My So Called Cinderella Life

Same Class

After Mr. Alfred's class, I packed my stuff and stood up. Tory began, "So what classes are you taking?"

"Umm, quite a lot." I smiled. He laughed, "Can I see your schedule?"

I handed him my schedule and he began reading it. "Aww, we only have first and last period together." He handed me back the schedule, saying "And you're taking like most AP classes. You're crazy."

I shrugged, "I wanted to challenge myself."

"So since you're holding a skateboard, I wanna guess that you skateboard?"

"No. I'm just holding one to look like a tomboy." I joked. Tory laughed and continued, "Wow. You are the third girl I know who skateboards. And you're the only one I know that lives in the San Diego city."

"Is that a good thing?"

"It's like an amazing thing. I'm a skateboarder too. You know Ryan Sheckler?"

I looked up when I heard that name. I noddded my head quickly and he continued, "Yeah. That dude's my best friend. I skate with him but I'm not the famous one like him. I'm a regular skateboarder."

"Well I guess we're on the same plate here."

"So why do you like skateboarding? I figured girls would like shopping and stuff."

I replied, "Meh. Skateboarding is like an extra hobby for me. I started doing it because my dad absolutely loved it. Like it was his life. I mean, I like shopping and stuff... but skateboarding is more me."

"What's your favorite hobby besides skateboarding?"

"Umm, photography. I love, love, love taking pictures. If you can bring me somewhere out of San Diego, I will love you to death."

He stopped and looked at me. "To death?" I looked at him funny and he just smiled. then we continued walking, "What do you take pictures of?"

"Basically everything. Pictures of myself, my house, my skateboard, the sky, the grass... everything."

"So if I am able to take you out of San Diego, where would you wanna go so you can love me to death?"

I laughed. "My number one place that I must go before I can't walk anymore, is definitley Grand Canyon. Trust me, there's a lot more places I wanna go to but Grand Canyon is a must in my life."

Tory just smiled and looked at me. "You've got a creative mind."

"Yeah. But there's no way I can do that. With my horrid step-family, I can't do anything. I think the farthest place I have been is probably the game room that is down town."

"You've never been out of San Diego, at all?"

I shook my head and he exclaimed, "Dude! I would probably die! My family travels so much that I can't count how many times we've been out of the country. I've been to India, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, England, Greece, Italy... and seriously, so many places. I can't imagine not ever leaving San Diego."

"Believe it. I am a humongo city girl."

"Does your step family not have the money or ...?" Tory asked. I sighed, "My step-mother and my step-sisters are usually the one to go on the trips. I've never gone on them. They usually make me stay home."

"Wow. Step-mother and step-sisters that go on trips and don't take you with them. Dude, sounds so much like that Cinderella story. Don't tell me you have two step-sisters."

I laughed, "Hah. I have three. But only one of them is practically like my best friend. Just my step-mother and my two step-sisters are the ones who don't really care for me. So no, not the protagonist of Cinderella."

"Eh, you kind of could be."

"Yeah, but Cinderella lived such a better life than me. She actually got a prince and got to leave the house... me, not finding a prince and probably not leaving the house."

Tory laughed. "You must have it hard. I feel you. I lived with my aunt in China for a year for a foreign exchange program and that was a disaster."

Okay, totally different feeling but at least he was trying.

"So does your step sisters go here?"

"Yeah. Two of them do. The nice one and the horrid one."

"Names? I might know them."

"Uhm, one... is Kayla Anderson, she's a junior and the other one is Kaylie Anderson, who is like us... senior."

He laughed, "Dude. I know Kayla from Sheckler. She's been trying to ask him out since like freshman year. It is hilarious. She tries too hard. But Kaylie, I think I've heard from... Priest."

"Priest?" I asked, cause that was what Ryan called him. Tory replied, "Yeah. Priest, Peter Priesley. We call him Priest because he's like against doing everything. But he's cool."

"I know him. He's been one of my best friends since pre-school. We go waaaaaayy back."

I heard Tory mumble, "And... Didn't... Tell... Me..."

"Hmm?" I asked looking at him. Tory grinned, "Nada. Just thinking to myself."

I continued, "You said you heard one of my step-sisters from Peter?"

"Oh... yeah... Kaylie. Umm, I heard him from Priest. Priest said she was pretty cute."

Whoa, Peter thought Kaylie was cute. Why didn't he tell me that? :(

I slightly smiled. "Really? Did he say anything else?"

"That's all. But I see her looking at her when she enters the cafeteria. So we always tease him about being a stalker and just staring at her."

Ah, Peter had a thing... for my step-sister! Is he that afraid to tell me?

The first bell rang which meant it was time to get to the next class. Tory looked up and sighed, "Well. Marisa. I'll see you last period, I guess?"

"Sure. Thanks for being nice to me."

"Anytime. I'll see you later!" Tory said as he waved bye to me. I passed by my locker perfectly and put my skateboard in there. It was starting to get heavy and I didn't want the girls to get freaked out by me. Maybe, stereotyping should be important at the moment.

Eek.

"Skater girl!" I heard someone say from behind. I turned around and it was Ryan. I freezed for a good five seconds. Was he really calling for me?

I turned around to see if anyone was behind me. And he laughed, "No. You're the only skater girl here. I was calling for you."

I scratched my head and smiled. Wow, that was idiotic. "What's up?" I asked.

"What class do you have next? I just saw you by your locker, so figured I'd stop by and say hi."

"Umm, physics." I answered.

"Teacher?"

"It says... Alans, David."

"You have Mr. Alan too! We're in the same class. Sweet."

Oh my god... I had a class with him. This like, completed my day. I just smiled and didn't say anything. I probably looked like an idiot but didn't care, because I was just so happy.

"Marisaaa, you okay?"

I shook my head and chuckled, "I'm good. So you're in physics with me?"

He nodded his head quickly and I laughed. He continued, "Well, the first bell rang so we're gonna be late. Come on." And he grabbed my wrist.

Okay. I could definitley get used to this.