Waiting for Life to Begin

Don't leave me all alone.

[Jack]

“Mm, Jack…fuck, your mouth…oh fuck!”

I pulled back from Zack’ dick, smiling up at my boyfriend through the shower spraying over us. Fuck, it was good to have control like this for once.

“Why did you stop? I told you, I didn’t mean to leave my phone unlocked and for Alex to find your nudes!” Zack whined, bucking his hips.

I giggled and pecked a kiss to his tip, making him moan again.

“Just thinking back to a year ago,” I shrugged, wrapping my hand around his base.

“Reminiscing bad. Sucking good,” Zack grunted.

I rolled my eyes, my mind turning back to a year ago, a week after we’d left Maryland.


Ocean Beach skate and surf shop, San Diego. Holy shit, we’re actually here.

“Well, it’s now or never,” Zack mumbled, pulling his letter from the shop from his glove compartment.

I swear, leaving that letter there on the night of Evan’s birthday was the best thing that had ever happened to us. We didn’t have to worry about not knowing where to go, me and Zack, Alex and Rian, Matt and Danny. Zack already had someone interested in him working for them – why go anywhere else?

“Do you want me to come in with you?” I asked.

“I don’t need someone to hold my hand,” Zack snapped.

I bit my bottom lip and looked away, making Zack sigh.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap. I’m just tired and cranky, that’s all,” Zack apologised.

“Maybe we should’ve gone with the others to look for somewhere to live, rather than coming here first,” I said softly.

“No. If I can get a job straight away then that’ll look better for us if we’re trying to rent a house,” Zack replied.

“Your mom’s credit card is paying for everything,” I pointed out.

“I still want a job, Jack. This thing will only last for a month before she cuts me off, remember? We’ll need some way of paying rent and bills,” Zack said.

“I can chip in?” I offered.

“No. We discussed this last night. You’re going to college because you actually wanted to before I screwed up our chances of a normal life and forced us all to leave Maryland. I don’t want you focussing on anything else,” Zack said firmly.

“Pushy bastard,” I grumbled, although I couldn’t stop smiling.

We did discuss this last night. Y’know, between rounds of sex and drinking with our friends, who rented the two motel rooms next to us.

“You like me being pushy. In fact, I believe you even said that you wanted me to…”

“Okay, stop!” I squeaked, blushing with embarrassment.

Zack laughed, a lot more genuinely than I’d seen him laugh in the past few days. Leaving behind everything was hard for him, so I’m glad it’s starting to pay off.

“You can come in with me. But not for moral support. If I can stand up to my dad and come out in front of the entire school, I think I can deal with asking for a job,” Zack mused.

I just nodded, so the two of us got out of the car. Zack locked it before taking my hand and walking in the shop with me behind him. I told him we didn’t have to be an open couple to start this new life, but Zack said he didn’t want to hide any more. No more secrets. The two guys behind the counter looked at us with raised eyebrows, but didn’t say anything.

“Hi, I don’t know who exactly I’m meant to speak to, but I got a letter at the beginning of May saying that the manager was interested in talking to me about my skateboarding and surfing?” Zack said confidently.

Fuck, I’ve never been more proud of him – I know how nervous he is.

“I’m Corey, the manager. What’s your name, kid?” a guy with a shaved head and lots of tattoos asked.

Shit, if Zack does work here, he’s going to end up with loads of tattoos – he always talked about them.

“Zack Merrick,” Zack replied, handing over the letter.

‘Corey’ scanned it, before his eyebrows shot up in surprise.

“I thought you lived in Maryland,” he frowned.

Zack glanced down at me, before smiling back at the guy.

“We just moved here,” Zack explained.

Corey raised an eyebrow before nodding.

“Well Zack, why don’t you come round the back to my office and we can talk, yeah?” Corey suggested.

“Great, thanks,” Zack grinned, “You’re okay waiting here, right?”

I just nodded, smiling. Zack smiled back and pecked a kiss to my lips. Woah. For someone that only came out a week ago, he’s sure as hell adjusting quickly. The other employee’s eyebrows raised even further, but he didn’t scowl or anything, so I’m taking it as a good sign.

“So, uh, how long have you to been together?” he asked.

“Technically a week, but it’s complicated. We’ve been best friends since middle school though,” I explained.

“Oh, cool, fair enough. Are you into skateboarding?” he asked.


From then on, everything just seemed to fall into place.

Zack got a job as a skateboarding instructor for them as well as working in the shop.

The others found a single-floor beach house with 3 bedrooms, an open plan kitchen-dining room and a massive living room, as well as a decent sized bathroom. The backdoors led to a small fenced off area with a barbecue and that itself led to the beach. The freaking beach! The rent is extremely cheap because of how much the house needed fixing up (aka the rooftiles were falling off, some plumbing was dodgy etc) but with a few weekends of combined effort, we managed to fix the house up amazingly. It was perfect when we found it and it’s perfect now.

Alex, Rian, Danny and Matt all found jobs; Alex and Danny in a large pet store, Rian in a law firm as a paralegal (yeah, he had to read a lot in that first month) and Matt in a large clothing store, which he’s now the manager of.

And me?

Well, I’m just fucking perfect.

“Damn, Jack, I swear you having secret ninja blowjob skills,” Zack groaned, stumbling out of the bathroom behind me.

“It’s not my fault your legs can’t hold you up when you orgasm,” I smirked.

“I’m not complaining, trust me,” Zack growled playfully, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

Keep it in your room, perverts!” Rian yelled.

I blushed. Rian and Alex’s bedroom door is shut. Were we really that loud?

You’re just jealous that Jack gives better head than Alex!” Zack yelled back.

I blushed again, but Zack just laughed and manhandled me into our bedroom.

“Don’t be embarrassed. I’m not,” Zack said proudly.

“Yeah, well, shouldn’t you be at work by now?”

“Mm, as soon as I get dressed, I’m leaving. And shouldn’t you be at college? I didn’t charge four years worth of tuition to my mom’s card as soon as we moved here so you could skive,” Zack teased.

“My class got cancelled. My professor’s car broke down on the way in so he can’t make it,” I retorted, sticking my tongue out.

Yeah, that’s, right, Zack paid for four years of college for me at San Diego City College. I couldn’t believe it myself, to be honest. And he won’t let me pay him back. I guess I’ll have to stick to sexual favours as repayment. What a shame. Heh. But yeah, I’m studying Spanish (with American Sign Language as an elective) and I love it. If one of the guys isn’t working, they give me a ride to college, which only takes 15 minutes. If not, I’ll take the bus, which takes an hour (don’t ask me why, I don’t understand), so it’s not so bad. Hell, I love what I do, and I have a chance of getting a good teaching job out of it too, so that’s a bonus.

“Do you have any other classes today?” Zack asked.

“Not until 5pm, and that’s only an hour,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Well, I have skateboarding camp to run today with Joey and Michelle, but I should be able to get off at half 4 – I can take you to college and wait for you after so we can celebrate?” Zack suggested.

“Celebrate what?” I frowned.

“Our year anniversary, duh! Please don’t tell me you’ve forgotten! I’m not the chick in this set-up,” Zack grumbled.

Fuck!

“N-No, I hadn’t forgotten that it was this week, I just forgot that it was today!” I squeaked.

“You’re lucky I love you,” Zack growled.

“So I’ll see you at half 4?” I asked hopefully.

“Mm, but until then, I want to watch you jerk off while I get dressed. I need some sort of compensation for you forgetting,” Zack grinned.

“I didn’t…”

Zack cut off my protests by pressing a slow kiss to my lips, making me moan softly but arch into his body. There isn’t anything I won’t do for this guy, that’s for sure. After all we’ve been through, after all we’ve developed into over the past year, there is no way I’m ever letting him go. Not after everything he's done for me. Not after finally getting him.

“I love you,” Zack murmured, resting his forehead against mine as he broke the kiss.

“I love you too,” I replied happily.

“Now…how about that jerking off?” Zack grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!

What a whirlwind this story was, huh?
Alas, it has come to it's end.
There will be no sequel.
I like how I left Zack and Jack so I don't want to send them through more grief!

However...
This is the Jalex that I'll be starting to write now this is finished.
This is the original het story that I'm starting with artistic difference very very soon.
And this is the Alex Gaskarth/Caleb Turman coda to Listen To The Thunder that Unexpected gave me the idea for which will be written in the next week or so.

Finally, thank you to everyone who commented, read and supported this story.
Without you, it wouldn't have been written.
Your feedback is invaluable! Big schmoopy kisses for everyone =]

Nytestalker
BeautifullyTattooed
BlindedbyLight
emmarulez
Violent Ecstasy
Forever Young.
whoaitsjordyn
Unexpected.
ItAddsMoreFizz
Mikey Whiskey Hands.
originality is dead.
kissandsell;
forevermine
AUPK380
AliCat4229
miss.sobriety
Fear to Commit
JessicStar
crescendo.
xkristinehegg
sanneatlninja
TearsOfTheHeart7
kew_atl
swwamy
HopeThePope0445
a7x.Sick.Puppie.x
space is for stars.
O.o?
Baby.Blue.Eyes
prettyxinxyourxpain
robfin202
Ace Lightning.
flaws of a corpse.
CandyMama28
BOOM!roasted.
FangsAngel
ELizzieBethh
Caitlynnnn
Nothing_At_All
Hope.
earthtojoey
heyJAYhey
Safe.little.thoughts
Snowfall Melody
SarahStack
FallxFromxSky
MaddyB3
BeggingForChanges
rebeccs13
jojo13617
coolstoryBrosif
maxx danziger
John O'Callaghan;;

xo