Love Isn't Always Fair

The Revelator

I sat outside in a chair in Opie’s backyard as I watched Ellie and Kenny while Opie stayed inside as his family and friends tried to comfort him; the funeral was being held tomorrow which was going to be hard on everyone but I was worried about Ellie and Kenny, they now have to grow up without their Mom.

Opie was going to take some days off after the funeral so he was going to head out of Charming so he could get his head back in focus; Mary and I were going to take turns in looking after the kids which didn’t bother either of us because it was the least we could do for Opie right now.

“Grace… the guys are going to head over to the clubhouse, Clay’s holding a meeting. He’ll understand if you stay here” Kip said to me softly as he walked through the back door and over to me before he kissed the top of my head; I needed to find the bastard who did this to Donna and I wasn’t going to rest until I did.

“No I’ll come with you, Opie has enough people around him here. He’d want me to go to the meeting and find out who did this” I told him softly as I stood up from my chair and said goodbye to Ellie and Kenny; I held Kip’s hand as we walked back into the house so we could both say goodbye to Opie before we walked outside to Kip’s truck.

“Love I know that you’re angry and upset about what happened to Donna, but I don’t want you going after the guy who did this” Kip said to me as he drove us both over to the clubhouse and I knew if I did do that then I’d get myself into trouble; Piney and Opie would already be planning on hurting the guy so we had to keep our eyes on them too.

“I won’t I promise, whoever did this deserves what he’s going to get and more” I said softly as Kip parked his truck in the driveway so we climbed out and headed into the clubhouse; we took our usual seats in the Chapel so the meeting could start.

“I want to start this meeting by taking full responsibility of what happened to Donna, the gun deal with the Mayans was most likely what triggered this tragedy” Clay said to all of us with sadness in his voice but no one blamed him for Donna’s death; it wasn’t his fault that the Niners’ attacked Opie’s truck because no one saw that coming.

“I want to take action against the Niners, they murdered my daughter in-law so they deserve what’s coming to them” Piney said to Clay in a demand because it was clear that Clay was holding back for some reason; which was strange because normally Clay would have already made up a plan for something like this.

“I know that Piney but I think we should take our time with this, yes I want justice for Donna but everyone is on edge right now” Clay said to him which wasn’t going to sit right with Piney or anyone else here; we all wanted to find the guy and teach him a lesson about killing one of our family members.

“Half Sack go follow Piney and keep an eye on him, call me if anything happens” Jax told Kip once Piney had stormed out of the room because Clay wasn’t taking any action into finding our who murdered Donna; I gave my boyfriend a small smile as he followed Piney out of the room letting him know that I’d be fine without him.

Police Station

“Please tell me that you have something on the person who did this, anything will do David” I asked Deputy Chief David Hale as I said in the chair in front of his desk in his office; this was the only place we could talk without any of the ATF officers trying to listen in on our conversation.

“Grace you shouldn’t even be here and you know that, but sadly no we don’t have any leads. You know just as much as I do… apart from the fact that Stahl was setting Opie up to make him look like the informant” David said to me softly as he said at his desk in front of me and I knew he shouldn’t be talking me this; but he’s known me since I was born so he knew that he could trust me.

“So she took Opie and his family away as soon as we heard about the eye witness, she knew that we’d have to look at the possibility that Opie was the informant and she knew some of us would believe it” I said to him as a frown formed in between my eyebrows as I realised this was all her fault; even Donna’s death was going to be on her hands but we still didn’t know who was the murderer.

“Clay was in here asking questions about the witness too, but he seemed convinced that it was true about Opie. Then a few days later Donna is killed when she’s driving Opie’s truck, maybe Clay was the one who put the hit on Opie” David explained to me quietly about the theory he had come up with and it did make sense; Clay and Tig already thought Opie was betraying us but killing him was extreme.

“Right… thank you David, you’ve been a big help” I said to him as I stood up from my chair which he followed; I gave him a hug before I walked through the station in a daze as I kept thinking about Clay putting a hit on Opie and I didn’t know what to believe.

I drove off on my motorbike and went home instead of going back to the clubhouse because I couldn’t stand seeing Clay or Tig right now; not until I had cleared my head and thought through everything that David had just told me.

Funeral

I stood at the gravesite with Donna’s family and friends as her coffin was placed above the hole; I was standing with Kip, Chibs and Scarlet as we listened to the priest say a few prays while people placed blue flowers on Donna’s coffin.

I hadn’t said anything to Clay or Tig all day and I wasn’t planning on it either because now I knew the truth; Jax had called me last night because he figured out the truth as well so I told him what David told me, Clay wanted Opie killed but Tig accidently killed Donna instead because they changed cars at the last minute.

I watched Jax walk over to us because he had gotten drunk and passed out but Tara helped him put his vest on before they shared a kiss; I glanced over at Mom and Wendy because the kiss meant Tara was staying in town which was good news for me because I wanted Wendy gone. Jax placed a blue flower on the coffin as he gave Clay and Tig a cold stare while Opie watched; he looked over to me as he gave me a slight nod before he walked over to our Dad’s grave.

“What are we going to do Jax?” I asked my big brother softly after I walked up behind him once the funeral was finished; I waited until Piney had a talk with him and gave him another copy of our Dad’s book which Jax had told me about.

“I don’t know Gracie, but this club needs a change and we need to be the ones to make that change” Jax said to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me against his body; he placed the book in my hands so I could read it and keep it safe like Piney had done all these years, John helped start this club but Jax and I had to keep it on the right path.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!