Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

God, Put a Shirt On!

The next morning came and I went over to the apartment to get my things and take them somewhere hopefully for the time being until I got an apartment myself.

I sighed and stopped packing my things and accepted Anjilika’s apology. I pulled my phone out and shot Jaxon a text message and next thing I knew he was walking into the room past Anjilika and plopped on my bed. I looked at Anj and whispered, “please talk to him.”

“Why?” she asked.

“You upset him too,” I said softly and began pulling stuff out of my boxes.

“Fine,” she said softly. “Jax, can I talk to you for a second?”

“Yeah, I guess,” he said sitting up.

“I’m sorry for what I said,” she began. “I didn’t know the whole reason why Calyn had to leave. I’m sorry I made it seem like you’d push her away again. I just don’t want to lose her again either.”

“Fine, you’re forgiven,” he said softly.

I smiled and leant over and kissed his cheek, “now we’re all happy again.”

“For the most part,” he said and smiled.

I nodded and handed him a box, “now help.”

He chuckled and stood up. He began to help put my clothes in my closet as I pulled out other things to go around my room. I heard him stop when he saw me putting up pictures of him and I on my dresser from high school. He picked up one of them and it was prom. He smiled, “I love this picture.”

“Me too,” I said looking up at him. “We were happy little teenagers on prom night.”

He nodded, “you looked so beautiful that night.”

“You looked handsome as ever,” I said and kissed his cheek.

He smiled and kissed me softly, “love you.”

“Love you too,” I said softly.

He put the frame back and smiled, “I want to take you out tonight.”

I smiled and looked up at him, “I’d like that.”

“Just you and I,” he said softly.

I nodded, “sounds great.”

“Good,” he said and kissed my cheek. “You don’t have to get all dolled up. It’s going to be simple night.”

I smiled. I couldn’t wait to have my night away with him. So we got to unpacking to speed up the day so I could go out with Jaxon. He and Garrett had practice twice today and I knew Jaxon would be tired. So I knew it would be a simple short night either way.

*~*~*


After the day came to an end and the evening came I readied myself in the bathroom. I couldn’t wait to spend the evening with him. I finished straightening my hair in the mirror and hurried to throw my outfit on. My make up looked amazing, I went with a simple elegant smoky look. I tugged on the tightest pair of jeans I had. I groaned then yelled for Anj, “ANJ! HELP!”

She came barging through my door then covered her eyes, “God, put a shirt on!”

“Shut up! Help me pull up the zipper on these fuckers,” I said chuckling.

“You fatty,” she said and helped me.

I sighed happily, “yes! These make my ass look real nice.”

“Whatever you say,” she said shaking her head then walking back out.

I pulled on my grey and black flowing tank then slipped on my cross necklace. I pushed my blacked studded earrings in then slipped on a black and diamond bracelet. I slipped on my Christian Louboutin Bianca black high heels. I smiled satisfied with my outlook and made my way out to see Garrett and Anjilika sitting on the loveseat watching ESPN. They both whistled at me and I blushed, “stop that.”

“I thought you said simple?” Anj asked looking at me. “Don’t get me wrong girl, you look hot!”

I shrugged, “this is simple.”

“Simple for me would be sweats and a tee,” she said smiling.

“Babe, you aren’t a dressy girl like Cay is,” Garrett said touching her cheek softly.

“Shush, I am too,” she defended with a pout.

“Girl, this is me dressed down on a date,” I said waving at my outfit. “I think I need to take you clothes shopping.”

I heard a knock on the door and squealed and hurried to it. Garrett looked at Anj and asked, “did she just squeal?”

“I think so,” she said. “Cay, Cay dear did you just squeal?”

I opened the door to see Jaxon actually in a pair of jeans and a nice button up shirt. I smiled up at him, “you look sexy.”

He smirked, “you do too my dear.”

I looked back at the two on the loveseat, “yes Anj I did squeal and I’m out.”

They waved and I closed the door. Jaxon smiled and took my hand. I leaned up and kissed his cheek softly. He smiled and walked me to his truck then helped me up inside. He got in and drove off. We pulled up at the movie theater and he helped me out.

“I thought we could see a movie,” he said softly.

“Sounds great,” I said softly.

“What would you like to see?” he asked leading me towards the ticket box.

“How ‘bout Drive?” I asked smiling.

“You just want to see Ryan Gosling,” he said chuckling.

“Damn right,” I said teasing.

“I got some living up to do, huh?” he asked.

“Nope, you are the best I could ever have,” I said and kissed him.

He smiled and kissed me back, “I feel the same about you.”

I smiled and let him get the tickets and lead us in. After grabbing a thing of popcorn and a pop to share we were seated in front of the big screen. I smiled and threw a piece of popcorn at him. He smiled and picked it up since it landed in his lap and ate it.

After the movie, he took me down to the park and led me around a bit. I smiled as he pushed me in a swing set. He slowly stopped after awhile and stood in front of me. He leaned down and kissed me softly.

I smiled up at him and he said softly, “I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” I said softly.

He got down on one knee in front of me and my mind went crazy! What was he doing? Was he really getting down on one knee? Was he? Could he? Would he?

He pulled a small item from his pocket. He wiped it off and held it up. It glistened in the moonlight. He spoke slowly, “when you left I bought this ring. I was going to fly to Iowa and sweep you up and bring you back. But I knew you’d smack me upside the head for chasing after you when I had to worry about graduating and getting signed with UT. So here I am now, asking you what I wanted to ask you the day you left.”

He took a deep breath then asked, “will you marry me Calyn?”

I gasped and covered my mouth. Tears were falling from my eyes. He looked at me hope and worry in his eyes. I nodded with my hand still over my mouth. I pulled my hand away, “yes. Yes I will.”

His shaky hand slipped the simple elegant diamond on my finger. I hugged him tightly. He smiled and wiped my cheeks, “you are so beautiful.”

“Promise me this,” I said softly.

“The wedding will wait at least a year. You can focus on this year and will go from there. No planning, just us having our amazing freshman year,” I said cupping his cheek.

“No planning?” he asked looking at me with that knowing smile.

“Okay, I’ll try not to plan it!” I chuckled and smiled widely.

He smiled and kissed me softly, “I love you so, so much.”

“I love you too,” I said smiling down at him as he held me tightly.

There we sat under the stars. The happiest we could ever get. I couldn’t wait to go home and tell Anjilika and to call home and tell them. This was the best day of the year so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Comments, please?