Love Isn't Always Fair

Falx Cerebri

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up in the St Thomas hospital and I knew I was on morphine because I wasn’t feeling that much pain after the explosion; I felt someone holding my right hand so I slowly turned my head to the side which did send some pain through my body but it was worth it because I saw Kip sitting in the chair beside my hospital bed.

“Hey love, it’s good to see that you’re awake. The doctor said you’re going to be just fine with some rest, you just need to let yourself heal” Kip said to me once he noticed that I was awake as he leaned over and kissed my cheek; I reached up with my left hand only to find a bandage was placed over the cut on my head.

“What about Chibs? Is he going to be okay?” I asked my boyfriend as I cared more about Chibs than I did about myself; I’d blame myself if anything happened to any of the guys but I felt worse because I should have ran faster to let Chibs get further away from the car bomb.

“Chibs is in a critical but stable condition, he has a serious head wound but we all know how strong he is. He’s a fighter Grace and Scarlet is in the room with him” Kip explained to me which only made me feel worse than what I was because all of I could about is the what ifs; I couldn’t help but blame myself because I was in Chibs way of escaping the blast without much injury.

“He’s critical with a head wound…” I said softly as my voice broke while tears started to form in my eyes at the thought of Chibs being this hurt; as soon as Kip saw the tears roll down my cheeks he climbed onto the bed beside me and gently pulled me into his strong arms so he could hold me.

“Gracie this isn’t your fault, please don’t think that it is. This would have happened no matter what, Chibs wouldn’t dare leave us” Kip said to me softly as he held me in his arms and kissed the top of my head as he knew what was going through my mind; it was slightly scary how much he knew me and sometimes I think he knows me better than my family.

I leaned into his body as I ignored the pain that shot through my body when I moved because I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore; I buried my face into his chest as the tears started to roll down my cheeks and I knew they wouldn’t be stopping anytime soon, which I knew Kip wouldn’t mind as he tightened his grip around my body.

Later

I cried so much that I wore my body out so I had to take a nap but that was after I forced Kip to take me over to see Chibs; he was still sleeping after he had surgery to relieve pressure on his brain so I spent some time with Scarlet who was still shaken up, after seeing her boyfriend and best friend get blown up by a car bomb.

I opened my eyes only to see my big brother sitting in the chair that Kip was sitting in earlier but Jax was eating a tub of jelly which was obviously meant for me; the jelly was always a red colour so it was most likely a strawberry flavour which was my favourite.

“You better get me more of that Jax, or I’m complaining to Mom” I said to him softly as my voice was quite raw from crying and sobbing so much; I watched the smile appear on my brother’s face as he looked at me and swallowed the last mouthful of my jelly.

“I’ll tell Ma to make up a whole bowl of jelly just for you princess, you scared the shit out of me yesterday Grace… I thought I was going to lose you to” Jax said to me lightly as he threw the empty jelly cup and spoon in the bin before he looked at me; I knew that Chibs and I scared everyone as something like this would scare the bravest of people.

“I know and I’m sorry but you’re not going to lose me Jax, I promise you that. Do you know who put the bomb in the minivan?” I asked him as I pushed myself up slightly while Jax adjusted my hospital bed so I could be sitting up instead of laying down; he then picked up a cup of water and placed the straw in my mouth so I could sip the water.

“We don’t have any evidence of who planted the bomb and the minivan in the garage, but we’re pretty sure it was Zobelle’s handy work. Hale and I are trying our best to get him and The League out of Charming” Jax told me as he placed the cup of water back on the bedside table after I finished taking my drink; I felt myself nearly snap when I heard who was behind what happened to Chibs and I.

“Jax we need to run Zobelle out of our town before he kills someone, and you’re working with Hale now? What does Clay and the guys think about that?” I said as I looked at my brother in worry because I knew Clay would hate to know Jax was working with Hale; we only worked with Unser because he wasn’t as straight as Hale was.

“And we will Gracie, I’m only working with Hale to protect Charming and to protect you. You could have died and I will find who did this, and I will kill them” Jax said to me firmly so I knew he’d already made his mind up so he wasn’t going to be changing it; he was stubborn just like every Teller but I liked Hale so it didn’t bother me.

“I know that but just be careful okay? Zobelle is more dangerous then you realise, you know Clay will want to take immediate action on this” I said to him lightly as I placed my hand over his which was resting on the edge of my bed; his fingers quickly wrapped around mine as he gently lifted my hand up and kissed the back of my hand.

“I’ll be careful, I promise and let me deal with Clay. All you’re going to do is rest so you can heal, I don’t want you to do anything alright princess?” Jax asked me knowing that I’d agree with him but it would be hard for me to keep my word; but he’d most likely tell Kip to keep his eye on me at all times so he could stop me from helping out.

“I won’t do anything Jax, trust me I’m going to be sore for a while anyway” I said to him softly as he leaned over closer to me and kissed the side of my head; before he climbed onto my bed with me as he wrapped his arms around me protectively just like he used to do when I was younger and I was sick or not having a good day.

“Good because I’m going to make sure that all you do is rest and relax, I’ll make sure Sack comes over to keep you company. The guys and I are heading over to Morada Christian Centre to see Zobelle” Jax told me as he held me in his strong muscular arms but I was distracted when he said where he was going; this was Clay’s doing because he wanted to get his revenge for Chibs and I now.

“Jax no, he’ll be waiting for you and the guys to go after him. What if he’s planning something or the police could catch you” I said to him panic as I looked up into the blue eyes of my brother but I was slightly glad that Kip was going to be here with me; I still didn’t like the idea of the guys going to see Zobelle tonight but none of them would listen to me.

“Hale is working with me princess, he’s going to bring his guys to help us. We’ll be fine Grace, I just have to go tell Clay what’s happening. I’ll see you later” Jax said to me calmly as he kissed my forehead before he climbed off of my bed; I sighed softly to myself as I watched my brother walk out of my hospital room as worry filled my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace Outfit

Please Comment!