Love Isn't Always Fair

Potlatch

I was sitting on my motorbike beside Kip as I had gotten out of hospital yesterday and now I on a stake out with my boyfriend even though no one wanted me to come; but I wasn’t good at just staying in bed at home besides I wanted to keep Kip company in case anything happen and he needed me, he had surgery last week to get a prosthetic testicle.

I was taking it easy but I could still help on a simple stake out as I’ve been going stake outs since I was 17; Clay and Jax would only let me do stake outs back then because I was still convincing them that I was strong enough to help them out and be a part of the club.

“Baby are you sure that you feel up to this? No one will blame you if you decided to go home and rest, I’ll be fine here on my own” Kip said to me softly as he glanced over at me and I knew where he along with Mom and the guys were coming from; if Chibs wanted to do this then everyone would say no and I was just blown up by a car bomb.

“I’m fine babe really, if I don’t feel well than I’ll tell you. But I need to keep myself busy or I’ll drive myself crazy, trying to figure out who blew Chibs and I up” I reassured my concerned boyfriend quickly but he’d never stop worrying about me; I would have stayed home or stayed at the clubhouse to rest if Kip wasn’t alone on the stake out but not that I’d tell him.

“We’ll find out who planted the bomb love and they won’t get away with it trust me, I will make whoever did this pay” Kip said to me as he leaned over and gave my cheek a soft kiss before we started to pay attention on the safe house where Edmond was; we had to call Clay if Zobelle showed up because we’re pretty sure that the Irish sold our guns to Zobelle and we wanted them back.

Another 10 minutes past before a car pulled up to the house with Weston inside so Kip called Clay to tell him what was going on while I watched Weston closely; Kip told me that Clay wants us to follow the guns and that the guys would meet up with us so we started our bikes and followed Weston’s car.

Kip and I followed Weston to a rest stop after he had picked up the guns so he was most likely waiting for a pick-up now; I saw the Teller-Morrow tow truck pull up beside us before Clay and Tig climbed out so we were still waiting of all of the other guys to show up.

“Fucks sake! Where are the other fucking guys?” Clay said angrily as Tig tried to call the guys again after Kip explained to them what Weston had been up to; but apparently none of the guys where answering their phones and right then I knew something was wrong if Jax wasn’t answering when Tig called him.

“Let’s just go get the guns and get out, we can’t wait for the guys to show up any longer” Tig said to us as Happy showed up so I filled him in quickly of what was happening; everyone climbed onto the tow truck with Clay and I sitting inside the cab and I could tell he wanted to tell me to stay in the truck to be a get-away driver but he needed all the help he could get.

Clay parked the tow truck at the rest stop causing the guys to jump off the back tray with guns drawn; I got out of the truck with Clay but I stayed back behind the guys as I didn’t have my gun on me because I didn’t think I would be in this position, I thought I wouldn’t be involved in this part because all the club were meant to be here.

“Clay there’s two cigar crates loaded with AK-47s, let’s get them unloaded and get out of here” Tig said to Clay quietly as Happy and Kip made sure Weston kept his distance from us; it was strange that he was just watching us but Tig and Happy started to unload one of the crates as Clay took Happy’s place.

Tig and Happy were half way to our tow truck when I decided to help out and went to try to move the second crate but before I could get the crate out of Weston’s truck I was shot at; I immediately crouched down as the guys started to shoot back at the AB backup that Weston had so we were outnumbered very quickly.

Clay yelled at everyone to retreat which meant we’d leave without the guns and I knew Clay was going to be more than pissed; I looked up when I felt Happy’s strong arms wrap around my waist as he picked me up and carried me over to the tow truck, Kip helped me up onto the back tray while Happy jumped on before Tig sped off.

Gemma’s Dinner

I arrived at my Mom’s house with Kip in his truck while Clay, Tig and Happy arrived just before us so we walked into the house together; Jax, Opie and Bobby were already there so I knew this night wasn’t going to be a good one because Clay was fuming about what happened today.

“I thought I told you all to be available today! You better have a fucking good reason why you weren’t answering those bloody phones” Clay yelled in Jax’s face which wasn’t going to help anything because my brother would just fight back; I knew where Clay was coming from but we also didn’t know why the guys didn’t show up to help us.

“We were busy delivering payback for Caracara but you wouldn’t know about that would you Clay? You don’t give a flying fuck about looking after our second business” Jax said as he got in Clay’s face as the guys stood by in case things got out of control while everyone else stood back and watched; Gemma wanted this dinner to bring everyone together not give everyone a chance to fight with each other.

“Yeah the second business that I never wanted us to be involved with, because you three weren’t there to help I had to get Grace involved! Your baby sister got shot at!” Clay glared at Jax as they continued to verbally fight and I knew Clay was hitting low with being me into this; everyone knows how Jax feels about me and being involved in something this dangerous.

Jax didn’t say anything to Clay after that instead he gave his step dad a shove backwards which caused Clay to push back; I watched my family breaking slowly in front of it and I just felt like locking myself in a room to have a good cry.

“Sorry to interrupt but I have some horrible news to tell you all, we found a body badly beaten in a ditch off of the highway. I’m sorry but it was Luann” Deputy Chief Hale said as he walked into the house as the guys pulled Jax and Clay from each other; everyone went silent as Hale told us the horrible news about Mom’s best friend, Otto’s old lady and the owner of Caracara.

“Oh that’s just perfect now we’ve lost a member of the family, maybe your payback was the cause of Luann’s death. You never do think of other people” Clay said harshly to Jax which is when Hale walked out of the house to let us all grieve the loss of one of our own; I knew Otto and Mom would be the ones hit hardest with this news but Clay and Jax didn’t seem to think about that.

“You’re really blaming us for Luann’s death? I’m not the one murdering woman!” Jax yelled at Clay as they started shoving each other again but this time the guys just stood back because everyone knew this was coming; there were only a few people in the room that understood why Jax had said that to Clay so thankfully no one asked what it meant.

I jumped slightly when I heard a loud crash behind me so I turned to see that my Mom had smashed the tray of roast onto the dinner; causing everyone to stop arguing and turn their attention onto my Mom would had enough of her family fighting which isn’t the reason she threw this dinner, but things between Jax and Clay had been like this for a while now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Grace's Outfit

Please Comment!