My So Called Cinderella Life

The Mall

After two hours of skateboarding, I was covered in my own sweat.

Tory, Peter, Ryan and I all sat down in a small circle behind one of the skating ramps and all breathed heavily.

Ryan began, "So I figured you could skateboard. But I didn't know you'd be THAT good."

I chuckled, "I told you. I got it from my dad."

"Man, your dad must be like legit at skateboarding if his daughter can skateboard like this. He must be like pro or something."

Ryan joked, "Whoa. Don't tell me your dad's Tony Hawk."

I shook my head and laughed. Peter started, "Actually her dad..." I glared at Peter and shook my head softly. He stopped talking and then continued, "Her dad's really good at skateboarding."

"Does he still do it?"

I said quietly, "Umm. He passed away a few years ago."

Ryan and Tory said in unison softly, "Sorry."

I smiled, "I am too. But it's all in the past." I changed the subject, "I seriously think I lost like five pounds doing this."

Ryan stood up, "So you wanna grab something to eat?"

"Duh. I am starved." Peter answered.

I looked at Kaylie to check the time and she put up four fingers. Four o'clock... I turned around back to them and said, "I have to be back home at six o'clock on the dot. You think I can make it?"

We all looked around. Peter nodded and grabbed my shoulders as we were were walking back, "Well, we gotta make it cause I am starved right now."

Tory and Ryan went to the bathroom and Peter pulled me aside with Daniella and Kaylie.

He started, "So why don't you want anyone knowing that you're Paul's daughter?"

"I don't wanna ruin my dad's reputation."

Daniella sighed, "Sweetheart... I hate to break it to you, but Paul's not here anymore."

"I know. But no one ever knew he had a daughter and I don't wanna make it big news. The only daughters that the press knows are his step-daughters." I pointed at Kaylie, "They barely even know her!"

I continued, "And I really don't want them to continue being friends with me because I'm Paul Anderson's daughter."

"They're not... They like you for who you are already and they don't know your dad."

"Peter! I just... don't wanna make it big news. I don't like talking about my dad with people and I don't feel comfortable talking about it now. Please, just do my dad a favor and don't tell anybody. It will ruin his image if they find out that I am his daughter now."

Kaylie just stayed quiet. Daniella sighed loudly, "You are such... a... patient person that I want to strangle you. You know you are the protagonist in your story and you have many antagonists, and I'd rather strangle you rather than the bad guys."

"Guys, promise me? Please? If you don't wanna for me, do it for my dad."

They all sighed. Peter continued, "We would do it for you anyway."

He fist pounded me and Daniella rubbed my back. I held onto my locket and just frowned. Dad, I'm not letting your image getting ruined yet. Don't worry.

We went to a food court at the mall nearby and I was literally amazed by it. I had never been to this mall before. Fashion Valley Center... Wow, it was big.

Kaylie started, "Don't worry. Once you come with your sisters over 100 times, you get bored of it."

I smiled, "Wow, this mall has changed. I remember coming here when I was seven, and don't remember a thing. I don't think it was even name Fashion Valley."

She chuckled, "Wow. My mom and my sisters really kept you up all the years."

I shrugged. "What can you do? She is my legal guardian."

"I really don't understand why she's so harsh on you. Like, you never did anything wrong. I really don't get it."

I smiled. "Kaylie, it's fine. Now if you weren't in the house, I'd probably die by now."

"Speaking of dying, you have to deal with Kayla when you get home."

I sighed and put my arms around her shoulder and she put hers on my waist. "You know what would be worse. If you were the oldest sister. Then you'd have to be away from me and I'd be stuck with Kayla and Kate."

We both shivered and laughed. I continued, "I seriously still don't understand why you're so different from Margaret and your sisters."

She snickered, "Oh. My mom and my dad were TOTALLLLYYY different people. My mom was like this rich, city girl who had it all, and was TOTALLY spoiled by my grandparents. Her parents never said no to her, everything was granted to her like that. And she grew up to have very little friends because she always complained and just took advantage of everything. Now my dad, is the total opposite. Kind of like the quiet, shy guy... but he's very sweet. My grandparents raised him spoiled, but like an adult spoiled... Like they'd have to teach him before he had to actually get it. But in the end he would get the things that he wanted, because he was taught by his parents."

"Oh, so you're exactly like your dad?"

She nodded. "I'm proud. Kayla and Kate were the closer sisters. I was never close to them just because I was so different from them."

I smiled but she continued, "I guess it's our destiny to have met each other and become sisters."

"Probably... And be the exact same age, in the exact same grade."

"Don't forget... We're like three days apart." She said.

"Ah, but you're forgetting that my birthday has not been celebrated ever since Dad passed away. So basically, my birthday has been forgotten."

Tory asked, "Alright... I'm getting a sub from subway. Anyone following?" Peter patted his shoulder, "I'm in, dude. Let's go."

Kaylie pointed at Peter and Tory... "I actually want a salad from there. So I'll go with them." And then she walked off.

Daniella said, "I will go with sushi."

I looked around and smiled. It felt good being out of the house.

Ryan waved his hand in front of me, "Hey! You okay? You seem mesmorized."

"I am! This mall has changed so much... The last time I came here, I was like... seven or eight."

"Yeah, you need to get out more."

I laughed and started looking for food. I saw a chinese restaurant and pointed there, "I'm going with chinese. The only chinese I've ever had was a greasy nasty take out box that came for delivery."

"Go for head. I'm going to the burrito place next to it."

He patted my shoulder and ran off. Still, the most adorable guy ever.

Ryan got his food first then came when they were getting my food ready. "General Tsao, nice choice." He said as he was eating a chip. I chuckled.

When the cashier told me the price, I reached into my pocket for money and Ryan choked out his wallet, "I got it." and handed the cashier a 20 dollar bill. He got change and gave the cashier a tip and smiled.

I looked at him and gave him a funny face.

"What?"

"Thank you? Why'd you just pay for my food?"

He shrugged, "Wanna be nice."

"Oh why thank you. Are you gonna wanna be nice often? Because I will start to feel bad if you end up wanting to be nice all the time."

He laughed and then we sat down when we saw Daniella. Tory, Peter and Kaylie came to the table and Peter exclaimed, "Rissa! Did you take the entire tray? Why'd you get so much?"

"Ask the cashier, she's the one who poured it in my box"

Tory asked, "How much was that anyway? The place just opened up and I wanted to know if it was expensive."

I joked, "Ask him. I didn't pay for it." And stuck my tongue out at him. He slightly pushed me and looked down at his food laughing.

Tory continued, "Wait... you paid for Marisa's food?"

Ryan nodded, "Yeah dude. Why? Am I not allowed to pay?"

"I never see you paying for me...' Peter said. Daniella continued, "Yeah, same here!"

Ryan winked at me and continued eating his food and stayed quiet. Tory and Peter looked at Ryan funny but he just kept looking down like nothing happened. From the corner of my eye, I could see him looking at me. When I slightly looked at him, we met eyes and it stayed like that for about five seconds before we looked away.

Well, this was getting even more cute.