Hidden

What Can I Do

I quickly dropped my glass in the sink, heading up the stairs. I walked towards my bedroom, ready for a nap. There was no way either of us were going to school today.

I ripped off my shirt, frowning at the small spot of blood on it before throwing it in the laundry. As soon as I had another shirt on, my ears perked up. It sounded like...Stefan was calling my name.

I heard it a second time, and I headed for Stefan's room. If I weren't neko, I wouldn't have heard his soft voice.

I knocked gently on the door, pushing it open before slipping into the room. It was pretty dark, but my eyes adjusted quickly as I made my way over to the other end of the room.

"Hey," I said quietly, sitting on the edge of the bed. His neck looked worse, if possible...the bruises were inflamed, turning darker even as I watched...I winced, feeling his pain.

I bit my lip, not sure what to do. I didn't want to give him another panic attack...I didn't know how he could handle that on top of everything else...if he could handle it...

I felt...oddly protective of him...which was strange, especially for me.

I shook the thought out of my head, returning my attention to Stefan. He was conscious now, at least...but he looked so weak, so vulnerable.

"What can I do?" I whispered, looking into his eyes.