Hidden

Freak Show.

Image

It was so cold..

I saw Amanda coming around the corner but I didn't have the eyes to believe it. I had it right? She did live here? I couldn't contain my joy.. But somehow, I had to. I didn't want her knowing that I wanted her to come home.

She was unbelievably welcoming. When we finally got into her flat, she handed my a towel with a warm glowing smile. She really did want to help me.

And all the time, she was glancing at my cut worriedly.

I slumped down in the chair, pulling the towel around my shoulders in a desperate but failing attempt to keep warm. I don't know how long I was out there for.. But it was a long time.

My mouth opened to speak, but Amanda interrupted me. Interrupted me with.. Ears?
I leaned back a little, defensively, in my seat, eyes widening.
"I.. I.. Ears..?" I asked, shaking my head.
I then laughed..

"You really think that's wierd? Considering.. What I have?"

I shrugged off the towel, pulling off my shirt. My wings then sprung from my back - Pure white, feathery, thick beautfiul wings that seemed to have a majestic glow about them.
"You're a neko.. Right?" I asked, wrapping my wings around my torso quickly so I didn't lose my heat.

Amanda nodded, and I could sense her surprise. But was it good?
I felt slightly odd. I should have just kept it a secret, just laughed the ears off and thought of it as a joke.
Dad was gonna kill me..
Again.

I pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my head on them, shaking, trying to hold in tears. What if she was bad, and had demon accomplices? My life would be over in more ways than one.