Waiting for Life to Begin

Silent when we speak.

Two days into Spring Break, I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing relentlessly. Fuck me. Whoever this is better have life insurance – everybody knows not to call me before midday. Rian. This had better be a life or death situation.

“Yeah?” I grunted.

“Shit, it’s not midday yet, is it?” Rian groaned.

Told you.

“No, it’s not. What do you want?” I muttered.

“Flyzik’s neighbour is holding a massive house party tonight, alcohol fully supplied, no kick out time,” Rian announced.

“Oh really?” I smirked.

“I thought that would perk you up,” Rian chuckled.

“What time and what address?” I yawned.

“It starts at 8, but I don’t think we should get there until at least half 10. And I’ll pick you up. We can crash at Flyzik’s after, he’s only across the road,” Rian said.

“Sounds good to me! Is Jack coming?” I asked.

What? He’s one of my best friends too.

“Yeah man, he’s coming. He’s getting a ride with Kurily because he’s working that shitty Blockbuster job 3 blocks away from Kurily’s house until 8, so we’ll meet him there,” Rian said.

Oh good, Jack has a ride. At least he won’t have to walk.

“Alright Ri, I’ll see you at…10? Quarter past 10?” I said.

“That’s fine with me, see you later,” Rian said cheerfully.

I ended the call. And went straight back to sleep.

*

I ended up sleeping until 3pm, a record even for me, seeing a note next to my bed from my mom scolding me for sleeping in so late. Whoops. Oh well, it’s not like I have anything to do today, is it? After a couple of hours of Xbox combined with pizza and 4 cans of coke, I showered and started getting ready for the house party. What? It’s important to look good. I might get laid.

Just as I'd perfected my ensemble of a white v-neck tee, black jeans (not skinny, but not baggy) and an old leather jacket, along with messy faux-sex hair, Rian picked me up at quarter past 10, and we got to the party at quarter to 11. Perfect timing. As soon as we were in the house, people swarmed us.

Oh my gosh, Zack you look so hot tonight!
Rian, save a dance for me?
OMG Britt, the football team are here!
Fuck, you two look good enough to eat.

Etc.

I just smiled politely and pushed my way through to the main room. I fancy a few drinks before I even start thinking about hooking up with someone. I want tonight to be time to relax and kick back and just have some fun.

“Kurily says he, Barakat and Flyzik are already here,” Rian told me, wriggling his phone.

“They’re probably steaming already,” I mused.

“It’s a possibility. I’ll go get us some drinks, alright?” Rian said loudly.

“Sure thing, I’ll be right here,” I nodded.

I watched Rian walk over to the kitchen, before letting my gaze pass over the room. Bodies were swaying, drinks were spilling and the smell of sweat hung heavy in the air. I had no doubt that if I went down into the basement, the smell of sweat would be replaced by the smell of pot, but I don’t think I’ll venture down there tonight. Pot isn’t really my thing. I found myself smiling as my eyes landed on Jack, swaying in the middle of the crowded make-shift dancefloor, eyes half-lidded, a blissful smile on his face. By the looks of things, he’s buzzed already. That was fast. He looks so happy, so much more relaxed that I’ve seen him in a long time. But one thought overrode all the others.

Jack looks fucking good tonight.

Uh, what? What the fuck was that? Where the fuck did that thought come from?! Jack tilted his head back, his lips parting slightly.

“Come for me, Zack,”

“J-Jack?” I choked, lifting my head.

“Who else would it be, baby?” Jack purred.


What the fuck?! No! I can’t think about that dream. It’ll ruin everything. It’ll ruin fucking everything. I will not think about Jack like that. I quickly looked away from my lanky friend, grabbing the drink of the guy next to me and downing it.

“Hey! That’s mi…”

He trailed off when he saw who I was. Good. Being the school’s star Quarterback has it’s advantages. Soon enough, Rian was by my side, passing me two beers while he kept another two for himself.

“I tell you what, man, there’s plenty of pussy here tonight,” Rian grinned.

“Oh really?” I mused.

“Fuck yeah. There’s already one girl, Lacey Thompson, asking where you are,” Rian snickered.

Lacey Thompson…do I know her? Rian took one look at my confused face before laughing.

“She’s the girl with the jet black pixie-cut hair, with the big eyes and big tits. Tall girl with olive skin. Slightly big nose too, but her open legs kinda cancel that out,” Rian smirked.

That sounds a bit like Jack. Uh, what?

“Fuck you’re crude,” I laughed.

“Fuck you’re horny,” Rian retorted.

“Excuse me?” I choked.

“You don’t think I can’t see the boner you’re pitching?” Rian taunted.

I looked down and paled slightly.

“Come for me, Zack,”

"J-Jack?"


No! This has to be dealt with.

“Where is she then?” I asked, trying to cover my embarrassment.

“In the kitchen, go get her!” Rian laughed.

I grinned and made my way through the party crowd. For some reason I felt the sudden urge to look back over my shoulder, so I did. Jack was staring at me. What was the problem with this? The hurt on his face made it look like I’d broken his heart.

Uh, what?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Zack :(
Poor Jack :(
Shit kicks off in the next chapter…

I’ve been working on the last 11,000 word one-shot for my mpreg universe, this time a Rian/Jack one, so please check it out and let me know what you think!

Thank you so much to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please pleass please keep sending in your feedback, I really appreciate it =]

emmarulez
ItAddsMoreFizz
Hello Fascination.
miss.sobriety
kew_atl
HopeThePope0445
Forever Young.
JonnyCraig
JessicStar

xo