Slayer

Introduction

Ever since I turned into a night creature, life has gotten a bit more difficult. My sleeping patterns have changed, because going out in daylight is not a good idea anymore. The sun treats me like a piece of bacon. My diet has completely changed. I would like a cup of O positive please. Sounds delicious, right? Then, there's my looks that have changed. I was never this beautiful before. And I defiantly don't remember my boobs being this large. Not that I mind, it's just hard to keep eye contact during a conversation. I've become a sex object since i was turned. It's not something that I enjoy.

Now, if I can recall correctly, I was born around the 14th century. I wasn't turned until recently though. Yeah, that sounds about right. Give or take a century. I stopped aging at about twenty. My twin brother, who unfortunately wasn't an heir of our mothers gifts, kept aging. He disappeared about a week after our twenty-sixth birthday. Our mother was a monster slayer. She didn't do field work, women usually didn't go through all that training. She worked as one of the scientists beneath the crypt of the church. My father was a monk. Once he met my mother though, he left that life and worked by my mothers side. When I was ten, I began my training as a monster slayer.

Once you turn eighteen, your assigned a partner and your training's done. Your sent out into the field. Partners are usually completely bonded at about twelve years. The bond starts growing at about two years of being together. It's almost an intimate sort of thing.
The day my brother disapeared, is the day my partner was killed.

I remember that night vividly. We hadn't been out hunting long that night. A village in northern Italy was having a problem with a local werewolf pack. WE had been waiting an entire week for the full moon cycle. Silently, we crept into the seemingly uninhabited dark woods. Our adrenalin was high, we were ready for a fight. It was just an hour into the long night, when the smell came to us. The sent of rotten flesh hung in the air. We were close. Oh so very close to finding them. Touching hands, we devised a plan. We would sneak into the lair. Momentarily distracted, we were ambushed. The wolf beast were on us like a fresh piece of meat. My partner didn't even have time to draw his weapon. A wolf came up behind him, and crushed his head in. He fell to his death. I stood there in shock for less than half a second. Then, I took action. I unsheathed my sword and sliced the head off of my partners killer. All the wolves came after me at once. I drew upon my center energy and forced them back. Time slowed, and I attacked. I slay all the beast with a nimble and quick hand. Gore and blood was everywhere. My disemboweled victims surrounding me. There was at least ten of them. I cried out in anger and aggravation as more wolves came at me. Once again, I drew upon my center energy and slowed time. Shock spread on one of the wolves faces as i stabbed it through the heart above me in the air. I drew my sword from it's chest and stabbed another wolf through the head. A wolf came up behind me, I felt its teeth sink into my arm. I gritted against the pain. I drew a dagger from my belt. My flesh tore as I yanked my arm away from the beast. I turned, and with a preciseness, I slit its throat, cutting both jugulars. The wolf fell to the ground. It looked at me with pleading eyes, blood poured from it mouth. I felt no mercy for it. I took my sword and stabbed it in the chest. Time went back to normal. I stood there and looked at the wolf for a moment. I walked back to my partner. He lay in a puddle of blood. There looked to be an odd sort of smile on his face. His skull was completely crushed. I picked him up, ignoring the pain that shot through my arm. I grunted against the weight. I slowly walked back to the village. Day later, the Order of Slayers came and picked up the body.

I refused to take another partner for several months. The Order forced me to take another partner eventually though. My new partner was just as enthusiastic about me as I was about him. It was a great honor though, to be partnered with the greatest monster slayer of all time. The legendary, Van Helsing.