My So Called Cinderella Life

More of The Truth

My head slightly bumped onto the door and I groaned. The sky was already a light blue so it had to be wicked early in the morning.

There was very little light and I whispered, "Kaylie... You still there?"

I heard her groan, "Umm. Yeah. Hi?"

"How are you sleeping there?" I laughed. She joked, "Probably the same way as you."

I realized I was still clutching on to the box and I gulped. I was so thirsty it wasn't even funny. There was no water in this freaking garage.

I reached out for my bag that was next to me and re-read every one of Dad's little notes in his diary. I only had five more to find. I had to get to the bottom of this. I had the clearest knowledge that Margaret was just pure evil. I also started to have a feeling that my mother was part of this... If she hated my mother that much.

"Marisa. Do you have any light in there?"

"The least light you can have. Sucks I can't play fruit ninja on my phone either."

She laughed, "You're in pain and you can still make a joke."

I chuckled. "I'm out of it right now."

"How's your face?"

"Probably red. I can feel that the blood is drying out."

She groaned, "I really hate them. Even though we have the same mothers, I feel like they're not my sisters."

"Well... Look at your mother."

She laughed and I looked down. The sky was getting lighter and lighter. "Kaylie. What time is it?"

"It's exactly 5:45 in the morning."

"I only for an hour and fifteen minutes of very uncomfortable sleep."

I looked at the box and still saw the white thing sticking out. I opened the box and the white paper sooped down into it. I picked it up and read, "To Marisa."

My smile grew wider, but it actually hurt due to the pain from the slaps. "Okay, very ow."

I whispered, "Kaylie. Are you alone?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I found two of Dad's notes in here."

"Really? Read em, read em."

I began reading the first one. "This is number fifteen. You're getting to the end. After Margaret and I had our incident, I didn't want to tell your mom about it because I don't think it would be a big issue if she didn't know. I also didn't want to hurt her feelings so I kept it a secret. A few months later, Kat got pregnant with you and I was so happy but she said that she had to quit school. Then Margaret came out saying she was pregnant with my child... and that child happened to be Kaylie."

Oh, wow.

I was shocked when it was coming from Dad.

"Did you hear all of them?"

"Perfectly... and clearly." Kaylie responded. I sighed, "You are my sister... Wow. My half-sister. From the same dad. This is amazing."

"It's hard to believe, right?"

I laughed. "Now I know where you get your personality from."

"What's the next one?" She asked. I pulled out the other one from the box and read, "Number sixteen. What happened during the two pregnancies: Margaret went psycho. Like I mean, mentally psycho. She threatened Kat to leave and never be in contact with me again after you were born. She also spilled that she was pregnant with me. Margaret said she would raise you herself and torture you as much as possible because she wanted Kat's daughter to feel the pain that she felt when Kat and I were together. Mental, right? I know. At first, Kat said no... she wasn't leaving but Margaret threatened her until she was scared. Even threatened to kill you when you were in your mom's stomach. After you were born, three days later, Kaylie was born. Kat was upset so she wanted to kill herself by jumping off a building but she backed out cause she was too afraid. I was the one to stop her myself but Margaret came up and they got into an argument. Kat tripped and slipped to the side, holding on to both of our hands. Margaret let go... I tried holding onto her... but Margaret made pulled my hand out of the way. I accidentally let go, having to watch her die from that building."

I cried... my eyes out. Margaret... killed my mother? She let go of my mother's hands... My mom died because of her. Not because of some random disease she got after I was born.

From murder.

From my step-mother.

Kaylie was dead quiet, but after a few minutes, she began, "Oh. My. God."

"Margaret killed my mother? Did you know?"

"I know about Dad... I didn't know about your mom."

My tears were falling from my face. This was terrible. Kaylie and I were living with a murderer. Kaylie panicked, "Should we report it to the police?"

"It's not enough evidence. We need more."

"What more to we need? I know how Dad died. That's all we need."

"I need to know the entire story first, before it goes anywhere. I need to know how it lead to Dad's death... This isn't enough. I need to know what's on the will."

She sighed. "I hate this. I hate how we have to be tortured like this."

"We'll get to bottom of this... very soon. I promise."

I just couldn't stop crying thinking about Mom. Mom had to die because of another woman, and the last thing I had of hers was her dress... Which is all burned up by now. I saw little crumpled pieces of paper in the box and tried making them straight. Behind Margaret's huge handwriting of the one word "BITCH!", was Dad's diary entries. They must have been part of the diary that was torn up. I hugged the notes tightly to my chest and tried to smile.

I missed both of them so much.

The boxes, I guessed, belong to Dad. There were pictures filled with them taking silly pictures. Then I thought back about Ryan; how we took pictures like this. I looked back up at the shelf and saw where the box fell down from. It was all the way on the top -- wow... Dad was really good at hiding these things.

Margaret couldn't even figure it out probably.

So now I know how mom died?

How did Dad?

A week and a half passed by and I was already at school. My face was still a little marked by the slaps, but it was really all better.

I walked into Uncle Paul's class a little late and he looked at me. He saw that my face was super red and he slightly frowned. I grinned and he nodded at me to take my seat.

When I sat down, Tory began, "Are you okay? You look terrible."

I smiled... "Better than last week."

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have taken you out. But we really did want to see you be happy for once."

"If anything, you guys are absolutely the best. I couldn't even thank you enough that day, before it got ruined."

He smiled and patted my head. "You're still amazing Rissa."

Uncle Paul and I met eyes. The only thing I could motion to him was a pout. I could tell he felt bad for me... even though he didn't know what was going on. After class, I was the last one to pack my stuff into my backpack. Before I left the room, he called, "Hey, kiddo."

I turned around and went up to him.

He sat on his desks and crossed his arms, "You okay? You look down..."

"Better than last week." I repeated what I said with Tory. He smiled, "What happened to your face? There are marks all over it."

I stayed quiet and he looked at me further, "Don't tell me Philly did this to you."

I grinned and he groaned. He continued, "She's still the mental psycho that we all know. Once insane, always insane."

"It wasn't only her... It was her stepdaughter also."

"Kaylie?"

I looked at him, "No. The other one. Kayla. But you know Kaylie?"

He nodded, "The only thing I know about her is that she's another one of Paul's daughter, who is also your half-sister."

I looked around the room to make sure no one was in. He continued asking, "So do you know the story on your mother yet? Or your father?"

"Apparently Margaret got pregnant with Dad... and at the same time, Mom got pregnant with me. And after I was born, Margaret and Mom got into a fight on top of a building, then Mom tripped then Margaret like let go."

His eyes widened, "Philly killed Kat? Why the heck didn't Paul tell me about this? I was at the funeral."

I smirked, "Must have had no chance to tell you. He couldn't even tell me."

"Have you found anything else?" He asked. I shook my head in a negative way, "All I have to find now is how Dad was killed. Kaylie won't tell me, she wants me to find out for myself."

He nodded, "Well... I have another asset of yours, so when you're ready... tell me. Okay? Fairy god father's always waiting."

"Ugh, you think I live like Cinderella too?"

He cracked up softly... "Ah, you know so little about yourself. I even know who your special prince charming is..."

I slightly chucked and he laughed, "I'm a nosy person when it comes to my nieces and nephews."

I pulled my bangs out of the way and he continued, "Well... I will help you the best I can. Here, you take my number."

I handed him my phone and he pushed his number in. "Okay, saved as Uncle Paul."

I smiled as he handed me back my phone and he joked, "I can still text... I'm not that old yet."

"Just as old as Dad, right?"

He smiled and shrugged, "Let me know if you get any further. When this thing ends you can be at freedom, and we'll all at safety."

I nodded as he patted my head. Right that moment, Kayla came in and gave us the most concerned look ever. Uncle Paul quickly pulled his hand away and raised his eyebrows at me. She sat down as I walked out.

During lunch, I was by myself until Daniella and Peter came along. I haven't seen Ryan ever since the day he found out. I was afraid to text him, or call him, or anything. Kaylie said he stopped by a few times, but Margaret did not let him in.

When we were eating, Peter looked at something behind me and started coughing, "Your boyfriend's coming this way."

About a few seconds later, I felt someone behind me. I closed my eyes and sighed before turning around. Ryan was standing right behind me as I looked up. He had his hands in his pocket, along with a frown on his face.

"Can we go outside to talk?" He started. I looked back at Daniella and Peter as they nodded at me. I nodded and then stood up. Ryan and I walked together to the back of the school, and he was leaning against the balcony.

This was the same place we were at during the dance on Halloween.

He sighed and I made breathed heavily. He started, "Are you okay?" He finally turned to face me, with his back leaning against the balcony. I smiled, "Better."

"Sorry... I didn't think..."

I interupted, "Please, don't be sorry. Everyone's saying that. But my birthday this year, was one of the bestest. I have to thank you guys if anything."

He smiled and continued to stay quiet. Then I continued, "About Cinderella... I'm sorry for not telling you."

He turned his back facing me again and replied, "I'll let you in on something..." He paused for a few seconds, turned to face me again, then continued, "When I met you on your first day here, I automatically felt a connection with you. You were pretty, intellegent, friendly, shy and to top all of that you were a skateboarder... and I wanna say that I had a little crush on you from the first day. But when the dance came, when I saw Cinderella... I was like wow... This girl is gorgeous. When we talked, I was more blown away by her looks rather than her. When she said she was Dr. Pauly's daughter, I was like fascinated and that we knew each other since second grade. I thought it was fate because we met each other again. But would you believe I was thinking about you the whole time I was with her?"

We met eyes and I slightly grinned. He continued to talk, "The night ended with her dropping her necklace. The only thing that her and I had left was just one memory of talking together. I thought I liked her because of how she talked and everything... but I thought again and I was probably blinded by the fact that I thought it was fate... or destiny..."

"What made you un-blind?" I joked. He chuckled, "Getting closer and closer to you."

We stayed quiet then he continued talking, "The closer I got to you... The more I started forgetting about her. I did want to know who she was though... because I had her necklace, and I feel bad if she didn't get it back. So that was the end of my feelings for her. Then I knew when I officially liked you... True love always beats having a soulmate."

He came up and held both of my hands. I started, "There's no difference between true love and soulmates though."

"Ah, there is. Soulmates is who you're meant to be with... but true love... is someone's happiness."

I was confused but he continued, "Having a soulmate doesn't always mean you're gonna be happy. But I guess our situation, has to be both."

"Both what?"

"That we're destined to be together and be happy."

I couldn't control my smiling so I tried looking away. Ryan still held onto my hands as he pulled my bangs out of the way. I asked, "You're not mad... at all? Mad that I lied to you?"

He rolled his eyes around, "You see... if it was Daniella or any of your stepsisters, or Tammy... maybe I would be mad..."

I started laughing but he continued, "But if it's you... I'm the farthest thing from being mad."

"I was gonna tell you a better way... more private... and no slapping involved..."

He slightly smiled and made his eyes grow... "Then again... If that night didn't happen, would we know that your step-mother is a wacko?"

I giggled and started joking, "So I made a good cinderella?"

He let go of one of my hands and placed it on his chest, "The best... Except you had the nastiest cold that night. What was up with your hasty voice? You should've taken medicine or something. " I pushed him very hard and we both laughed. He came back up to me, then learned very close to my face and asked, "Did I make a good prince charming?"

We met eyes and I pushed him off. "You made a very cheesy prince charming, I'll say."

He smiled embarssingly and held one of my hands. I repeated, "So you're not mad... upset... disappointed, at all?"

He rolled his eyes around and pouted his mouth like he was a little kid. He wanted to annoy me so bad right now, didn't he?

"I'd be mad... If... you... weren't my girlfriend by the end of today."

I looked up at him and couldn't stop smiling. Oh my god, Ryan Sheckler just asked me to be his girlfriend. Someone pinched me.

"Be... your... girlfriend?" I stuttered. He nodded quickly and pointed at me, "Seriously... If you're not by the end of this school day, a lot of madness will be happening."

I wandered my eyes around like him and he whined, "Marisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ Don't do that to me." I smirked as he continued whining, whining, whining... and shaking my hand around. He continued whining, "I seriously will be mad if you don't agree on being my girlfriend. Legit, mad now... Mad, mad, mad. Sad, disappointed."

I smiled as I watched him complain. Then I grabbed his hand and kissed him very shortly. Our first (and my) first kiss ever. After I pulled away from him, our hands were still holding on to each other and he had a very stunned look. I sighed, "Will you be quiet? My ears are bursting on me."

"Does that mean a yes to my question?"

I sighed and nodded my head slowly. I replied very slowly, "Yessssss........." He let go of my hands and shot his arms up, "Yay! Marisa Anderson's my girlfiend!!" He screamed very loudly. People outside on the bottom all looked up. I widened my eyes and covered his mouth, "Okay... That's not embarassing."

He grabbed both of my hands again and kissed me on the cheek. "Sorry... I got excited."

I smirked and he pinched my cheeks. I asked loudly, "Are we done here yet? I'm starving. There's only twenty minutes of lunch left!"

He nodded quickly and saluted at me, "Aye yay captain... Oops, I mean..." He came close my face and smiled, "I meant to say girlfriend."

I pulled my bangs out of the way and hit his arm, "You're too corny for me." We began walking hand in hand, and he opened the door for. "Lead the way, Anderson."

I walked passed him and he came up to grab my hand. He started, "So we're gonna have to talk about that bunny outfit? Where on earth did you get that?"

I squeezed his nose and he exclaimed, "Okayy oww! Sorry."

We went back to being hand in hand and talking about old times. I don't know about anyone else, but I was happiest as ever right now.

:)
♠ ♠ ♠
+ Please comment and suscribe :D Thank you <3
+ More drama coming... Hasn't ended yet :P