My So Called Cinderella Life

Jealousy

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked Mr. MacMillan, our principal. He nodded, "Just please, we're gonna have to talk in the office."

I became panicked. But I had no idea what I did wrong.

I looked back at Peter, Daniella, Kaylie, Tory and Ryan and gulped. Ryan stood up and asked him, "Can I go with her?"

"If you wish."

We nodded at each other and then went into the office.

We sat down across from the principal and he started, "Someone claims to have seen you and Mr. Alfred being closer more than what a student teacher should look like."

Uncle Paul?

What was this about?

"What do you mean?"

Then Uncle Paul came through the door and asked, "Mr. MacMillan? Is there something going on?"

He looked at me and Mr. MacMillan motioned Uncle Paul to have a seat.

I looked at Uncle Paul with a confused face. Mr. MacMillan continued, "There is a claim for you two, that you two are closer than what a normal student and teacher should look like. The person states that you've been seeing each other before class and meeting after class. Even exchanged numbers and spotted you at the mall."

"The mall was just a coincidence." I said softly.

He sighed with a frown, "Listen. I'm not saying this straightly. There are pictures that came with it."

"Pictures?" All three of us said.

He got out the pictures and there were loads of them.

It was Uncle Paul and I.

Uncle and Paul and I the first time I saw him at the mall... Most of them him patting my head. And just he and I talking outside of school.

Crap?

Who took these?

Uncle Paul started, "These can be throughly explained."

"Well... I'd like to hear an explanation."

I looked at Ryan and Uncle Paul continued, "She's my niece."

"Real niece?"

"No. My best friend's daughter... But she calls me Uncle Paul. I can assure you there's no relationship going on except for an uncle-niece relationship."

I shook my head, "There's none whatsoever. I can promise you that."

Mr. MacMillan sighed, "There's situations on the grading too."

"No. Uncle Paul being my uncle doesn't change his style of teaching. He even gave me a D on one paper... You can check."

Mr. MacMillan stayed very quiet and groaned. I started, "These pictures are from someone who wants to intentionally hurt me."

Ryan and Uncle Paul looked at me.

"We have a better explanation." I told Mr. MacMillan. I then took out Dad's diaries to reveal his little notes.

This was it.

I was finally standing up for myself.

** Kayla's Point of View **

I stood near the office for what felt like an eternity. What was taking them so long?

How long does it take to fire somebody? And to kick someone out of school?

You just say, "You're fired." and "You're not attending this school anymore."

Ugh, why was this taking so long? This was torture.

** End of Point of View **

Mr. MacMillan looked at us with a very shocked face and sighed, "Wow. That's the entire story?"

I spent about twenty minutes telling Mr. MacMillan the entire story of why I had to become close to Uncle Paul.

"Seeing this, would you believe that Uncle Paul and I... The only relationship we have with each other is a family relationship. And the grades aren't going to affect anything. I swear."

Mr. MacMillan stayed very quiet, then Uncle Paul began, "Wait... So the last note is with me?

I nodded and sighed, "Plus the last video that's in Margaret's room... But I have to talk to my friends about that and how we're going to get it."

Mr. MacMillan placed his fist on the table, "If Ms. Kayla Anderson has something to do with this, I'm sure there will be a probation for her."

Well, that got me interested.

"Probation?"

"If she knows something about your parents' murder, she can easily be kicked out of the school for not reporting anything and going along with it."

I looked at both Ryan and Uncle Paul and Mr. MacMillan. Uncle Paul and I nodded at each other.

Mr. MacMillan concluded, "Well. Report me when you get the entire story, so I can let you know about the probation with Ms. Anderson. I'm sorry for misunderstanding and taking up too much of your time."

I smiled and shook my head, "I understand. But I hope you know that our relationship is not affecting any way of him being my teacher. Uncle Paul is an amazing teacher."

"I believe it."

Uncle Paul tapped my shoulders and all three of us went out of the room.

When we were outside, Uncle Paul started, "That took a lot of guts. You're starting to stand up for yourself."

I looked around and whispered, "Now that I know everything... I'm starting to want Margaret in jail. And know the entire will... Which is at your house."

He nodded, "I'll get it for you... but the police?"

"I need to get the video first... Then everything is done for. I will be done putting up with this horrid people."

I saw Ryan looking at something... Or someone, so I turned around. Kayla was at her locker getting books out and he quickly walked up to her.

I watched him as he went up to her and he straightened his arms right in front of her. She turned around and there they were... Her flirty eyes came on. I was getting heated up when I saw Ryan flirting back.

Okay...

What the hell was he doing?

His left arm was right on her side and they were very close up with each other.

Then I remembered what Tory and Peter said at lunch... "Dude. If you ask her out on a date... She'll take the entire world with her."

Well, he should've warned me at least.

Not just go right away.

"What is Mr. Sheckler doing?" Uncle Paul asked. I replied with a very mad tone, "No idea. But whatever it is, he is so dead."

When I got back home from school, Kayla walked in only five minutes after me. After placing her bag on the couch, she snickered at me, "You and Ryan have problems?"

"What?"

She shrugged, "Well... He said he was getting a little bored of you. Said that you guys barely do anything. You barely let him kiss you?"

"He told you that...?"

She nodded, "Why do you think he asked me to go out on a date with him?"

Okay, Ryan. You could've told me that before... I could've prepared myself a little.

I stayed quiet and Kayla continued, "Shocked? I would be. But I have to thank you for being a bad girlfriend. You let your boyfriend slip onto being interested to me. We're going on a date this Saturday. Help me pick out what I'll be wearing too. If he used to like you, he must've liked your hideous fashion style."

I never understood what I wore hideous.

I wore skinny jeans.

I wore a t-shirt.

I wore boots, sneakers...

Just in Kayla's point of view... Everything about me was hideous.

Well Kayla... I'm about to seriously ruin you.

In class the next day, I saw Ryan sitting near the window so I sat way on the other side. I didn't know what face he was making but in a few seconds, he walked over to the other side.

"What's up?" He started. I shrugged and he chuckled, "Are you mad?"

"Well... After you asked Kayla out, you didn't even bother to text me, call me or even mention anything about asking her out." I turned around and continued, "And you told her that we barely do anything... Am I really that boring?"

He groaned, "Marisaaa. It's called role-playing. Besides, I didn't think your step sister was that dumb enough to fall for it. She knows that we've been dating for like... a month now. And she really believes me when I say I'm getting bored."

I squinted my mouth and him and wandered my eyes around. He chuckled, "I'm enjoying this. I've never seen you so jealous. You're worse than me."

"And who said I was jealous? I'm just upset that you do stuff without letting me be prepared first."

"Yeah, that's called being jealous."

I stayed quiet and sighed. He continued, "You can admit it. A relationship's gotta have a little jealousy sometime. Otherwise, it'd be boring, right?"

"Yeah... But didn't you say I was boring?" I asked.

"I said that so Kayla could go out on a date with me. So you could find your video, remember? Besides... Not like I'm looking foward to it." He nudged his head foward and whispered, "I love our relationship. You being polite and shy is the cutest thing I've ever seen in a girl."

I turned around and our noses bumped into each other. Ryan quickly kissed me and sat back down in his chair. I pinched his arm and the kid sitting next to us smiled, "Aw. You guys are cute."

I looked at Ryan and tried not to smile. He held out his pinky to me, "I promiseeeeeee... That I'm not lying. I'm really just doing this for you. So you should absolutely love me right now."

He gave me a puppy mouth and I cracked up laughing. I groaned and hooked my pinky with his. He shook my hand around and bobbed his head a little. "So you do?"

"Do what?"

"Love me?" He asked with such a smiling first. I smirked, "You're ridiculous."

"Ridiculously in loveeee." He joked.

"Ridiculously cheesy... Now shhh, Mr. Alan's coming in already. Quiet."

He smiled and nudged his head to kiss me on the cheek again.

Now when he said ridiculously in love, I literally got butterflies. He was the most amazing guy I have ever met in my life. Dating him even got my closer to him and made me understand what a loving person he is.

If I'd have to lose him anyday, I'd probably die.

It was already Saturday afternoon and the time was one o'clock; Ryan and Kayla's "date" was going to start at four o'clock.

On Friday, Kate took my car back to college during the weekend and Margaret's car And got "busted", so I had to take it to the "shop"... My defintion of shop was Peter's house. And the definition of "busted", meant... That we made the tires flat ourselves.

I don't why I did it... but the guys told me to do it if I had to follow the plan.

Kayla was getting dressed in my room and I was just on the bed, watching her. After fifty outfits, she decided on wearing a mini jean skirt, black leggings, a dark green blouse and a black sweater to cover it. She also was wearing my boots and her fashion happened to be like me right now.

"Ew. This is seriously what you wear?"

I nodded and she shrugged, "Well... If it's what Ryan likes... I'll go with it."

Just then her phone began ringing and she picked it up. "Ahh Shelby!... Yeah, you heard right, on a date with Ryan Sheckler... He said movies at the mall and probably dinner but I think you should accidentally bump into us there... Yeah, totally... Okay, see you there then. Bye." She hung up the phone and laughed, then admired herself in the mirror.

I sighed, "Is Ryan picking you up?"

"Yepp. Do you think he could give Mom a ride to the mall to? Mom needs to do some photocopying there."

I nodded, "He's a nice guy... He'll do it."

She smirked and I continued, "Photocopying... as in photocopying my pictures with Mr. Alfred?"

She frowned and jumped a little. Then she gave out a little chuckle, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't think I don't know who took pictures of me talking to Mr. Alfred at the mall. I'm aware of a lot of things."

"Well, it wasn't me. But I do think that you and Mr. Alfred are totally a thing. I mean... You guys are wayyyyy closer than just a teacher and a student."

I stood up and sighed, "Mr. Alfred... Is married and is in love with his wife. And as for me, I just happen to be hanging out with a friend and we bump into each other. I'm not like someone around here, who has a mental thought about everything."

"Are you really cursing me right now?"

"Did I say a curse?" I asked disturbingly. She glared at me and groaned, "You know what, I'm not gonna let you ruin my day. Because I'm on a date with one of your crushes. That just makes it amazing. You know, you could always stick along. I was going to ask you but I'd figured you'd say no because the fact that he's on a date with a different girl probably suffocates you, right?"

"Whatever you say."

She concluded on fixing her hair and exclaimed, "Done!"

Then the doorbell rang and she went to my window and shrieked, "Ahhhh! Ryan's here!"

Okay, more hair fixing. Then she grabbed her purse and ran down.

I slowly walked down after her in time to see her opening the door. She waved at him and motioned him to come in, and he did. I was at the bottom of the stairs when we saw each other and he waved at me.

I slightly smiled and he asked Kayla, "You ready?"

"Yeah. But I was just wondering if you could give my mom a ride too. Her car's at the shop and she has some business to do at some stores at the mall. She won't stick with us." Kayla said as she grabbed his wrist.

Okay, not annoying at all.

Grabbing my boyfriend's wrist in front of me.

Ryan smile and nodded, "Sure. But it's not gonna ruin our date, will it?"

Hmph >.<

She laughed, "Of course not."

Margaret came out from the bathroom and smiled, "Why hello there."

Ryan saw her... and frowned a little. She started, "I think we got off on the wrong start when you met me that day. I was just so worried about Marisa that my adrenaline was rising up. I'm sorry. Let's start over... I'm Kayla's mom, Margaret."

Okay, that was such a lie.

Worried about Marisa?

Adrenaline rushing?

Can she just admit that she's a mental psychopath who needs to be put in jail.

He nodded and reached out for her hand, "Hi."

The three of them looked at each other awkwardly and Kayla exclaimed, "Alright, let's go! Thanks again Ryan for letting my mom tag along... I promise she won't bother us too much."

Like... He... Cares.

He just nodded and led the way out. Kayla and Margaret walked out first, then Ryan was the last. He quickly turned to me, cued a thumbs up and then winked at me. I smiled and cued my "I love you" fingers and he quickly did the same.

I sighed and then called out, "Kaylie! They're gone!"

Kaylie came out from the shoe closet and breathed in relief, "Whoo... It was hard being in there for like three hours. They're gone?"

I laughed, "Where'd you say you were going?"

"Oh. I said that there was an accepted students' thing at University of San Fran, so I went through the front door, waited til' both of them went upstairs then came back and hid in the closet."

"Niceeeeee. So we need to get to work. Did you call Peter?"

She nodded, "Of course. He's gonna get Daniella and Tory. Did you get in contact with Uncle Paul?"

"Yepp. Texted him already."

She grabbed my hand and then smiled, "So you're jealous of Ryan and Kayla?"

"What? No. No jealousy."

She snickered, "You can admit it. It's normal to be jealous. I get jealous of Peter when he's talking to a different girl. Yesterday, Ryan was bragging all of last period that "Marisa's jealous", "My girlfriend's jealous", "my girlfriend is so cute when she's jealous", "I'm gonna make my girlfriend jealous even more"."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Well... If he does... He's getting ruined."

Then we went hand in hand upstairs towards Margaret's room.

To Dad:

I promise that we're gonna finish this and ruin this Phillips family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!
Thanks for reading <3
Make sure to tell me what you think :)