Status: Dead

The Girl Named After a God

Can't Get Away

Running away from people is not fun. It just isn’t. It’s scary, and just about wrong; but that is what I’m doing now. Though I can’t really say I’m running from people.
I ran down an empty corner in L.A. and jumped into an alley. “Oh no,” I said as I noticed that it was a dead end. “No, no, NO!” I yelled at myself. I turned towards the opening of the alley, but it was too late. Two strange and ghostly forms stood at the front of the alley.
“Athena, darling,” said a gentle woman’s voice coming from one of the creatures, “You gave us quite a scare. You shouldn’t run away like that.”
“Stay away from me!” I yelled at them. As kind as they may sound they aren’t human. “If you even get near me, I’ll torch you.” I showed them my hand, snapped my fingers and it ignited into flames.
“Insolent child,” said the other creature. It was a man’s voice. “You will come with us!” It started to come closer slowly, but it jerked back as I threw a ball of flame at it. “How dare you attack me.”
“I said stay away from me,” I yelled again. The other one suddenly disappeared. I looked around for it but it wasn’t there. “Oh no,” I said to myself. I looked around for it, trying to not turn my back towards the other creature, but it was nowhere in sight. Which means it was in my blind spot. I dropped my hands and aimed my palms behind me, creating a wall of flame. There was a loud shriek.
“How could you hurt me like that?” yelled the woman’s voice. It sounded hurt, like I really care, ghost-lady.
“Meredith, we can’t keep everyone waiting. Let us finish this now,” said the ghostly creature with the voice of a man.
“Oh, fine. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, precious Athena, but you give us no choice.” As she spoke everything got darker. Not like the sun was setting. It was more like as if light just wasn’t entering the alley. It just bent around and away from the alley. It just got darker and darker.
“What the hell are you doing?” I screamed.
“Hush, Athena. Just let the darkness reach you and sleep. Sleep.” And then everything went completely black.
Crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's not long, but it was really quickly written.