Status: Working on new chapters!

Whoa Oh!

Prom Night!

We walk into the school and it is so crowded! There are so many people which isn't good for me considering I am extremely claustrofobic! I brush it off my shoulder. Caleb leads me to the middle of the dance floor. There is a small opening in the crowd. The rest of our group fills in. I don't like the feeling of all of these people around me. Forget about it! Your here to have fun. Right.
We dance to a lot of fast songs until eventually, a slow song comes on. Caleb grabs my waist and I put my arms on his shoulders. We dance, talk, and just look at each other. It sounds...awkward. Actually, it wasn't at all. It was sweet.
After the slow song ends, we being dancing again to an upbeat song. Caleb and I get stuck in the middle of a large crowd. I begin to worry and Caleb can tell.
"What's wrong?" he shouts over the music.
"Nothing. I'm fine," I lie. I don't want to ruin his fun by making him sit out with me.
"Your lying. What's wrong?" he asks.
"I just-I just need to get some air," I say. By now, the room is spinning.
"Okay, let's go," he says taking my hand.
He leads me out the back door to a beautifully decorated garden.
"Wow," I say in awe.
"I know. It's beautiful. Not as beautiful as you though," he says. He's so cheesy.
"Aw thanks."
He pulls me close and looks into my eyes. He begins to lean in. He's going to kiss me! I lean in as well. Our lips meet and it's magical. I don't ever want this moment to end.
"Oh sorry. Am I interrupting? I can just go," Kyle says. He looks sad.
"No dude, you're fine. You can stay. What's wrong?" Caleb asks.
"It's Candace. She cheated on me. I caught her. It was awful," he says. Oh poor thing!
"Dude, it'll be okay. There are plenty of other girls. You'll probably find the right girl," Caleb says.
"Yeah I know. I'm just upset," he says. "I guess I'll just leave you two alone. I feel like I'm interrupting."
"Well, you don't have to leave. We don't mind."
"Nah. I'm just gonna go talk to the guys," he says.
"Oh. Okay. We'll see you later," I say.
After he leaves, Caleb turns to me.
"Anni, I’ve been thinking for a while. I have been trying to figure out how to

"What are you talking about?" I ask.
tell you this," Caleb says.

"Anni, I-I love you," he says. I don’t know what to say to this. Everyone I have ever loved is gone. My mother, my father, and my grandmother. My ex-boyfriend who cheated. I don’t know what to say. I don’t want him to feel bad, but I don’t want to lie. I must have been thinking for a while because Caleb started to notice.
"Ann? You okay?" he asks.
"Uh yeah I-"
"Look, I understand if you don’t feel the same way about me. I won’t be upset," he says.
"Caleb. It’s not that I don’t feel the same. I just don’t know if I can love you. Everyone I have ever loved has left me. I just-I can’t. Not yet. Not now. I’m so sorry Caleb. I just-"
"No. I get it. I’m just going to go for a walk. Alone. I need to think," he says.
He walks away and I find a seat on a bench. I see someone walking towards me. It’s Kyle.
"Hey what’s wrong? Where’s Caleb?" he asks.
"After you left, he told me he loved me."
"Oh," he says.
"I didn’t say it back. I just couldn’t. Everyone I have ever loved has left me. You know?" I say.
"Yeah. I actually do know what you mean," he says."I think I made him upset. He said he was going to think," I say.
"It will be fine. He’ll get over it," he says.
"Thanks," I say leaning on his shoulder.
"Anytime," he says putting his arm around me.
"I think I’m gonna go look for him."
"Okay. Bye," he says.
It’s easy to find Caleb.
"Hey," I say.
"Hey. I’ve been thinking. I’m sorry, but I think we should break up. I can’t be with a girl who doesn’t love me back," he says.
"Oh," I say a little shocked. "Okay. If that’s what you want. Just promise me that there are no hard feelings between us. Can we still be friends?"
"Of course."
"Good. I’m going to find Kyle. He needs friends right now. Thanks for the fun night. I’ll see you later. Friend," I say.
"Okay. See you. Friend," he says.
I’m a little sad that we broke up, but I’m glad that there are no hard feelings. That’s the last thing I want.
"Hey Ky," I say.
"Hey. So how did things go with Caleb?" he asks.
"He broke up with me. There are no hard feelings though. We’re still friends," I say.
"Well then I guess that’s okay," he says.
"Yeah."
"Do you want to go inside and dance or something?" he asks.
"Yeah sure."We go inside and dance and have a great time. My claustrophobia is acting up. I grab onto Kyle to balance myself.
"You okay?" he asks.
"I-I can’t breathe," I say.
"What?"I fall and he catches me.
"Let’s get you out of here," he says.
He leads me out of the crowd and we take a seat at a table.
"You okay?" he asks.
"Yeah. Let’s go back out there," I say.
"You sure?" "Yes. I’m fine now."
We go dance some more and I’m fine at first. Suddenly, the room spins wildly and I fall to the ground.
"Anni!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!