Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

I'm Sorry

Why the fuck did I say that? I have anger issues, but that was no excuse for treating her like that. As I threw myself on the bed, tears running down my face, I cursed my problems. It was supposed to be a joke. How was I supposed to know? I heard the door opened and flinched, thinking it was Calyn.

“Angel?” I heard Garrett’s voice and relaxed.

“I drove her away, just like everyone else.” I gasped.

Baby,” He sighed and I felt the bed shift with his weight. His arms wrapped around me and I turned into them. “What did you say to her?”

“That the only reason I asked her to live with me was because I needed her to pay half the rent.” He let out a low whistle. “I just wanted to hurt her. I was hurt because of the Jaxon thing. I mean, I thought we were all friends. I’ve known him since I was eight! And it was a joke.”

“Why don’t you apologize?” He asked, brushing a hair from my forehead.

“Apologize to whom?” He smirked at my question.

“Whom? Even upset, you have good grammar.” I gave him a small smile.

“There’s nothing wrong with good grammar, Mr. Gilbert.” He kissed my forehead.

“No, there isn’t.” I smiled wider at his comment.

“You make me feel good.”

“You make me feel good too.” He kissed my nose. “Call her.” I nodded and slid my phone out of my pocket. Punching in her number from memory, I let the phone ring. And ring. And ring.

“She didn’t answer.” I said, hanging up. I put a hand to my head. “God my head hurts.”

“Why don’t we take a nap?” He suggested.

“We?”

“Oh yeah. You’re not getting rid of me now.” I smiled at the comment. I was strangely comforted by the thought of him staying. He bounced up and turned off the light before returning to the bed.

“Thank you.” I muttered as he pulled me to his chest.

“No problem.” I slowly drifted to sleep, his heartbeat as music to my ears.

+++

I woke up and I wasn’t in Garrett’s arms anymore. I heard voices slowly rising in pitch outside my room and padded to the door. I put my ear to the door and heard Garrett’s voice first.

“Please Calyn, just stay. She’s really upset and—”

“I don’t care! She’s a bitch.” Calyn’s voice was shrill, a sure sign she was upset.

“Please just talk to her.”

“No. I’m done with this.” I heard someone storm off and slowly open the door. Garrett stood there, looking after her. His head turned to me, and I shook mine.

“I’ll go.” I muttered and walked to her open doorway. She was packing her things. “Calyn?”

“Fuck off Anjilika.”

“I’m so, so sorry. I’m stupid and I have anger issues. I didn’t mean anything I said. I’m sorry. Please don’t go.” I begged.

“Why should I stay?” She asked without looking up. But she stopped packing.

“Because you’re my best friend and you know how much you mean to me. And you know how stupid I act when I’m mad, but I’m working on it.” She turned around and I saw makeup tracks from her tears. I walked to her and opened my arms. “I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t ever do that again.” She muttered as she hugged me.

“Promise.”