Waiting for Life to Begin

Please don't say.

It’s my Senior year, February. Nothing could be better with my life right now.

I’m the Quarterback for my high school’s football team, with my two best friends Jack Barakat as Running Back and Rian Dawson as Tight End, and our other two friends Danny Kurily as Center and Matt Flyzik as the other Running Back. Our school is a tiny little high school in the middle of Maryland, but despite our size and lack of funding, for the last two years we’ve won every single game we’ve played, apart from one where I wasn’t playing. Everyone says I’m the reason that we win all the time, and they’re right. I’m not being arrogant, I’m just being honest – I am fucking good at football, and I love it. There’s not much more I love in life than playing football.

My family is pretty much perfect. My two older brothers are at college, and my parents are happily together. Every night we have dinner at the same time, and every two weeks we have my grandparents over for Sunday lunch after Church. We live in a nice neighbourhood in a nice house thanks to my dad’s business, and my mom is a housewife who loves nothing better than to bake all day and clean up afterwards.

I get good grades. I have a lot of friends. Everyone I’ve ever met adores me. I work out all the time so my body is drool-worthy. I have a face that girls sigh over when I walk past. But I’m not arrogant. I know what I can and can’t get out of life, and I roll with it. High school has made me the person that everyone else wants to be. I have a bright future ahead of me, and I know it.

Pretty fucking perfect, huh? I thought so too, until recently.

My name’s Zack Merrick, and everything changed the day I found out my best friend’s secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is just a short prelude to tide you all over until I start the story for real next week.
Please stick with it!
I have so much planned! And there is drama, right from the start, I promise =]

Thank you so much to everyone who commented already! You're support is amazing =] Let me know what you think of this introduction?

Nytestalker
JonnyCraig
BlindedbyLight
emmarulez
Violent Ecstasy

xo