Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

The Only Girl

I grabbed my duffle off the ground and slung it over my shoulder. I sighed heavily and made my way towards the parking lot to get in my truck and head back to the apartment. I just finished cheer practice and they really worked us. We had a three hour practice.

I tossed my bag in and slumped in the driver seat. I yawned widely then gave the engine a start. The passenger side opened startling me. I looked over to see Jaxon smiling, “’bout time you girls got done.”

I smiled weakly, “sorry.”

“Slide over,” he said.

I nodded and he got out then slide into the driver side. I placed my head on his shoulder, “I’m ready for bed.”

“It’s only seven,” he said laughing.

I shrugged, “then a nap.”

He chuckled and began the drive to the apartment, “sounds good.”

I smiled and rested my eyes as he drove. He pulled up to the apartment. He helped me out then led me up to the apartment. I walked in tossing my bag on the floor inside the door then began my trek to the couch. Jaxon laughed and followed. I plopped down on the couch causing Anj to pipe up, “you look like a zombie.”

“I feel like one,” I said groaning.

She laughed, “you outta shape or what?”

“No,” I said. “I just had to do the same thing over and over and over again. It was boring as heck.”

“Buck up!” she kidded.

I glared at her then looked at Jaxon with my arms held up, “snuggle bud.”

“You stink,” he joked.

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t complain about your stench after practice.”

“I usually shower before you see me though,” he smirked.

“So,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Go shower you hobo,” Anj said smirking.

“Oh it’s hate on Calyn day, huh,” I grumbled getting up then going to the bathroom.

Jaxon gave my rear a slap then sat down in the recliners, “scrub deep!”

I looked back at him, “oh I’ll scrub deep.”

I showered and came out in a pair of clean compression shorts and a tank top with a sports bra underneath. I pulled my hair into a messy but cute bun then made my way out of the bathroom then started to walk towards the living room when I walked back to see Jaxon messing with his acoustic and smiled. I leaned on the doorway to my bedroom and smiled at him.

I knew instantly the tune he had started to play. I had been playing it a lot lately. I leaned on the door frame and softly sung, “would you walk to the edge of the ocean, just to feel my jar with sand. Just in case I get the notion to let it run through my hand, let it run through my hand.

He looked up and smiled then sung softly with me causing me to grin widely at him as I sung, “well I don’t want the whole world, the sun the moon and their lights. I just want to be the only girl you love all your life, you love all your life.”

I walked over and kneeled next to him on the bed as he strummed against the chords of the acoustic, “would you catch a couple thousand fireflies. Yeah, put them in a lamp to light my world. All dressed up in a tux and bow tie, hand deliver to a lonely girl, to a lonely, lonely girl.”

I smiled widely up at him, “ I don’t want the whole world, the sun, the moon, and all their light. I just want to be the only girl you love all your life, you love all your life.

He just smiled and looked down at the guitar then up at me. I smiled and shook my head as I got into singing, “lately I’ve been writing desperate love songs. Mostly I sing them to the walls. Hey, hey, you could be the center piece of my obsession.”

I smiled and as I was about to hit the highest note of the song, “if you would notice me at all, yeah, yea-ahhh! Well, I don’t want the whole world, no the sun the moon and all their light. I just want to be the only girl you love all your life, you love all your life, life yeah.

He smiled and leaned over kissing me softly, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said and smiled.

“You know you should serenade her on your wedding night,” Anjilika said from the doorway.

I jumped slightly startled by the sudden voice of Anj breaking me out of the little trance I was just in, “jezz Anj! You scared the shit out of me.”

She chuckled and smirked at us, “oh that’s right you aren’t planning the wedding yet.”

“Sush,” I told her and rested my chin on Jaxon’s shoulder.

“Well it’s an idea,” she said pointing at us then walked back down the hall.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” he said looking at me.

I smiled, “it’s whatever you want to do.”

“We’ll see,” he said and smiled.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his side, “sure you don’t want to start planning it?”

“You said you wanted to wait,” he said looking at me.

“I know, but it’s getting so hard,” I said softly.

He chuckled, “I’ll think about it.”

I smiled and kissed his cheek, “love you.”

I got up and made my way out into the hall with Jaxon yelling, “uh love you too, but where are you going?”

“To find food! I’m starving,” I said.

Next thing I knew was he was in the kitchen behind me, “want to go out to eat?”

I looked up at him with my nose scrunched slightly, “not really.”

He chuckled at my facial expression and just pulled my into his arms.

“Anj! Are you hungry?!” I yelled slightly.

“Garrett’s bringing Chinese!” she yelled back.

“Did you have him get for us too!?” I asked peaking into the kitchen.

“Yes, he is my dear,” she said smiling.

“Yes, breaking my diet tonight!” I said excitedly.

Jaxon laughed and kissed me cheek, “you health conscious beauty.”

I smiled and nodded, “got to stay fit and lean for cheerleading.”

“Of course,” he said rolling his eyes but then kissed my lips softly.

“Aw yes, gotta keep this figure or I’m in trouble,” I said and heard the door open. “FOOD!

Jaxon laughed as I ran and stole the bags from Garrett and ran into the kitchen to grab what I wanted. I loved Chinese food, what can I say?