Deep Down I Really

I'll never leave you

Emily’s POV

2 weeks later

I was sitting on my bed about to fall asleep when I heard something breaking. I went downstairs to see what happened. Everything was dark except for the kitchen. As I walked through the kitchen door I saw broken glass on the floor. I didn’t have time to think when something hit me. It knocked me right exactly on the cheek and it burned. I looked up and so my dad standing there which then I realized that it was him who had slapped me.

He had blood shot eyes and I realized he had been drinking. When I was gonna speak he pushed to the wall and slapped my hard on my other cheek. I started to cry and tried to stop him but he was too strong. He then grabbed my hand and took me upstairs with his hand on my mouth not to make a sound. My mom wasn’t home; she barged out of the house when they had a fight so no one can stop him now.

“Please dad, stop” I said as more tears fell but he just slapped me again and again. He led me to my room and pushed me to the floor. I didn’t know what he was gonna do now but I got more and more scared by the minute. He kicked me in the stomach and I screamed in pain. I began to throw up what looked like blood.

I thought I was gonna pass out. I started to see everything in a blur. The last thing I saw was someone knocking my dad on the floor and being lifted up. I did hear someone calling my name but I couldn’t recognize who it was. I felt so light like I was flying I thought I was dead.


2 hours later….

My eyes fluttered open and a bright light hit me. I closed my eyes and then opened them. Shortly after, they adjusted to the light. I was on a bed which I realized wasn’t mine since mine was much more comfy. I tried to sit up and saw that my hand had a tube which had in it blood and it was stitched to my right hand.

My stomach really hurt and I had a huge headache. My right hand was held by someone else's hand. Whoever it was, was sleeping and had his face covered with his hand. I realized he was Brian. But what was he doing here and first of all why was in the hospital.

All of a sudden a nurse entered and saw me awake. She was about my height and looked like she was thirty or more. She had long brown hair which she left on her shoulders and was quite slim.

“Oh you’re awake. How are you dear?” she asked nicely then checked the heart monitor and the tube that was attached to my hand.

“I have a headache and my stomach is really hurting. Listen can you tell me what happened and why am I here?” I said in the politest way I could.

“You don’t remember?” she asked a little surprised. I shook my head.

“This young man came in the hospital with you in his hands and said that you were severely beaten,” she said in a sad voice.
Then everything came back to me, my dad. Where is he? How could he do such a thing.

“Are you OK, sweetie?” she asked worried.

“Y-yeah thank you, I just need to get my head straight,” I told her as I looked at Brian sleeping.

“Of course dear I will send the doctor to come to tell you everything,” she said and closed the door behind her it slammed a little which waked up Brian.
He instantly hugged me when he saw me again.

“I was worried sick. I’m so glad you’re awake!” He said and kissed me on the lips which caught me by surprise and he too looked surprised that he actually did that.

“Sorry,” he said but still smiled.

“Don’t be,” I said and kissed him back.

“What happened, Brian?” I said

“Well I was going to your house to talk to you and I heard you scream so I got in and saw him hitting you. I knocked him out and drove you to the hospital,” he replied in one breath.

“Where is he?” I asked while I held on to him.

“I don’t know I left to drive you to the hospital,” he replied and he began to stroke my hair and kiss me on the cheek.

“Thank you so much if it wouldn’t have been for you I don’t know what I would have done.” I said as I hugged him and tears started to fall.”

“Don’t worry I’ll never leave you,” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
so...comment?