My So Called Cinderella Life

Luncheon

**Tory's Point of View**

Okay, I need to recap of my best day ever. I think God must have granted me a wish or something.

I went into class and saw a girl sitting in the seat that I usually sit in. She dressed pretty cute, but I hadn't seen her face yet.

When I went up to to say she was sitting in my seat, when she looked up, my face was probably idiotic because I couldn't say anything. She had the cutest oval shaped face with big, black eyes and kind of messy, wavy dark brown hair. Her mouth was small and she made a cute pouty face with it when she said sorry.

Her name was Marisa. And that was the cutest name for me at the moment.

We talked and she was so sweet and friendly. She wasn't a complete girly girl but she wasn't a tomboy as well. She was holding a skateboard and oh, she was just amazing. I don't even know how to begin to explain.

My feelings, I can't even begin to describe. All I know is that an angel has been sent to me.

** End of POV**

So Peter said he had the same lunch as me. I already bought my lunch in the cafeteria and sat by myself at a table near the wall.

Please be here soon. I look like a total loser right now.

A few minutes passed by, and I felt someone hugging me from behind. I quickly turned around and smiled, "Daniella!!" We hugged again and she exclaimed, "Rissa. Babe, where have you been? We have lost in contact for like the past two weeks."

"Ugh, I know. I've been busy at the house."

"Busy doing what?"

"Oh, you forgot that I was full-time servants for Margaret, Kayla and Kate?"

She laughed. "Oh, it can't be that bad." I looked at her and she chuckled, "I'm kidding. I know you have it bad..."

I shook my head. She continued, "Well. At least Kate's out of the house and at college. Isn't SDSU like 30 minutes away from the house?"

"30 minutes is even too short..." I sighed. Daniella pushed me, "I'm so glad you're going here now. You need to relive the social world. Girl, you've been out of school for six years and locked up at that house."

"I know... It feels weird. I remember going to school when I was like eight... now I'm seventeen. It's odd."

"Actually, some kids in this school went to elementary school with us. Do you remember any of them?"

I answered, "I'm seeing so many familiar faces but I can't make them out. Like I met this one kid this morning, his name was Ry..."

Then I got interrupted, by Ryan... "Yo, Daniella."

"Oh, hey Ry... What's up?"

Then Ryan sat down. Ryan saw me and smiled, "Hey... Skater girl. Don't tell me you know Daniella too?"

Daniella looked back and forth between us. "You've guys met I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, since morning. Marisa, you know Daniella and Peter and already met me. I think you're all set for having good friends in the school."

I laughed. "Makes me feel better I guess."

"Where is Peter anyway?" I continued. Daniella laughed, "Most likely flirting with some girls in the hallway."

Ryan pushed Daniella on the shoulder. "Hey, he's gotten better. He actually has a girl in mind now."

Daniella and I looked at Ryan and said in unison, "Say what now?"

He looked at us with big eyes and smiled. "He's into one girl... but he doesn't say anything. We just see him looking at her when she comes into the cafeteria. And then he stares, but doesn't say anything. So we figure he's actually into her."

I smiled. Must have been Kaylie. The same exact story that Tory told me.

"Wait. Is it the same girl that Tory told me about?" I asked Ryan.

He frowned, "You already met Tory?"

I smiled and nodded my head. "Yeah, he's in AP Stats class. He's cool. Said he was best friends with you too."

Then he slightly smiled, "Yeah... Careful though. He's slick with the girls."

I looked at him... Cute that he warned me. "Uhm... Don't need to warn me. Guys don't go after me as much."

Daniella exclaimed, "Hah!"

We both looked at her and I gave her a funny face. She continued, "Sorry. Just saying... Peter stated that when you were walking with him... Almost every guy was looking at you."

I tried to stop her, but she covered my mouth, "I'm not done yet. No interruptions, missy. No, they weren't looking at the fact that you were hugging a skateboard. They called Peter over to get introduced to you."

Then she took her hands off my mouth and I had nothing to say, really.

Ryan sunk down at the chair, "You are... cute. You know?"

Did he really just say that? Oh my god, did Ryan Sheckler just call me cute?

I tried not smiling and just stuck my tongue out at him. This day was just going amazing.

Then I heard that annoying voice I had been dreading to hear all morning, "Oh step sissy!"

I sighed loudly, as Kayla sat down next to me. Ryan shifted slightly to the left and drank his water. Everyone just became quiet as she sat down.

"What are you guys talking about?" She started. Ryan answered, "How Marisa was really cute..."

I sligtly smiled and Kayla gave me a frustrated look. Daniella continued, "We were actually talking about that. When Marisa was walking through the entrance, almost every guy had to look at her."

Kayla laughed, "Probably cause she's new and she's holding a skateboard?"

Then I heard from behind, "Nah. A bunch of my guy friends asked me to introduce her to em'." We all turned around and it was Peter with Tory.

Kayla stayed quiet. Daniella continued, "Did you need anything Kayla? Homework help, or something?"

Kayla gulped... Peter and Tory sat down. Tory gave Ryan a handshake. Tory looked at me and raised his eyebrows at me. I slightly smiled at him and sunk back in my chair.

Kayla continued, "Well, I just wanted to... you know... talk with my friends."

We all looked at each other and I could tell she started feeling left out. Kayla laughed, "Well. Nice talking to all of you. Gotta go study."

She grabbed my arms and whispered, "Remember... My... Rules."

I whispered back, "It's hard to forget, Sis."

She gave me a death glare and walked away.

I sighed, "Didn't know she knew how to study."

Everyone laughed and I turned back around. Tory started, "So you already met all of us?"

I looked at Daniella, Peter, Ryan and Tory... and smiled. "Basically, yeah."

Ryan laughed, "Dude. You are all set for senior year."

Daniella pushed him, "Dude. Stop calling my friend dude. She's not a dude."

"Alright. MARISA." Ryan said loudly.

God, he was cute. But Daniella and him teased each other an awful lot. But she never mentioned him at all. She did say she had a thing for someone but she was going to tell me when it was the right time. Was it Ryan?

Oh great.

Daniella started, "So........ Anyone excited for the dress up ball dance for halloween this year?"

Tory, Peter and Ryan groaned... and Peter started, "I don't think I'm looking foward to dressing up in a suit."

"You don't have to wear a suit." Daniella exclaimed.

Peter continued, "You REALLY expect me to dress up in a costume. You are out of your mind."

Ryan interrupted, "I will probably wear a tuxedo and a mask. I'm not dressing up in anything."

Daniella turned to me, "How about you babe? What are you dressing up as?"

"First off. I don't even know what this thing is and second, I probably won't be going."

Daniella answered, "First off. It's a fun dance every year where people dress up in anything they want, and they're not allowed dates either. And you have to show up like just in your costume. And second, WHY NOT?!"

Ryan came in, "Yeah. You should go? It's a dance that everyone goes to."

"Have you seen my stepsister? This is only the sister. You should wait to see the mother. As much as I want to, I probably won't go. In any way, I don't dress up either."

"Party pooper," Peter added. He continued, "But you absolutely have to go to the skating park with us today! If you don't, you're not my friend anymore."

"That I can do. Because I have to be back home by six o' clock. So after school, I've got like four hours."

"Kaylie's coming right?" Peter asked.

I looked at him and smiled. Daniella threw a straw at him, "You are so obvious."

"What?" Peter asked as he sank back down. He then looked at the door of the cafeteria and I grinned.

Peter and Kaylie. That'd be interesting.