My So Called Cinderella Life

Meeting Ryan

"Why... What did she say?"

I handed Peter the sheet of paper and he just broke out laughing. "Your step sister is legit like five years old."

"Don't do good in school." Peter imitated.

I sighed and shook my head. "It's a good thing I'm used to it."

"Are you actually gonna go by it?"

"Do I ever go by anything?"

Peter patted my head, "Thatta girl..."

"Oh, totally forgot. Here's your schedule... I went to go print it out for you and here's a campus map. It's really easy once you get used to it. We're in like two classes together and you're in four classes with Daniella, so I think you'll be safe. Except first period, you're on your own. But no worries, I'll walk you to your class."

I smiled. Oh, what would I do without him.

"Thanks Petes." I said as he handed over the paper. Someone called him over and he told me he would be right back. He ran over to a pretty looking girl and they just began talking, and he went inside with her.

I read Kayla's rules over and over again and just laughed. If it wasn't for my explanation, you probably would have thought I was living in a prison.

I actually can't wait to see Daniella now... I haven't seen her for over two weeks.

Out of nowhere, something hard hit my head and I fell down the cement railing. The thing that hit me was a football that was rolling quickly down the stairs.

I slowly got up and sat down on the stairs. "Okay, ow."

I heard a guy call out, "Dude! I told you not to throw it that far!"

"Sorry man!"

I put my hands on my head and someone put their hands on my shoulders. "Hey, are you okay?"

I looked up and thought I had died and gone to heaven. Standing in front of me was the most gorgeous and most handsome guy I had ever seen in my entire life. He just stood there smiling while his hands were still on my shoulder.

He pushed his head towards me to get an answer and I smiled, "Uh... yeah. I'm okay."

"Here, I'll help you get up."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up slowly. As I stood up, I lost balance and he grabbed my waist before I could fall. "Whoa, be careful." He walked me to the cement railing again, and I sat down still covering my head.

"How are you doing? Shnotzy kind of hit you hard with that football. Told him not to throw it that far. He might actually hit girls with it. And he did."

My vision was still a bit blurry and I asked, "Who?"

The guy chuckled, "Did he hit you that hard that you don't remember what happened?"

I was still mesmorized by this guy. He was like probably the cutest looking guy I've ever seen, and he did look awfully familiar. Where had I seen him before?

I started feeling better and the guy still had his arms both sides of me. How cute.

"Okay. I'm good. Who hit me with a football?"

He laughed. "That big dude over there. With the football jersey." He pointed towards that guy and he was actually humongo!

I smiled. "Weird name."

"Shnotzy? That's what everyone calls him here. Except, I don't know your name. Never seen you around campus before." He said as he began taking his arms out of my way.

"Oh, I'm new here."

"Freshman or transfer?"

"Umm, none really. I'm a senior."

"Whoa. You're a senior and you just transferred into this school? Dang, you must have the brains of like Einstein or something."

I slightly laughed. He held out his hand, "I'm Ryan, by the way. Ryan Sheckler, you either know me or you don't."

I looked at him funny and he laughed. "Well, I'll put it that I get money for every skateboard competition I go to."

"Famous skateboarder?" I asked. He shrugged, "Beyond those lines."

Maybe that's why he looked familiar. Maybe I always saw him on television that Kayla drooled over. But I felt like I saw him before that.

"So are you gonna give me your name are we just gonna hold hands like this the whole time?"

I looked down and we were still holding hands from shaking them. I pulled my hand out immediately and smiled, "Marisa... Marisa Anderson."

He gave me his hand again and I smiled, and shook it. "Ryan Sheckler... I think I know you from my stepsister."

"Whose your stepsister?"

"Kayla Anderson?"

His eyes grew big and he laughed. "Are you serious? Kayla Anderson... Do you guys live under the same roof?"

"Unfortunately yes."

"Dang. I feel bad for you. Girl's been trying to ask me out since sophomore year."

I laughed, "I'm actually breaking one of her rules."

"What rules?"

"She set rules for me. One of them was not to be in contact with men that she was into."

He laughed silently and I just smiled. Ah, he was super cute.

"So, what school did you trasfer from?"

"Uhm, not really a school. I was home-schooled since like 6th grade, and I wanted to get a diploma and La Jolla Country Day School accepted me."

"Wow. You must've got like perfect scores on your SATs."

I smiled. Actually, I almost did. But didn't wanna say anything.

"Well, people here. There are two kinds. There are kinds like your step sister and there are kinds like me. And you're lucky to have met me first out of all of them."

I got down off the railing and picked up my skateboard. "You skateboard too?"

"Uhm yeah. It's like a hobby. My dad skateboarded so I wanted to practice after him."

"I don't think I've ever met a girl who skateboards. This is like an honor. We need more girls to skateboard around here." He said jokingly.

I saw Peter running back and patting Ryan in the back. "Sup Sheckler?"

"Hey priest." Ryan smiled. They did a normal guy handshake and Peter looked at me. "You guys already met?"

Ryan looked at me. "You know Peter?"

I nodded my head indicating yes, and Peter continued, "This girl is one of my best friends. I've known her since kindergarten."

"Wow. So you already know two great people here."

I laughed. I was still so mesmorized by Ryan. No wonder Kayla drooled over the television when he came out.

"Riss. I think we should go." Peter then looked at Ryan, "I gotta give her a tour around campus. And she's on her own for first period. So you could help her out if you see her around campus sometimes."

"I'm all for helping cute new girls." Ryan said looking at me. I immediately had a big smile on my face after he said that.

Ryan continued, "Priest. Did you invite Marisa to the new skating park that opened downtown?"

"Yeah, already done. She's going."

Ryan looked at me and smiled, "Sweet. So I'll see you guys after school. Bye dude." He turned back to look at me and smiled, "Bye Marisa."

Then ran off. Oh god, that was super cute.

Peter and I then walked through the entrance doors and he turned around to look at me funny.

"Why the hell is your forehead swollen?"