Hidden

Get Out!

I turned around, the picture of my mum almost slipping out of my hands as I actually pieced together the sentence she had just asked me.
“You sure? I-Iii..”
My excitement.. It was insane, I couldn’t control it so I just launched at her in a mess of tears.
“Thank.. You.. Sssoo.. Much.”

Then, we heard it..
“Boy?”
My body grew rigid and I moved backwards, scared, staring at my father forcing himself up in the doorway.
“Whatchao doin’, boy? Who’s this lovely lady, if I must say.” He slurred, pupils dilated to tiny little dots, eyes bloodshot.
“She’s loverly..”
“Get the fuck out of here!” I spat, pulling up my lamp from the plug and pointing it defensively at my father. “Don’t ever say such a thing, just get out!”
But, still, he continued towards us slowly with his head tilted.
Then his long nails scraped against Amanda’s face and he went in to kiss her, so I threw the lamp then kicked him in the face.
“What did I say to you? I hate you! GET OUT!”

I backed up against the wall, with Amanda behind me, hiding my fear by turning it into protection. My eyes followed his every move as, eventually, dad stood up and wiped the blood from his mouth slowly.
“Your in for it now, boy..” He smirked, grabbing my neck and squeezing incredibly hard until my face flushed red - In something, for once, that wasn’t a blush in front of Amanda.
My legs kicked at him, but it just made the grip worse..

It hurt, so much.. My veins felt massive as I strained for some air room. He was insane! The most disgusting human being on this side of the planet, always attacking me.. Always hurting me..
I finally pulled out and collapsed onto the floor, breathing deeply and painfully like a fish out of water.

Dad then turned to Amanda and grabbed her beautiful long hair, twisting, kissing her deeply on the lips as he picked her up by the waist..
Then his arms catapulted her to the far wall, hard, and I could almost feel what she was feeling..