The Diva Inside

Too Many Guys

After my encounter with Ben, I couldn't seem to get him out of my mind. I wasn't excited to see any of my other friends, I didn't laugh when Natalie tripped and fell at lunch, I didn't even smile when I got compliments on my outfit. I knew there was only on person that could bring me back to Earth. Taylor. Unfortunately, I don't have any classes with him. Well at least I thought I didn't.

"Oh.My.Gee. I MISS'D YOU!!" Taylor exclaims, as I enter my horticulture class.

"Taylor! I totally forgot you signed up for horticulture!" I squeal, as he runs over to hug me.

"Uhmm…Hell yeah I signed up. Here come sit with me!" Taylor says, over enthusiastically, patting his seat.

Taylor looks adorable. He was wearing a graphic tee, dark rinse skinny jeans, a gray and navy blue scarf and to finish the outfit off, black converse. He has always had the best sense of style. But I was right. Just spending a few minutes with Taylor was all I needed to get my mind off of Ben. It wasn't long until we were laughing our asses off. Horticulture is my last class of the day so when the bell rang, I kiss Taylor on the cheeks and say goodbye.

I walk outside to wait for Timothy. While I'm waiting I pull out my iPod and plug in my headphones. I turn on a We Are The In Crowd song and listen as I watch people step on their buses and talk to their friends and text and kiss their boyfriends/girlfriends goodbye. My mind had just wandered back to Ben in his soaking wet t-shirt when I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I turn and see the a shocking discovery. It is…well…umm…I don't know who it is.

"Uh…hi." He says.

"Hello." I reply. "I'm Camryn. Nice to meet you." I smile.

"Really? You don't know who I am?" He asks.

I look him up and down. He has ginger hair, a pretty defined body and a cute, white smile. I raise an eyebrow and say "No, I don't know."

"It's me. Dexter O'Brien. From Mrs. Paul's 3rd period English class."

I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor. Dexter was always the weird kid at school. He never had any friends. He never did anything special. And most importantly, he never was cute. Greasy hair, big glasses, braces with food stuck in them and the worst acne you'd ever seen. But today looking at him he looks amazing. His hair is cute short and non greasy, he must have gotten contacts cause no geeky glasses, braces gone which means now straight, white teeth and thank god someone must have bought him Proactiv because his pizza face is finally gone. He looks almost decent.

"Oh my gosh. You've changed so much!! You look great." I say to him. He grins.

"Thanks. You too." He replies.

This super awkward conversation finally ends when Timothy drives up, winds the window and says "Com'on kiddo."

I wave 'goodbye' to Dexter and hope in the front seat.

"So, how was your first day of school?" Timothy asks.

"Perfect. Just perfect." I tell him, as I stare out into the packed street full of yellow taxis.

**
Later at home, I sit in my walk in closet and just stare at my clothes. Planning my next outfit. I am so excited to see Ben again that I am already thinking about my next outfit. If we were going to run-in "accidentally" again, I had to make sure I was looking good. I am looking at my dresses, when my phone starts to vibrate. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Natalie.

"Heyy, girl what's goin' on?" I ask as I push hangers out of my way.

"Not much. I just wanted to talk to you. So, I have to tell you something." She says, hesitantly.

"Oh, yeah. Me too. But your's is probably way more important. Than mine."

"Oh…well then…I guess here goes. I,,,like…-"

"YOU LIKE SOMEONE?!?!?!?!?!" I holler into my phone. "WHO?!?!?!?!" I screech.

"You probably don't know him. He's new and tall and lanky and adorable and plays basketball and I really like him." Natalie says so fast I barely catch all of it.

"Well, what's his name?"

"Joe."

"One syllable? Nice." I grin to myself.

"Yeah."

"I'm soo excited now!!! You have to get to know him better. Start with Facebook. Become his friend and then take things from there." I hear Natalie sigh in the background. She must really like this guy? After only one day? I'm staying out of it I tell myself.

"So, what about your news?" She asks to bringing me back to Earth.

"Oh yeah. You remember Dexter, right?"

"How could I forget? Greasy hair, nasty teeth, always staring at girls boobs? Yeah, I remember him. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I ran into him this afternoon, more like he ran into me, but when I saw him I didn't even recognize who he was. He looks…kinda…cute. Like really cute. Everything was better. Better hair, better teeth, better face, no glasses and a pretty hot body. Just from what I saw." I explain as I finally find what I'm gonna where tomorrow.

"Wow, sounds like someone might already have a thing for the new Dexter." I could hear the sarcasm in Natalie's voice.

"Haha, well I gotta go eat dinner. I will talk to you tomorrow. And I will find Joe. I have to know what he looks like. Love you, kay bye."

I press the end button and throw my phone on the ground. Just then I hear my mother call for me dinner. As I walk down the steps to the dining room, I realize something: I'm actually excited for my second down back at school. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took awhile to post and sorry it sucks. I had to finish the day and didn't know where to go with it. But it does give you a little surprise about the future. Thanks for the comments and subscriptions. Please tell me if you have any suggestions/ comments/ questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! :D

Taylor's Outfit