Status: Blasting forth at sonic speed!

Sonic Heroes: The Dark Side

The story begins...

A shadowed figure dropped from the ceiling, landing nimbly in front of the door with little sound. Quickly punching in the code, they walked through the door that proceeded to slide open before them, the light from the room flowing out. She stepped in, looking around with a smug grin on her face. “This must be it,” she muttered excitedly, “I've found Eggman's secret treasure!”
There was a large glass sphere in the centre of the room, an indistinguishable shape suspended inside, surrounded by numerous electrical outlets and power cords, a large control panel sitting right in front of it. Grinning, she walked up to the panel and began to fiddle with the controls, working the machinery.
In the dark recesses of the room two small lights became illuminated, giving off a dull, eerie red glow. The robot whirred into action, its processors detecting movement. Its machine turrets clicked into action, sending out a flurry of bullets just as the sphere clicked open. The bat fell back as the stream of bullets crossed the ground just in front of her. Something grabbed her at an incredible speed and put her against the wall. “Stay here,” was all he said. She recognised who he was by the brief flash she saw of his face in the darkness.
“Shadow!” she had cried in both surprise and awe. Nobody had seen Shadow for years. So this is what had happened to him. She could do nothing but watch as he rushed off to fight the Eggman robot that had emerged from the shadows, trying desperately to hit the hedgehog with its turret.
“Must eliminate all Eggman robots!” its computerised voice stated, blocking a kick from Shadow with its armoured forearm, its other arm still shooting wildly.
Something didn't add up to her. Why was an Eggman robot trying to destroy Eggman robots? And why did it think Shadow was one? She rushed over as the robot pushed Shadow back, flying for a bit to get there faster. Just as they were about to rush at eachother again, she stood in the middle, holding her hand up. “Hey, hold up!” she yelled over the racket. They stopped mere inches from her, and was glad they'd listened. “Now, let's sort this out like gentlemen, hm?”
***
“Now I get it...” she murmured. “Now I know what this is all about. You're mad at Eggman for sealing you in this room,” Rouge continued, pointing at Omega, the robot, then looked at Shadow. “And you... You can't remember anything, can you?” He didn't say anything in reply, but his silence said it all. “Then let's get this settled. We can start looking for Eggman together!”
Rouge put her hand out palm down in the centre of their triangle. Omega's programming knew what this was, and he put his hand down on top of hers. Shadow simply stood there a moment, silently contemplating, then added his hand lightly to the pile. She smiled. “Aw yeah, baby! This makes us a team!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter. I didn't introduce their names very well, but there you go. It's also in a style I despise, because doing it as first person wouldn't really work, given the game has a third person overview perspective. So, what do ya'll think? Should I keep this? I probably will if you don't comment (PLEASE COMMENT! Your feedback helps make my writing more enjoyable for ya'll to read), because no news is good news, right? Thanks for reading this, and again, your reviews, criticism, and feedback is more than welcome and very encouraged. Cheers to the Mibba society! And my freakishly long A/N.

EDIT: I edited this a little, because I read over it and saw it was riddled with errors. Hopefully I'll start to bother proofreading my chapters. In other news, I've decided I'm going to do the stages along with the cinematics. Two stages and the boss per chapter, i.e. Sea Gate and Ocean Palace will be in the same chapter, along with the Egg Hawk to finish it off, then start a new chapter. I plan to mainly focus it on Shadow, mostly going from his point and his opinions. Any objections, you can shove it where the sun don't shine, because I'm oh-so-cheery. Thenks,
~Kris.