Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

First Game Day.

It’s been a couple of days since I had that fight with Garrett. We barely talked and it scared me. Were we going to break up? Would that be best? I was so confused, but today was Saturday and the day of the first game. Texas versus Rice and Garrett was the starting quarterback. He had a lot to prove today, and I wanted to be on good terms.

So I was sitting in bed in a tank top and jeans, hair freshly straightened and make up done, just waiting for him to show up. Finally, I heard a knock on the door and jumped up to answer. He stood there, hair mussed from the shower and looking absolutely scrumptious. He liked to take a shower to relax before, which made no sense to me, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

“Hey.” My voice only sounded a little breathy. Points for me.

“Hey.” He smirked. Sometimes he acted like he didn’t know what he did to me, how unbelievably sexy I found him. Sometimes he did. This was one of those times.

“Come in here before I jump your bones.” He laughed softly and walked in. I sat on the bed, inviting him to sit next to me. “So about that fight.”

“I don’t want to do this right now, Angel.” He sighed.

“No, please. I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry.” I told him, grabbing his hand and running my fingers over his callused palm. He shivered slightly.

“I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t tell me.” I sighed and shrugged at his comment.

“I’m not sure. I know that talking about exes is bad for the relationship, and I don’t want to screw this up.” He pulled his hand from my grasp and placed it on my cheek.

“I gotta go. But I’ll see you after the game?” I smiled and kissed his palm.

“Of course baby.” He kissed my forehead, stood, and walked to the door. He turned and looked at me before leaving.

“Hey. I love you.” My jaw dropped and he smiled before walking out. I sat there for a few moments, contemplating what just happened. He loves me. He loves me? Damn, I should have said something.

“Hey, I’m heading out.” Calyn said, dressed in her cheerleading outfit; a white and burnt orange, sleeveless, button down shirt, a burnt orange skirt, and white tennis shoes. She took a look at my face and stopped short. “What happened to you?”

“H-he said he loves me.” Her jaw dropped as well.

“Did you say something back?”

“He didn’t give me time to.” She laughed then.

“Well, looks like you got a situation on your hands, dear. But I need to go. I’ll talk to you after, okay?” I nodded. “Bye.”

I sat on the edge of my bed as she left the house and literally had to shake my head to clear my thoughts. I needed to go too; I was meeting some friends from school to tailgate. I donned my number 7 jersey, grabbed my purse, wallet, phone, and keys, before heading out the door.

+++

After the game, I walked to the place designated for friends and family to wait for the players. Texas won, but Garrett didn’t do as well as everyone hoped. I sighed as I saw him talking an older man who looked just like him. He looked so serious.

I walked close enough to get his attention and saw his face break into a smile. He motioned for me to come closer and as I walked to the pair, I noticed a woman next to the man. Garrett put his arm around me and pulled me closer.

“Mom, Dad, this is Anjilika, my girlfriend. Angel, this is my mom and dad.” The woman was the first to hold out her hand, and I grasped it in mine.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Gilbert.” She grinned.

“Please, call us Kim and Gale. Griffin is somewhere around here.” She scanned the crowd. “Ah, there he is, flirting with college girls.” She laughed softly.

“Remember what I said, son.” Gale said, staring directly at his son.

“I will Dad.”

“And don’t forget to bring this darlin’ around for dinner one day, Garrett Antone.” His mother said and my eyes got wide. Antone? I looked up at him to see about five different shades of red dance across his face.

“Yeah, Mom.”

“Well, we have to go. I’ll pry Griffin away. It was nice meeting you sweetheart.” Gale smiled at me.

“You too, sir.” He clapped his son on the back and walked away. Garrett pulled away from me to hug his mother and she left as well. “Antone?” I asked incredulously.

“Oh, hush.” He said.

“Make me.” I smirked as he grabbed my hand.

“Let’s find Cayxon.”

“Whatever you say…Antone.” He groaned.

“I’m never going to live this down, am I?”

“Never, Antone.” He rolled his eyes and started pulling me through the crowd. “Oh, and Antone?” He looked back. “I love you too.”

“Really?” He said as he stopped walking. I bit my lip and nodded. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me deeply.

“Good.” He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine.

“Jeez guys. Get a room.” I heard Jaxon’s teasing voice and ignored it.

What a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Set.
Please comment guys!