Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

Haters Will Be Haters

Today was the big game! Ahhh! Against Rice here at home! It wasn’t televised, but we would still have a big turnout being the first game of the season! I made my way into the stadium with my cheer uniform on and my duffle over my shoulder. I sighed heavily, this was our first game. Oh boy was I nervous! To top it off, I have yet to see my lovely boyfriend…

I cannot wait to see this team in action, even though half the game I’ll be having my back to them, but that’d only be when the other team was out of course! So I’d be able to watch Jaxon catch a few passes. I walked towards the locker room with a few of the other girls. I sat down and pulled out my cheer shoes on then made sure my strings were snug. I looked up when I heard my name.

“You better not screw up like you did in practice today, Calyn,” Bridget said to me snottily.

I rolled my eyes, she was Brittany’s sister, who really wanted to be with Jaxon all through high school and was one of the girls that caused drama between us. I looked at her, “go worry about your pom squad and I’ll worry about my cheer squad.”

She did a fake laugh, “break a leg.”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff, then only to walk out of the room towards the football field. I felt a girl hook her arm around me and I saw it was one of my teammates, Sandy, “don’t worry about her Calyn. She’s just mad her sister isn’t with your boy.”

I chuckled, “it’s been almost three years and they still hate me.”

“Some people don’t know how to forgive,” she said and sighed. “Even if they supposedly do God’s work.”

“Amen to that,” I said and smiled causing her to say and Amen as well.

We started to get the crowd all pumped as they started to arrive, as well as wonder around and do some stretching till the teams came out then we’d start cheering loudly. I smiled as some of the players came out to warm up and I saw Jaxon wearing his burnt orange Texas shorts and his white skin tight athletic shirt, as well as his headphones on his ears, much like a few of the other guys. I couldn’t help but smile at him. He went straight to warming up and I saw Garrett working on his throw and he spotted me, then hustled over.

“Good luck!” I said smiling at him.

“Can I get a good luck hug?” he asked grinning.

“Of course,” I said and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He smiled, “your boy is pretty nervous I think.”

“He’ll do fine,” I said softly.

“He will,” he said smiling the glanced away then nodded at someone. “Well I got to go. Cheer for us out there.”

“No, never,” I said but smiled big.

He chuckled then walked off. I turned around and to see Jaxon and Case talking off to the side about something and smiled. Moments like this make me wish I carried my phone around here. I turned and went on to do a few cheers with the team and went on to do a lift and mid lift I saw a ball being thrown at me. I was pushed up to drop and mid-air I caught the ball. I’ve learned from the best.

“Quit screwing around Case,” I heard one of the coach’s yell at him.

I chuckled and looked to see Jaxon walking over to take it from me. I smiled up at him, “tell Case warn me next time!”

He chuckled, “will do.”

I handed him the ball, “you’ll do great, just remember I love you even if you drop the ball.”

He chuckled, “I won’t drop the ball.”

“I was trying to be humorous, okay,” I said and sighed.

“Shipley, locker room,” I heard the offensive coach yell.

“Go before you’re in trouble,” I told him.

He kissed me quickly then ran off, “love you!”

“Love you too,” I said standing there blushing. I was ready to cheer my heart out for my boys today, and to get to see my man afterward.

Once the game was over I made my way to the locker room to change out of my uniform and into something comfier. After changing, I walked out with my duffle in search of Jaxon. I found him and hurried over to him only to kiss his cheek while engulfing him in a side hug. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me. He had showered and was already to go. I smiled up at him which he returned, “you looked so beautiful in your little cheer outfit today.”

“Aw thank ya,” I said smiling.

He kissed my forehead, “shall we find Anj?”

I nodded, “she said she was going to find us, but I think she must have found Garrett first.”

“Probably,” he said and led me away.

Eventually, we found them, then we all headed back to Anj’s and I’s apartment. I was excited to snuggle in my winner’s arms tonight!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Outfit after game