glared at Margaret. "What kind of woman are you? I now know why Marisa's been locked up in this house all of these years. Because she has a guardian like you."

Ryan was out of Kate's grasp and came up to me. He sat down and wiped tears off from my face. I could feel blood oozing from my mouth, but I couldn't stop the tears coming down.

Margaret snickered, "You think we're done here? Think again."

She pulled me up and Kaylie started, "Mom! Stop!"

Kaylie stood up and started, "This isn't about Marisa being a bad daughter or anything. It's about what you're afraid is going to get out."

Margaret glared at her and grabbed me by the face again. "Worried about your sister so much aren't you?"

She gave me two huge slaps and laughed. All three of them has gone insane. I wanted to scream right now.

I don't know how much blood was on my face right now. All I know was that my face was probably freaking red right now.

Margaret continued, "Kate... Kayla. Show her what's her punishment for not listening to us. For going out when you're not supposed to. Spending time with Kaylie for too long... Show her."

Kayla went to grab my cinderella dress and smiled. My eyes started to widen and I asked, "What are you doing with my mom's dress?"

"Take a good look at it. Cause you're not wearing it again."

Margaret grabbed onto my shoulders as Kayla and Kate went to the fireplace. In a split second, Kayla threw the dress into the burning fireplace and my tears were uncontrollably falling from my eyes. Before it could burn, I tried getting out of Margaret's grasp and exclaimed, "No! You can't do that to my mom's dress, you just can't!"

"Well. We just did. Maybe it'll teach you a lesson for not obeying us."

Tory complained, "All three of you... Is your brain or heart made out of a rock or something? Why are you guys this cruel to her?"

"She wanted to be stubborn with us first... Can't help it."

I wanted to scream at all of them as I watched my dress burn. My mom's dress. The dress that mom always wanted me to wear.

Kayla went on, "Too bad for Cinderella. Her dress is alllllllll gone. Can never go back to be that girl again."

Daniella stood up, "I'm calling the police." Margaret pointed at her, "And say what? That her guardian beat her up? Sounds so believable. I am a professor, you know? I love kids."

We all glared at her and looked at her ... cruelness.

She grabbed my arms hard and smiled, "Say goodbye to your friends, Marisa." She began pulling me and I panicked, "Where are you taking me?"

Ryan ran up to me and grabbed Margaret's hand... "Let go of her."

I grabbed Ryan's hand with the hand I had left, "Go home guys."

"Marisa..."

"Go... Home. You guys being here isn't gonna make anything better."

I looked back at Peter, Daniella, Tory and Kaylie who had were looking at me with soft eyes. I wiped tears off my face and saw that it wiped the blood off with it. Well, after the one hundred slaps... I would've guessed.

I mouthed at Ryan, "I'm sorry."

He just looked at me... But he looked at me with a very worried look. I don't think he cared about Cinderella right now...

I think he cared about me.

Margaret dragged me into the garage and pushed me into there. "That'll teach you."

"The garage?"

"Your punishment. I guess this is your bedroom for tonight."

Before she shut the door, I yelled out her name, "Margaret... Please... Don't." Then she shut the door and locked it.

I slid down to the door and cried my eyes out...

Happy birthday to me...

Really?

** Kaylie's Point of View **

"Have you gone psycho?" I asked Margaret as she was coming back. She smiled, "Don't even think about helping her. I have the key and I locked the outside of the garage. Plus she can't sleep in the car, because I locked the car as well."

We all shook our heads and looked down with so much fury. She was so vile! She exclaimed, "Are you guys gonna go home yet?! I'm getting annoyed."

I looked at Peter and nodded my head, "Go home. Like Marisa said, it's not gonna make anything better."

He nodded and kissed my cheek. He stood up and glared at Margaret, Kayla and Kate and shook his head with disappointment. Ryan walked passed me and I grabbed his wrists, "Please don't be mad at her. She wanted to tell you but she was afraid you were going to be disappointed."

He shook his head, "I'm not exactly worried about that situation right now. I'm more worried for her."

I frowned and he patted my shoulders. He continued, "Take care of her please."

He looked at me. He was so worried about Marisa that I felt bad for him. The softness in his eyes, he looked like he was going to cry. I nodded at him and let go of his wrists. Peter and Ryan went passed the door. Daniella and Tory stood there in shock and fury as well. They waved at me and left the house. I shut the door and turned back to look at Margaret, Kate and Kayla.

"You realllyyy wanna help your sister, don't you?" Kate started. I snickered and looked at Kayla, "You spilling that Marisa is Cinderella to Ryan... Doesn't change their relationship."

Kayla's eyes widened and I chuckled, "Shocked? Ryan confessed that he liked Marisa a while ago. So all these guys, are wayyy out of your reach. But after today, I'm sure no guy will look at you. I'm sure Ryan, Tory and Peter aren't keeping this on the down-low. After all, you're only a junior."

She came up and reached her hand out to hit me but I grabbed her wrist and pushed her. "You haven't won this game yet. Don't you guys watch movies. The bad guys always lose at the end."

Margaret laughed, "You really think you can beat us? Don't forget you're still my daughter."

"I haven't considered you my mother ever since the day that you made my father die."

Margaret covered my mouth, "Shh! She can hear you."

I looked at the garage door and exclaimed, "And what?! What can she do about it?! If she does anything, all that's in store for her, is death. And I lost my father once because of you. I'm not losing another person I love because of you."

Before I walked up upstairs, I turned back and concluded, "Karma's coming to you guys. Don't think you can get away with it all of your life."

** End of Point of View **

** Ryan's Point of View **

Before I went to the car, I went to the front of garage where Marisa was locked up. I knocked on the garage and called for her, "Marisa!"

I kept knocking again. Tears were actually falling from my face. I was so worried about her and so mad at myself that I couldn't help her.

I began knocking harder and harder but no response. Peter grabbed me, "Dude... She's not gonna answer. Let's go... Let her feel better first."

"If she's suffering there, I'm not going anywhere."

Peter frowned and put his hands in his pockets. I continued knocking with tears falling off of my face.

I heard from inside, "Ryan... Just please go home."

I was relieved she was answering me. I answered, "Marisa... Are you okay?"

"Go home." I heard her cry. I wanted to see her so badly. Wipe all the tears and blood that was on her face. Peter sighed, "Dude. If you stay here, you're making it worse. We can come back tomorrow if it makes you feel better."

Nothing was going to make me feel better if I knew Marisa was living in this hell hole.

** End of Point of View **

After an hour of Ryan's banging, I started banging my head into one of the shelves. I kept checking my phone that was running out of battery, and it was already 4:30 in the morning. The blood on my face was probably dried up already and I probably looked like a zombie.

Great start to the morning after your birthday, right?

Ryan knew.

And what?

My dress gets burns. The only thing that I had from my mother... was her dresss. And it was completely gone.

I'm sorry Mom.

I sat curled up in front of a dusty shelf and just cried, cried and cried. What karma did I do to deserve this kind of life?

My life doesn't even allow to be happy for more than one day.

It has to get ruined by those three witches, all the time.

I continued banging my head into the shelf and after a few minutes, a box fell onto my head. I groaned, "This is is so... Terrible."

A white thing was sticking out of the box so I opened up the box. It was filled with stuff that I couldn't see. It was so dark... I couldn't turn on the light either because the switch was on the inside... And they locked every privelage that I had.

I then heard a knock from the garage door and heard Kaylie whisper, "Marisa... Are you there? You sleeping?"

I went to the door and sat in front of it, "No... I can barely sleep." And still cluthing on to the box.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want your night to end like this."

I slightly laughed, "I'm sure the three witches did, though."

I heard her sigh. "I'll stay with you for the night. I don't wanna leave you alone."

"Thanks, sis."

We stayed quiet for a few minutes and I continued, "Is Ryan mad?"

"Mad? I couldn't tell. Confused? Very. Worried? Even more very."

"He's worried about me?"

She laughed, "I'll give it to you that tears were falling off his eyes when you got locked up in there."

I slightly smiled. Then he couldn't have been that pissed.

"Really?"

"I'm sure if you talk it out with him, everything will go back perfectly."

I sighed, "If I can ever go back to school again."

"You have to. If you don't show up, the principle will start asking questions. I'm sure Margaret doesn't want to be in trouble."

I nodded in agreement. She continued, "I'm sorry about your mom's dress... I know it was the last thing you had that was hers."

"It's gone now."

"Marisa."

"Hmm?"

"We have to find Dad's notes as soon as possible. I need you to know."

I smiled. "I will do my best."

The quietness came again and I joked, "So you and Peter? When did that happen?"

"When we were planning your surprise for three weeks. He finally confessed that he liked me. Has for two years already."

"Wow. Never thought that kid would settle down."

She laughed, "He's very sweet. I'm glad I found him."

I sighed, then she continued, "How long have you known Ryan?"

"Since second grade."

"You guys are definitely soulmates. Being apart from each other for so many years then meeting again when you're a teenager. It's destiny."

"I don't know if he thinks that."

"I'm sure he's thinking way beyond that. He's crazy about you, sis."

I smiled as Kaylie finished, "Cinderella may have found her Prince Charming."

"And Cinderella may be in love with her Prince Charming."
♠ ♠ ♠
+ That's the least of their cruelness.
+ Comments ! <3
+ Sorry for the longness of this chapter (too many point of views)