Love Isn't Always Fair

Albification

“Thank you Grace, we’ll see you after school right? Or is Grandpa going to pick us up?” Ellie asked me as I dropped her and Kenny off at their school like I did most mornings; Opie was meant to be coming home today and I was hoping that he’d keep his word because his kids were missing their father.

“No I’ll be here to pick you guys up, have fun today and behave” I said to them with a smile was I turned around in my seat to look at them; they both gave me a small smile before they climbed out of my car and walked towards the front doors of the school.

I waited until Ellie and Kenny are inside before I drive off to the local diner where Scarlet was working because I needed to make sure that she was still coming to Bobby’s party tonight; Stahl was finally letting him be released because the eye witness suddenly just left town so there wasn’t anyone to put the murder on Bobby so he was coming home tonight.

I parked my car in the car lot before I walked into the diner like I did most mornings when Scarlet was working; I took a seat on a stool at the counter while Scarlet made me a coffee as she knew just how I liked it while she also placed a chocolate muffin on a plate for me, which was what I always ate in the morning when I visited her.

“Now before you even ask me, yes I’m still coming to the party. Chibs rang me up this morning before my shift started and asked me, he also called to say good morning” Scarlet told me with a wide smile on her face as she placed the muffin and coffee in front of me; I knew that Chibs was getting serious about her but I wasn’t sure about how she felt about him, apparently they felt the same way.

“That’s great news Scar, I’m so happy for both of you. Isn’t it lucky that you listened to me and agreed to go out with him” I said to her smiling as I sipped my coffee while she took a couples order and gave it to the chef; before she walked back over to me as I started to eat my muffin.

“Yes I’ll have to listen to you more Grace, because you just know everything. So should I bring anything to the party?” Scarlet asked me before she picked up the coffee jug and walked out from behind the counter; I watched as she walked over to offer Deputy Chief David Hale a coffee as he sat down at a booth with his brother Jacob and two men I didn’t know.

“No you don’t have to bring anything, just yourself. Mom always organises the food and drinks for our parties anyway, I’ll see you then” I said to her after she walked back over to me and I paid while I finished both my coffee and muffin; I stood up and walked towards the front door of the diner but I was stopped.

“Ah and this is Grace, the youngest Teller. How’s the family dealing with everything?” Jacob Hale Jr said as he caught my attention before I could make it outside; I’ve never really been that fond of Jacob as I’ve grown up and I tend to avoid him as much as I can.

“We’re all very well, thank you Mr Hale. I was actually just on my way out, excuse me” I said to them being as polite as I could be but the two men that I didn’t know were just staring at me; which made me feel very uneasy about them and they were talking to Jacob which also wasn’t a good sign.

I walked outside to my car before I drove off towards the clubhouse but I noticed that Jacob was talking to his brother about something as David got into his police jeep; everyone knew that Jacob wanted Charming to expand in business and he also wanted SAMCRO out of Charming for good.

Bobby’s Party

“Kip don’t! Put me down” I said laughing when my boyfriend picked me up by my waist and spun us around a few times; we had just been dancing together when he suddenly picked me up in his arms when I wasn’t expecting it.

“Yes Gracie? I didn’t even do anything love, nothing that’s not unusual anyways” Kip said to me with a cute smile on his face as he gently placed me back onto my feet again; he was telling the truth because he did lift me up when it was needed which was usually when I wouldn’t do something and he needed to move me.

“Gracie… could I talk to you quickly please? Sorry Kip” Scarlet asked as she walked over to us as she fiddled with the bottom of her shirt; Kip nodded to her before he kissed the top of my head and walked over to Chibs and Juice.

“What’s wrong Scar? Has something happened?” I asked her softly as I lead her to a quiet spot so we could talk in private; I looked at my best friend in worry as she looked around a little awkwardly like she was unsure if she should talk to me about what was on her mind.

“Nothing is really wrong Grace, so you can calm down about that. I just wanted to ask you about your relationship with Kip… I want Chibs to have what you have with him” Scarlet said to me in nearly a whisper and I let out a sigh of relief because I thought it was going to be something serious; but all she wanted to talk about was her relationship with Chibs.

“Scar you will have a relationship like mine, you just need to wait and see what happens. I’ve known Kip for most of my life, you and Chibs just need to spend time together” I said to her smiling because I always thought she was too strong to ask me for help with a guy; but this just proves that she really likes him which was an amazing sign.

“You really think so? I’ve seen how Kip looks at you, he adores you more than anything else. I just want someone to love me like that” Scarlet said to me with her voice being at its normal level now and I couldn’t help but smile at her; I knew that Chibs loved her already and they had only been on a few dates so far.

“Scarlet look at Chibs right now, he’s looking at you the same way that Kip looks at me. Go talk to him and enjoy yourself” I told my best friend as she glanced over at her boyfriend who was talking with Juice; but his eyes were focused on Scarlet and he looked so happy when he looked at her.

“Thank you Gracie, you’re the best” Scarlet said as she gave me a tight hug before she walked back over to Chibs who opened his arms for her; I smiled to myself when I felt two familiar strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

“Everything alright between you two? Scar looked pretty nervous before” Kip said to me as he held me close against his body and kissed my shoulder lightly; I leaned back into his chest as I rested my hands on his forearms.

“Yeah everything is fine, she just needed some advice” I said to him when I heard a car pull into the driveway and Stahl climbed out with Bobby following her; Clay was the first to welcome Bobby back before he thanked Stahl for personally bring him back to the club.

A few minutes later another car pulled into the driveway but this car was way more expensive so it was quick to capture everyone’s attention; Mom and the guys walked out as the car doors opened at the two new men that I saw at the diner stepped out.

“I’m sorry to just drop by like this but I’m Ethan Zobelle and this is AJ Weston, we’d just like to have a little chat” Zobelle said as he and Weston took a few stepped towards us all causing Tig and Happy to steps forward and stop them; we didn’t know these men so we didn’t know if we could trust them but I was starting to think that we couldn’t.

“We want you to stop dealing guns to the Niners and Mayans, for business purposes of course or something horrible may happen” Weston explained to us why they were here in the first place as Zobelle handed Clay a box of cigars and his business card; I stood with Mom and Kip just behind Clay so I was able to see that Zobelle was opening a tobacco store.

“You want us to stop dealing guns to coloured people? Get off my fucking property and no one threatens SAMCRO or my family” Clay said to both men coldly after he laughed in Zobelle’s face because it was clear they were supremacists; we’d never get involved with people like them because they’ll never treat everyone as equal like the world should.

“My store will open in a few weeks, feel free to visit” Zobelle said to Clay as he climbed back into the car with Weston behind him; but not before he apologized to my mom which just made them both even stranger in my opinion but we wouldn’t know what they were planning for Charming until they started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!