Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

Best Friend Excitement

I sat on my couch, my right leg bouncing frantically. My best friend was coming back to Austin. She moved away to Iowa after high school, and well, she’s back. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I sat back to pull it out, hearing the Eyes of Texas playing, signaling it was one of my football friends. Looking down, I saw Jaxon’s face smiling up at me and sighed.

“She’s not here, Jax.”

“When will she be there?” I heard his disappointment.

“Her plane should have landed, otherwise I don’t know.”

“Dammit Anjilika!” He sounded pissed and I chuckled on the inside. He was only 18, but he was taller and stronger than I am, so I’m not going to piss him off more by laughing.

“I’m sorry. What’s wrong?”

“I’m just...”

“Excited?”

“Yeah.”

“You miss her.” He sighed.

“Yeah.”

“Just come over and surprise her.”

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes as he hung up without saying goodbye. I walked outside, as I had nothing to do until she got there. My phone started ringing again, this time it played Lollipop by Lil Wayne. I laughed as Garrett’s adorable face graced my screen.

“What’s up loser?” He laughed at my greeting.

“What a bitch.” He said.

“Oh, you love me.”

“More than you know, girlie. More than you know.” I bit my lip and grinned like a damn fool.

“So, uh, what’s up?”

“Is Calyn there yet?”

“Nah. And Jaxon is pissed.”

“Damn.”

“Yep. But are you coming over?” My voice sounded hopeful. I really liked this kid. We flirted, but I didn’t think he was really into me. Not as much as I was into him, at least.

“Thinking about it. Why, do you want me to?” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

“You know it! It’s not a party without you sitting in the corner, looking uncomfortable.” He laughed a sweet sound. Man, I had it bad.

“I’m never uncomfortable around you.” I heard a car door slam and I gasped.

“I gotta go.” I ended the call and shoved the phone into my pocket. I set off at a fast walk to the front of the small apartment complex. I saw her short figure and blonde hair and I grinned. I ran to her and grabbed her in my arms.

My best friend is back.