Sequel: I Must Be Dreaming

One Last Kiss

The Beach

Edward was the one to take me home the next day. We pulled up to my house and he shut off his car. I looked over at it and smile slightly. “Thanks Edward” He nodded and I leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting out of the car and walking to my door. I unlocked it and walked up to my room and into my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. It wasn’t that I was unhappy with the way I looked. Because I was. I just thought it was getting old. I walked into my closet and grabbed an outfit and pulled it on before reaching under my cabinet and pulling out a box of hair dye I had been saving for this specific reason.

I just dyed the highlighted parts, so they were a bit brighter. I pulled out a pair of scissors and cut a few inches off my hair then curled it. I straightened out my clothes and smiled slightly. Now I literally had nothing to do. I walked back into my room and pulled out my sketch book and started working on the picture I had started the day before yesterday.

May day was pretty boring. Do I decided to go outside and walk around. In heels. Which I found out was a really shitty idea after about 15 minutes. But I kept walking anyways. I eventually came across the river I had fallen in about a week ago and shrugged and jumped across it. I got to the other side and continued walking. I heard a twig snap behind me and jumped before spinning around. A huge wolf stood about 5 feet in front of me. One of the wolves I saw when The Cullen’s were on one side and the Wolves were on the other.

“You’re one of the Quileute Warriors well, that’s what the book said, but one of the shifted to protect the tribe from the cold ones.” I said. The wolf disappeared and I blinked slightly. “How’d you know all that?” I looked up to see Paul and smiled slightly. “I told you all I would find out eventually. I’m not completely stupid You know.” I said. He smiled “So what are you doing on our side of the river?” he asked and I blinked slightly. “Huh? Your side of the river?” I asked “The treaty line, it’s the river.” He said. “Oh…what you don’t want to see me Paul?” he laughed “I don’t think your leeches will be very happy” I shrugged slightly “One they have names, and two they aren’t mine. And three as much as I love the Cullen’s I’m perfectly capable of doing what I want when I want” I said.

He laughed and I jumped on his back. “So Shea” “So Paul, hey how do you know my name?” I asked “Well the lee-Cullen’s said it enough the other day” I nodded slightly. “Ok that makes more sense. I bet you were stalking me. Yeah” he laughed again as he continued walking and easily holding me up. We came in view of a house and he walked right in. I saw a whole bunch of other guys and blinked. “Guys this is Shea” Paul said and I jumped down. “Oh, She’s Shea! The girl you’ve been thinking about for the past-“ The kid was cut off when Paul shoved him off a chair. “That was rather rude.” I said.

The kid jumped up. “I’m Seth” I smiled “Shea” I said. Paul pulled me over. “Shea this is Jake, Jared, Embry, Quil, Sam, Lean and Emily” I smiled “Hey” “You’re the Cullen’s chick that Paul and Jared were talking about” I blinked “What am I just the talk of the pack or something?” I asked. They all looked at me. “Oh they didn’t tell me, I read it on line, well in a way I read your histories. It’s very fascinating. I wish there was a way for me to learn so much more.” I said. They all looked at me and I smiled. “I like history.”

I hung out with the pack for a while. “Paul…” he looked over at me. “How much do you love me?” “So much I could die” I smiled and walked over and sat on his lap. I loved Paul. Not like literally, but he is so funny and awesome. Totally best friend Material, right next to Rose. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled “What do you want Shea” he asked causing me to laugh “Will you take me to the beach?”

10 minutes later and a piggy back ride from Jake we were at the beach. I was quickly bonding with all the buys. Leah didn’t want to go and on the way the guys explained to me what happened between her and Sam. It sucked. I felt so sorry for her. I pulled my hells off after jumping off Jake’s back and pulled my shirt off and tossed my phone and wallet on the ground leaving me in my shorts and a bra. “Wow” I looked back at the guys and smiled “What did you think was under my shirt?” I asked before grabbing Paul’s hand and pulling him with me down to the water.

Once we got in the water he lifted me up and threw me the rest of the way in. I screamed slightly and pulled him in with me. “We are gonna go cliff diving! You too coming?” Jared called as I resurfaced. I shook my head. “Nah we’ll stay” I said. Paul looked over at me and I smiled before splashing water at him. “Oh it’s on!” I laughed as he splashed me back causing me to scream.

I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He smiled and pulled my face down and kissed me. I felt my body freeze but I ended up kissing him back. I knew he didn’t like me that way, and I didn’t like him that way there was just a bit of…attraction. And I knew it by the way he wrapped his arms around me back at Sam and Emily’s house.

When we pulled away he smiled and pushed a bit of hair out of my face. “Sorry” I smiled “Nah, don’t be it’s not like I pushed you away” he smiled and I smirked before pushing him under the water and swimming back to shore. He looked at me from the water and I smiled before taking off running down the beach. I didn’t get far before I felt arms wrap around me causing me to laugh.
Paul pinned me down to the ground and got on top of me. I felt memories Flash threw my head and I froze. He looked at me confused. “Please get off me” I said. My voice was shaky and my eyes were wide. He quickly moved and I sat up and took a deep breath. “Thanks. And sorry, just bad memories” I said. He looked at me confused and I smiled “My ex…was an asshole. Let’s just go with that.” I said. He slowly stood up and held out his hand.

I grabbed it and he carefully lifted me up and I smiled slightly. We walked down the beach just talking until it was dark. “I’m gonna take her home!” Paul called before we started walking back towards Sam’s house. When we got there he pulled me over to a truck. I put my shoes on the floorboard and leaned my head down on his lap. I slowly started to fall asleep as he ran his hand threw my damp hair. Paul was a good friend. And that was all he was going to be.

“What did you do to her?” “Shut up leech she is asleep” Paul’s voice said. “She has no shirt on and she is passed out. What did you do to her?” That was Edward. I think. I groaned slightly and moved closer to Paul who I’m guessing was carrying me. “We were at the beach which is why she has no shirt or shoes and she fell asleep in the truck on the way over. I got her number out of her wallet.”

Right now the only thing running threw my head was the fact that Paul was just extremely too hot. He was causing me to sweat. I felt him move slightly “I got it” Edward’s voice said then there was a door opening. I felt myself get set on my bed about a minute later and a growling noise. “You kissed her” “Yeah I did, jealous much leech?” Paul said. I heard a door shut before I felt a cold hand touch mine. It felt so nice that I really just wanted him to hold me. Not only because he was cold, but because when I was in contact with him, the rest of the world faded away.

I felt him, him being Edward of course, lay down then he wrapped his arms around me. It was amazing. I buried my head in his chest and his arms tightened around me as a smile formed on my face and I slowly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i start work tomorrow!