Hidden

School

Image

Amanda

I slowly got out of bed, walking groggily over to my dresser to turn off my alarm. It was freaking unbelievable...school already.

I dug out my suitcase, pulling out some black skinnies for today. I had been in my apartment for a week now, but I hadn't bothered unpacking much. I didn't even know if I was staying...

I shook my head, pulling on a tight black v-neck. I patted my hair and brushed it gently, careful to avoid my ears.

Yes, ears. My cat ears.

I should probably mention I'm a hybrid. I have light brown cat ears with a tail to match. Thankfully I haven't been noticed...because being noticed means being hunted.

Ears successfully hidden, I grab my backpack and head out. School isn't far, so I enjoy the quiet walk.

As soon as I walk through the doors, all  chance of silence vanished. I winced as obnoxiously loud laughter bombarded my ears. I hugged myself and walked towards the nearest empty table, resting my head in my hands and waiting for class.

Fifteen long minutes later, the bell rang. All of the students crowded around the exit to the cafeteria, so I decided to stay seated for another few minutes.

I glanced at the clock and sighed, picking up my backpack and deciding to head to class anyways. I glanced at my schedule and groaned. Math. That had to be the first class of the day...

When I made it to the classroom, I immediately went to the back. Only one other person was back there, seemingly asleep and oblivious to the jeers coming from the jocks. I growled quietly, glaring at them while taking a seat next to this mysterious person.

This school year just might be interesting.