My So Called Cinderella Life

Meeting Tory

I smiled. "A big dude named Shnotzy hit me with a football."

"What?! Are you okay? Dude, lemme see." Peter exclaimed as putting his hands on my forehead.

"Dude, I'm fine. I felt woozy at first, but it's okay now."

"You sure. I don't wanna have to send you the hospital on your first day of school."

"It's fine!" I exclaimed.

Can this explain why he is my best friend?

We arrived to the class that was during my first period, which was AP Statistics, I sighed at the door.

Peter put his hands on my shoulder, "You'll be fine. Breathe... Breathe... Breathe... and you'll survive."

I closed my hands and pulled his hands off my shoulders. He gave me a hi-five like we normally do and I went into class.

The teacher at the desk stood up, "Oh... New face."

I handed him a card and he smiled. "Marisa Anderson. You look awfully familiar." My teacher was really good looking, around his 30's... probably the same age my dad would have been... and he looked at me, trying to make me out. "I can't think of where I've seen you before. But I know I've seen you. I'm Mr. Alfred by the way." He said shaking my head.

Mr. Alfred. Now, that sounded familiar to me. I just looked at him and smiled. I kept thinking about Ryan. How he was amazingly good looking and how familar he looked to me. Where had I seen this kid before? But Mr. Alfred seemed familiar to me as well. Ugh, why was this so complicated?

I smiled as he handed the card back over to me. I'm used to getting this greeting, "You look familiar... Where have I seen you before" and everything else.

It's cause I have half a resemblance of Dad and people remembered his face, but never knew my face.

"Are there assigned seats?" I asked Mr. Alfred. He laughed, "No. I don't assign seats. This class is just juniors and seniors. So feel free to sit anywhere."

I saw down on a chair next to the window the third seat from the front. People started filling in and I just looked down to play with my Iphone.

Then I heard someone in front of me say, "Hey. You're kinda in my seat."

I looked up and this tall, brown-haired dude was looking down at me. I started, "Oh, I thought there wasn't any assigned seatings."

He smiled, "Well everyone sits in the same place that they usually sit since the first day of school. But it's okay, go ahead." Then he sat behind me.

Okay, that was awkward.

He tapped me, "Are you new?"

I turned around, "Umm yeah. My first day here."

"That's cool. Junior, I'm expecting?"

"Actually... senior." I hesistated.

"Senior! You transferred as a senior? Wow, I've never seen that. And I didn't know this school accepted transfer seniors... I have to guess you have brains."

I smiled. "I try."

He smiled at me for a long time. He looked at me like had seen something funny. His blue eyes just looked at me, and he kept that smile for a while.

"Are you okay? Do I look funny?"

His eyes started rolling around and he chuckled, "Nah. You're just... Ugh, nevermind."

I grinned and he held out his hand, "I'm Tory... My actual name is Victor, but I preferred to be call Tory."

I took his hand, "Marisa... If you can make any other nicknames, feel free."

"Cute name..." I heard him say quietly.

"What'd you say?" I asked. He answered, "Nothing. Nice to meet you, Marisa."

I smiled and turned around.

Mr. Alfred started the class. "Guys, we have a new student. She's a transfer and also a senior. Very smart girl... so careful."

Everyone said hi to me and waved to me and I slightly sunk back down in my seat. Tory put his hands on my shoulders, "Don't worry. You'll make friends in no time."

"Hope so." Whispering back.

I got a vibe that Tory was legit looking at the back of my head. And when I turned around again, he actually was. All he did was smile and waved.

I smiled back.

I could get used to this.