Spy of Slytherin

From Orphan to Spy

Bailey looked down at the paper that was in her hands. When she looked back up, she sighed. Yep this is the proper address, she thought as she walked up to the building in front of her. She set her bags down and knocked on the door. A few seconds later a house elf answered and let her into the home. Bailey looked around, curious about this place that she had heard so much about. The elf led her to a nearby office and knocked on the door, then without saying a word to Bailey he walked always and up the stairs, mumbling as he went. She looked back at the office confused. Now what am I supposed to do? she questioned with a frown. But she didn’t have to wait long because the door was suddenly swung open and a tall man with red hair looked down at her.

“Bailey?” he questioned with a small smile. She nodded and he opened the door further allowing her to enter the room. She didn’t know why she was here, just that she was summoned and with nothing better to do, she came. The red headed man gestured to a nearby chair and Bailey quietly took a seat. The man sat at the desk in the middle of the office, and shuffled some papers around.

“I am sure that you are wondering why we have asked you here today, Miss Murphy?” a voice from the side of her questioned. She turned startled and saw an older man sitting on a couch next to the desk.

“I was a little curious,” she finally said, not offering anymore words.

“First allow us to introduce ourselves. I am Professor Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of the school, Hogwarts for Wizards and Witches,” the older man said with a kind smile.

“I am Arthur Weasley, I work for the Ministry of Magic, I am the head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Department,” the red head commented. She nodded understanding. Bailey knew she was a witch, only she had never been sent to a school, her parents felt that it would be best if she learned from home.

“Miss Murphy, we understand that you have already pasted your NEWTS and got ‘O’s or better on every subject,” she nodded, glad that her hard work was showing itself off. Bailey was only sixteen and had managed to finish school a whole two years ahead of schedule. “Well we have a job offer for you,” the professor said.

“Well I am looking for a job, what does this entail?” she asked. She needed it to be good job, because she was on her own now.

“Bailey,” Mr. Weasley started, “as I am sure you know, we are at war,” Bailey nodded. She knew all about the Voldemort ordeal. It was the reason her parts kept her away from school. They did not want her in the same classes as the great Harry Potter. They worried that Bailey might get caught up in the antics.

“Well we would like to ask you to come to Hogwarts as a student,” Professor Dumbledore said jumping in.

“But sir, I am finished with school, why would I need to continue?” she asked clearly confused.

“Miss Murphy, we need someone with your talents in the school. We worry about the children dabbling in the Dark Arts, and we want to place you in as a spy, to insure that the Dark Lord is not getting to the children,” the professor explained. Bailey was shocked. Me a spy, could I really be that great of a wizard? she questioned. She had never been one to be so sure of her abilities, even if she could get an ‘O’ in every subject.

“What would I have to do?”

“We are going to place you into the House of Slytherin; this is the house that we are most concerned about. The only issue is you have to truly act like a Slytherin.”

“What are the Slytherin’s like?”

“They are mean, vile creatures. They are all pureblood, and most of their parents are into the Dark Arts, or are followers of the Dark Lord.”

“Do you really think I could handle it?” she asked, she wasn’t so sure.

“We honestly do, you are the only student that can keep others away from your thoughts. Plus you know more spells then any other witch I know. Are you willing to take on this task?” Mr. Weasley asked, just a little weary of what her answer would be. Bailey thought for a moment. My parents are gone, and I have to do something. At least this way, I would have a roof over my head, she thought. Finally after a moment of silence she nodded.

“I will do it,” she said.A
♠ ♠ ♠
Please remember that this story has already once been posted on Quizilla, under the name Animelover319...I am that author, and this story is my own!