Turns So Cold

And Waves Are Crashing.

After my grandmother stormed out of my room, slamming the door which shook my nightstand, I looked in my vanity mirror at the new bruises that littered my arms, face and chest. I frowned and felt a huge lump in my throat, like the feeling you get after dry swallowing a horse pill. What had I done this time? I seemed to be asking myself that question a lot now.

Turning back to my messy bed, I toppled forward into it, and frowned. I hugged my pillow tightly to my chest and felt hot tears warm my eyes. Once again my mind conjured him up. A boy, a little too hazy for me to make out details about him. All I could tell was that he was pale with dark hair, and I didn't know his name either, but I felt him pull his arms around me and bring me close to his body.

It felt nice, warm, and comforting, something I hadn't felt in a long while since my mother had died. I didn't know that this was just a figment of my imagination, I believed it to be true. “Shhh, go to sleep.” I heard him whisper in a voice that seemed static-y. I frowned and felt my eyes grow heavy and full, and they slowly drifted close.

Waking up and not finding him anywhere close by was becoming a past-time to me. I frowned as I sat up in my bed, in just a tank-top and pajama bottoms. Standing up, I ran my hands through my short, dark hair and went over to my dresser and pulled out blue jean skinnies and a sweater. I looked out the window to see white flurries falling down to create a blanket over the yard. This was the best part of Christmas break. Everything else was horrible.

“Ci! Get down here for breakfast- NOW!” I heard my grandma scream and I quickly pulled the sweater over my head as I darted down the stairs and almost fell forward and broke my neck. I steadied myself and walked into the dining room, and took a seat next to my cousin, who my grandma just thought was a perfect angel. I could say other wise.

She handed me a plate of bacon and eggs and I ate quickly. “May I go outside?” I asked, politely and she just rolled her eyes at me and flicked her hand forward towards the door. I jumped up and put my shoes and jacket on and went outside, and towards the forest.

Nevermind, maybe this was the best part about any break from school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, and you've waited a long time, but our characters need to meet. :P