Spy of Slytherin

A Place to Call Home

“My dear child, I am so sorry, they will be sorely missed. Now tell me, who are you staying with until you reach age?”

“I am supposed to meet Professor Dumbledore, so he can take me back to Hogwarts. My parents left no will, and no guardian for me, so the ministry handed me over to the head of Hogwarts. I will be starting my first term there, this fall,” Bailey said. Never once did she shed a tear, it amazed Draco to no end.

“My dear child, I will speak with the professor, I insist that you stay with us. Don’t you agree dear?” Narcissa asked turning back to her husband.

“Yes of course, a pureblood should always be in the proper house, tell me Bailey, why were you never in school before?”

“My parents did not want me in the same school as Harry Potter, nor did they want me in any other school, so they kept me home and I learned there instead,” she explained. She was wise not to talk about her parents’ neutral feelings, Draco knew this, but he also knew that it would come out soon enough. Draco looked back to his father, and saw him nod. He too had considered leaving Draco out, but in the end decided against it.

“Well then, lead me to where you are supposed to meet the professor and we will have a quick chat with him.” Bailey nodded and quickly led her to the front of the bank, where Professor Dumbledore was waiting.

“Professor, Mrs. Malfoy has asked that I spend the remainder of my summer at their house,” she said once they were within speaking range of the old man.

“Ah yes, is this what you wish for my dear?” he asked kindly. Bailey nodded.

“Yes sir, it will give me a chance to meet other students,” the professor nodded in agreement and then he and Narcissa talked quickly.

“Well then, Professor Dumbledore will have your stuff sent to our house, are you ready my dear?” Bailey once again nodded and followed Narcissa back to the ice cream shop. “Draco dear, why don’t you and Bailey go shop a little more, while your father and I do some last minute errands, when you are finished, just floo yourselves home, all right?” Narcissa said as they walked.

“Yes mother of course,” with that Narcissa handed Draco some money and Draco then grabbed Bailey’s arm. Narcissa quickly grabbed Bailey’s bags and waved them off. “Come on, what would you like to do first?” he asked.

“I don’t know, I’ve never been here before, besides the shops that I just visited.”

“Well okay then, let me take you into my favorite shop,” with that he led her to a shop with a sign on the top of it that said, Quality Quidditch Supplies. When they walked in, Bailey was shocked with all the items that this store had.

“Wow,” she said in awe. She loved Quidditch thanks to her dad, and this store was like a dream come true.

“You’re a Quidditch fan?” Draco asked in surprise.

“Yes, my dad was a huge fan, and got me into to it too. We loved the Irish, and were so happy when they beat the Bulgarians in the World Quidditch Cup, in fact we were there,” she said happily.

“Really my father and I were too, it was the best game I ever saw. I play too you know,” he said with pride.

“Really, what are you? No wait, let me guess,” she said with a laugh. Draco laughed too as she thought of his placement. “I know, you must be a seeker,” Draco was shocked.

“How did you know?” he asked trying to learn her secret.

“Well we are in the seeker row,” she exclaimed with a laugh. Draco laughed too, and just led her down the isle. Bailey was leaning over the item that Draco was showing her, when she heard someone sneer.

“Malfoy what do you think you are doing to that girl?” Bailey looked up shocked. She turned around and saw a strange boy standing in front of her and Draco. Bailey turned back to Draco and saw that he was glaring. She quickly got behind Draco, not wanting to get into a fight.

“Nothing, Potter, she’s with me,” he sneered. Bailey looked closer at the boy, and noticed the scar. So he’s the boy my parents were so frightened of. Well he doesn’t look that scary. She quickly grabbed Draco’s hand, and pulled him to the front of the store. “What are you doing, I could’ve taken him,” Draco whispered.

“I know that, but do you really want to be kicked from your favorite store?” she asked. Draco shook his head no.

“Thank you,” he said as he leaned in and kissed her cheek. Bailey looked up from the jester and smiled.

“You’re welcome,” she said as she took his hand again. She looked back and saw a very shocked Potter standing by the door. “We should go,” she said as a red headed boy and a frizzy haired girl joined him. Draco looked up and sneered again. “Draco, let’s just go,” Bailey said knowingly. She was supposed to be spying for this Potter boy, and she did not need her plans ruined by Draco, or by Potter’s friends. Draco quickly led her out of the shop and they walked to a building, inside there were many fireplaces. Draco led her to one of them, grabbed some powder next to it and pulled her into the fireplace.

“Malfoy Manor,” he said clearly and loudly. Soon they were spinning and twirling in the air and Bailey felt like she was going to be sick. The feeling was worse then when she was Appariting with someone else. Soon the spinning stopped and Bailey was thrown from the fireplace. She landed right on top of Draco and he groaned.

“Sorry,” she said as she quickly got off of him.

“It’s all good,” he commented as he slowly got up. “Are you all right?” he asked with a concerned look.

“Yes thank you, it will be nice when I can travel by myself,” Bailey said, Draco laughed, “legally,” she added with a smile. Draco nodded and led her up the stairs that were in the next room. They went up three flights of stairs before entering a hallway.

“This is my wing of the house. No one ever comes up here, except for my own personal house elves, so you won’t be bothered. We have our own kitchen and living area, I can show you all that. Breakfast and lunch are always held on our own, during our own time, but dinner is held in the formal dinning room, promptly at seven. I am supposed to escort you there myself every night. My parents don’t believe in casual wear for dinner, instead they ask that we look nice. Any questions?” Draco asked looking over at Bailey. She shook her head no, and Draco then led her down the hall. They stopped at the first door. “This is my library and office, you are welcome to it at any time,” he said opening the door, he was about to leave when he noticed Bailey entering the room.