Hidden

Rest Well...

I took a deep breath, still infuriated at the human laying on the floor. Not only would he harm an angel like that...but his own son...

I glanced outside, shocked to find Stefan on the ground. I quickly left his room, grabbing a bag that was floating around on the floor on the way out of the house.

My tail automatically disappeared under my jacket, my ears flattened themselves. I walked outside looking relatively normal. I gathered his things, placing the bag on my wrist as I went to get Stefan.

The skin around his neck was bruised and torn...he looked like he was in pain.

I dropped to the ground, lifting him gently and surprisingly with little difficulty. I could feel his ribs through his shirt...

I quickly traced our steps back, and before long I found myself back at the apartment complex. I put Stefan on his feet just long enough to unlock the door before picking him up again. I walked over to the second bedroom, which, thankfully, the complex had provided basic furniture for. I laid Stefan down on the bed, putting his things on the small dresser. I dug out the picture he had taken, placing it upright to face him.

"Rest well," I whispered, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

I quietly walked out of the room, going into the bathroom. I grabbed a small towel, wetting it before removing all evidence of blood from my face. I then walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. I glanced at the clock...we had about 30 minutes until school.