Status: In Progress. Will update faster if more people read it.

Life After Death: Future Existence?

Chapter I: Dead or alive?

The first thing that reached my senses was the overwhelming scent of blood. I didn't feel like I was inhaleing air, I felt like I was inhaleing blood. The wrecked ceiling of the bus loomed over me as I opened my eyes. My dark blue eyes blinked lethargically as I realized my exhaustion. My whole body was sore. All I wanted to do was lie there, but I had to see how bad the damage was.
Sitting up took a shamefully large amount of effort. The windows were smashed and the floor was showered with broken glass and what I soon realized was blood.
The bus driver was slumped over on his side, his left arm bending in the wrong direction. The boy that was distracting the bus driver was halfway in the aisle, causing a pool of blood. Using the seat to my right as a support, I stood up. From this vantage point, I could see the whole bus. I ran a hand trough my short chesnut colored hair and breathed to calm myself. No one was conscious, but someone must have survived. I lazily (with a limp) walked to the back of rhe bus, looking in the seats as I passed by.
The 'sex with clothes on' couple was dead, which I judged based on the profuse head bleeding. Ironically, Casey was lying dramatically in her seat, with her arms resting palm up and her golden hair splayed out. I thought she might've survived, until I saw the gash on the side of her neck faceing the window. That was fatal.
I didn't make the same mistake with Minnie, partially becauseshe lay with her eyes wide and lifeless.
The back of the bus was elevated more than the front, so I could see down into the seats. Every person was strewn around like lifeless dolls. Blood matted the floors, seats, what was left of the windows, and disturbingly enough, the ceiling. I realized right then and there I was the only one that survived.
Despite the fact that my legs felt like lead, I ran to the front. Carefully stepping over the bus driver, I shove the doors open and fell to my knees on the cement. 'What the hell? How am I the only one that survived that?' I wondered to myself. Then I realized I needed to get to the police station or a pay phone or...
That's when I realized no one was at the scene. I wasn't at the scene of the bus accident. I wasn't in New York anymore. The bus wreck was here and I was here, but home wasn't here. I was in a common, like Boston Commons, but this wasn't Boston either.
I stood up and ran. The destination didn't matter, I just needed to know where I was. I glanced behind me and realized the bus was gone. 'Am I being Punk'D?' Turning away from where the bus once was, I observed I was on the outskirts of a city. I didn't recognize it as any part of NYC. 'Where the hell am I?' The sound of a bicycle wheel filled my ears. Then whistling.
I turned and saw a girl pedaling casually, as she whistled a tune that was very trance-like. Her eyes were an intriguing orange. They seemed to dance, almost like flames. Bright red hair rested on her shoulders.
"Excuse me!" I called out to her, as she rode closer. She turned her head to me and pivoted her bike in my direction. "Need something?" she asked curiously.
"I'm so confused!" I blurted, then realizing what an idiot I sounded like. Scratch that, mental idiot. She just smiled, as if she understood. "Ah, newbie? Welcome to Nirvana!"
I just blinked, 'Is this some sort of hippie that had to much ecstasy?' Looking her up and down (Despite that I know I shouldn't judge books by their covers), I concluded she wasn't a hippie. Regaining my voice, I continued "Where am I? Is New York City near by? There was a bus, where did it go?" The girl stepped off her bike and kicked the brake.
"I just said, you're in Nirvana. What bus? Did it drop you off and leave? Well, that's the thing about buses, they leave after dropping you off-"
"That's not what I mean" I interrupted, taking note of her ponytail that consisted of a small section of her hair. It would look weird on most people, but she managed to pull it off.
"I was in a bus accident. And everyone died. Except for me. I was in NYC before, but now I'm not! How is that possible?" I continued to spurt on my thoughts. The girl sighed "You're right about not being in New York, but you're wrong about the accident. No one survived. You're dead too."
...
I laughed "But... I got up and everyone lay dead around me" "That's because they are dead to Earth and Nirvana. They arealive in Eternal Inferno, or Inferno for short. You on the other hand are dead on Earth, but alive in Nirvana. Get what I'm saying?" the girl explained.
"Ah, right. Of course that's true" I said sarcastically. She just shrugged "Whatever. Anyway, since you are new here, why don't I get you acquainted with some key information. But first, you have to meet Joe. He's the 'Big Guy' that runs this place. but unlike most superiors, he's a nice guy" She started to walk, leading her bike and expecting me to follow.
"Uh, shouldn't I know your name before following you?" I asked her. She stopped and turned, holding out her hand "Reno Staylin. Age 16. Meeting you is of pleasure." Reno introduced herself. I shook her hand "Jacquline Theripper, but call me Jax. Age 16" I pulled my hand back and walked next to her.
As we walked in scilence, the city grew busier.
"We may have to make an appointment though. He is very busy an usually handles cases of teenagers. His coworkers deal with most other cases. Some specialize in old people, some children, and some adults. Even those categories are broken up." Reno perked up a few moments later.
She turned her head to me, "Ever heard of the saying only the good die young? Not necessarily true, but it has some fect to it. most people are really friendly. And we have some pretty hot boys in Nirvana too." Reno laughed.
I had to smile at this.
Reno started to point out 'important places as a resident of Nirvana' and 'places of interest'. Not that I would be here long enough to check anything out. Soon, I'd wake up from this wacked up dream or find a way back to New York. Both, preferably, because I really hope I'm dreaming. Soon enough, we turned left to be met with a pair of giant black gates.
Reno walked over to a buzzer in one of the fence posts. I watched her push a button and heard a voice say "Good Morning. Office of Nirvana Residency and Registry, how may I help you?"
"I just met a girl that is new to Nirvana and I was wondering if we could make an appointment with Joe." Reno said into the device. "May I see her?" the voice asked.
Is their a screen?, I wondered to myself as Reno beckoned me over. Sure enough, there was a screen.
"Alright. I'll open the gates for you. Joe is free for the moment, but make it quick." the woman said and the screen went blank.
We ascended the the long drive way to a large, marble estate. It reminded me of the White House, except much larger. As we climbed the stairs to the door, we were greeted by a butler of some sorts. He silently beckoned us to follow him. I noted all the unique paintings throughout the corridors. After a few minutes of walking , we reached a copper door.
Our guide knocked on it. Without a sound, the door opened. When we entered the room, the first thing I saw was the window. No, the view through the window. Buildings upon buildings and none of it looked like home. Not one was recognizable. Beyond the buildings in the distance was what looked like the ocean.
What I didn't notice right away was the man standing next to the window. He wore a long brown cloak. His eyes were a powerful, but gentle silver.
"Joe, this girl has just arrived here." the butler explained. Joe nodded and pulled off his hood, revealing his short brown hair. THIS is their God?, I thought skeptically. Wasn't God supposed to be... intimidating?
Joe just smiled "Welcome to Nirvana."
"Thanks and, I don't mean to be rude, but can I go home?" I decided to get straight to the point. Before Joe coul answer, Reno cut in, "She doesn't believe that she is dead."
"Soon enough. For now, have her enroll at Nirvana High School. I'm sure she'll have a good time. She needs the interaction with others." Joe smiled.
I was about to object to them planning my life, but yet again, Reno cut through, "So she'll eventually realize... Ok!" The energetic girl turned to me, "I'll have you enrolled at our school. Oh! You must be wondering about living arangements. We live on campus in the dormitories, They're actually really nice. We get to have our own room and bathroom. It's really nice not having to share space with others, but at the same time, you don't feel isolated because of the dormitory style living." Reno then bolted out the door, beckoning me to follow. Reluctantly, I did, but before leaving, I haerd Joe say "This life is great, Why do you think they call it Nirvana?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update. I hope more people read it though. I have the 2nd and 3rd chapter writtn and waiting to be typed up. Comments! Suggestions! Ratings!