Hidden

Do You Think...

Image

"So...you're an angel?" I asked, staring at his beautiful white wings. He looked so vulnerable, so sad...

"Not entirely," was his muffled reply. So he was a cross-breed.

Of all the things that could have happened today...I definitely didn't expect this. I studied Stefan's profile. My eyes landed on the cut time and time again. With his shirt off, I could see more dark bruises, though his wings probably covered most of it...

And that's what scared me.

He shifted uncomfortably under my gaze, so I looked down again. I was still a bit chilled, though I could feel the heater starting to work. Stefan was still quiet...I coughed softly. Then it clicked.

"Do you think...I'm one of the bad ones?" I asked quietly. I had heard stories of them, hunting their own kind, even going so far as to kill humans.

I looked back up, startled to find Stefan shaking.

"Stefan?" I asked, reaching out a gentle hand. As soon as I came in contact with his skin, I jumped, pulling my hand back.

"Jesus...you're freezing," I mumbled, running back to the closet by the door and rummaging around for a blanket.

"How long were you out there for?" I asked, placing the blanket over his shoulders and wings. His shaking seemed to have increased a bit...I backed away, giving him space as I sat back down. This looked an aweful lot like the panic attacks my brother used to get.

But...why was he having a panic attack...?