Too Much Of Anything

You and I will be a though act to follow, but I know in time we’ll find this was no surprise.

ONE YEAR LATER

“Hey there it’s John the fifth, if I’m not taking your call it’s probably because I have something better to do so leave me a message and I’ll probably get back to you later”

Jared puffed and touched the red button on his phone, throwing it on the couch.

“He’s probably still in bed” said Garrett trying to calm his mate down. Jared was very serious about rehersal and he hated when John was late.

“I wish he could take this more seriously”

“You know John”

“Yes, since middle school” Jared took his acoustic guitar and played a new riff, waiting for the lead singer of his band to join them. It took them other twenty minutes to finally see their mate showing up, messed up as they never saw him.

“Sorry, I’m late” John cleared his throat and took the microphone in his hands “so, where do we start?”

“Rough night?” Kennedy asked “you look like shit man”

John actually looked like a zombie, at least that’s what Garrett thought, and everyone in the room knew he probably got drunk the night before, so it was pointless to ask if he had a wild night or not: they knew the answer.

“We got to a bar and I got drunk”

“Again” Jared was becoming impatient and nervous. Sometimes he thought he was the only one who was always focused on what they had to do.

“Blame Peter”

“Guys, are you ready or what?” Jared asked, hoping they could finally start playing something. They had a lot to do and less time than they had before.
They had to write a new album in a couple of months, and that wasn’t easy. They knew they had to be quick because the record company was becoming very impatient about their new stuff and they couldn’t fail this time. They had their future in their own hands.
One mistake, one wrong step, and everything they had would have been gone.
That’s why Jared was so nervous and hated the fact John didn’t care. All he cared about was smoking, getting drunk and having sex with random girls. Sometimes that wasn’t even bad, because he got the best lyrics out of those experiences. But too much was enough.

They all started playing, but John couldn’t really focus: his head was pounding and he felt sick in his stomach. He knew it was just his fault, blaming someone else was too easy and that’s what he used to do when he didn’t want to take his responsabilities. He could have easily denied Peter’s nice offer to go out but he didn’t, and that’s was his fault. He shouldn’t have gotten drunk, he shouldn’t have gotten home that late. The real problem was just one: John didn’t feel the right inspiration. He thought that it was easy to look out for it with the help of alchool but he didn’t know he just needed something to fix his inner issue.

“Can we please go and grab something to eat? I’m starving”

“Pat you’re always starving”

The guys took their van and drove to downtown Phoenix to find some good new place where to eat. They knew every single corner of that city, especially every pub, John first.
There was a place they particularly liked and that was a little diner near their wall. Yes, that one wall with their giant M logo on. They could see it from the windows of the diner and everytime they thought what was behind it, they just felt so proud.

The five guys took their seat and waited for some waitress to go and get their orders.
They used to know every single person working in that place, but not her. At least, that’s what they all thought at the beginning.

“Hi guys what can I get you?”

At the sound of her voice, John immediately look in her direction, taking his green eyes off the menu. Both him and his mates remained shocked from the beauty of the girl who was asking them for their orders. John kept on staring at her and he could swear he saw her before.
He didn’t know where, he didn’t remember, but it was like something just clicked.
Her blonde and long hair, her blue eyes, he just knew it and felt it.
They all ordered, until she asked John what he wanted, but he wasn’t listening. She thought he was being just very creepy to stare at her like that; then she thought he could have been mental or something, and for that she should have felt sorry for him.

“John, are you with us?”

The lanky boy still was thinking where he saw that beautiful girl, when his mates called him and got him back to real life. He felt weird and most of all stupid in front of her, but there was something about her that totally caught him. He ordered a simple cheeseburger before she could walk off. Jared looked to the girl and then to John, who was again staring at her.

“Dude, what’s wrong? Do you know her?”

“I don’t know”

“She probably thought you were crazy or something” Pat said “you were staring at her like this” Pat opened his eyes out wide and made a fool of John, while Kennedy was laughing out loud “she probably thought you are a sexual maniac”

At that statement, John clearly remembered where he saw that girl.

“Jared, man, do you remember that party we went to in LA, before Black and White came out?” the ginger guy nodded “do you remember the girl I hooked up with?”

“Is that her?”

John shrugged his shoulder “I think so”

Pat couldn’t believe his mate’s words “are you seriously telling us you had sex with that girl? How is that even possible?! She’s too hot for you!”

“Patricia, shut the fuck up” John was pretty sure about his idea but it would have been weird to go there and ask her if she remembered him. She really would have thought he was a maniac, and she had every right to. Isn’t it weird to go up to someone and ask “hey, you remember me, we had sex like one year ago”?

“Do you at least remember her name?”

John shook his head “I just remember her last name had John in it”

“Like... Johnson?”

“Yeah! That’s the one!” one by one, every little piece was getting to the puzzle. One year passed since that night and still John couldn’t remember everything, but he hardly forgot having sex with a hot girl. And he was almost a hundred percent sure he had sex with that one. He didn’t know anything about her and he barely remembered her first name, but he knew she was from Los Angeles and that she was very good in bed. Bingo.

“Here it’s your cheeseburger” she brought John to eat and at that point he could read her name on the little tag on her t-shirt. Its said ‘Morgan’.
Morgan caught him staring at her chest and that both made her feel good and bad. She still liked when guys stared at her body, well maybe not that obvious as that guy did, but at least she knew he liked her. A lot of things changed in Morgan’s life, but not that one.
Morgan Johnson was still that arrogant California girl, and she still knew she could use her beauty to get whatever she wanted, especially from guys: that really didin’t changed.
She could have moved from LA to Phoenix, she could have lived alone and worked in a shitty diner, but she still used her power to use people.

“What’s so interesting to look at on my shirt?” she asked a bit flirty, looking to the green eyed boy who remained speechelss from her question.

“Nothing, sorry. I was just reading your name”

“Wasn’t really looking like that”

“I’m sorry... Morgan right?” she nodded “can I talk to you for a second?”

“My break is in two hours”

“It will take you five minutes” Morgan sighed and nodded, walking behind the counter. John stood up and followed her like a dog. There was something about that girl that totally got him crazy. Only then he remembered why he liked her so bad that night.
John sat on a high chair in front of her, who kept on cleaning the counter like he wasn’t even there. Morgan wasn’t used to give attention to someone else who wasn’t Morgan Johnson.

“What do you want then?”

“I know it may sound weird but I think you don’t remember me”

Morgan didn’t seem surprised “I don’t remember a lot of people. I work in a diner”

“It’s the first time I come here after ages, believe me”

“Then why would I remember you?”

“We met like one year ago” she nodded but she really didn’t seem interested, and John felt a bit frustrated about it. Usually girls were dying to know him, but she didn’t. That was a big punch to his man ego and virility.

“Well that’s vague”

“We met at a party, my name’s John O’Callaghan, it was my last night in Los Angeles before coming back to Phoenix. I was with my band mate Jared, the ginger one over there” Morgan didn’t even look “but you obviously don’t give a shit”

The blonde and tall girl sighed deeply “Listen John, let’s get straight to the point, I hate going round in circles. I ask you for a question, I need you to be honest”

“I can do that”

“Perfect” finally she gave him a look “did you and me had sex at this party you talk about?”

John never met someone so direct, and that was one of the reasons why that girl made him high “well, actually yes”

“That’s why you were staring at me right?”

“Basically”

Morgan nodded and got closer to John, making him heating up “Do you want me to tell you something, John O’Callaghan?” he nodded “there’s no way I’m going to do that again”

“What are you talking about?”

“I don’t remember about us having sex and it’s probably because it was nothing very worth to remember. Are you happy now? I think you should go back to your mates now. It was nice to see you again I suppose” John couldn’t believe what the girl just said to him. No one ever rejected him like she did. Not that he was asking her to have sex again, at least not then and there, sure as hell he would have liked to do that again, but apparently it wasn’t the same way around. John didn’t reply; he just went back to the table where his friends were waiting him to spit it all out. Well, not that there was very much to say.

“There’s no way I’m leaving her a tip” John said “she was fucking arrogant, who does she think she is” he stood up and got out the diner pretty much angry. The guys followed him out the little place to go back to rehersal.
For the whole trip back John didn’t even talk, and Jared thought that maybe that rejection was good for his inspiration. ‘Inside Of You’ was about a girl who thought he was gay and it was a great song. Maybe this time it would have been the same.

They got to the little studio they managed to rehearse in, and immediately John took a piece of paper and started writing.

“What are you doing man?” Jared sat next to him and watched as the blank white page was being filled with black words. After five minutes John gave the paper to Jared.

“Can you find me a riff for this?”

Jared looked to the lyric and sighed. The big title of the song said it all.

Misery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers!
Here I am! I know you thought I was dead or s/t but no, I'm alive and finally with my laptop back.
I finally wrote a new chapter for this story I quite like, I would love to write everyday but it's not easy. As for now enjoy the new chapter and I hope I can post more frequently from now on, even if I'll have exams soon at college and I won't be home for a couple of days (I'm going to Germany for New years eve!!). Anyway, I hope you will read and like and most of all comment this chapter. Tell me what do you think, especially about Morgan!
Soon you will find out why she moved to Phoenix. As for now, what do you think will happen?

Feedback would be awesome!!:)

Danielle
xxxx