Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

Love Doesn't Conquer All.

Boos erupted from the crowd around me and I groaned. Garrett jogged off the field with his head bowed and I buried my face in hands. I felt partly responsible for this game, for how bad he’s playing. We got into another huge fight before, and he threw a few interceptions. Now he’s being booed off field. Tears fell down my face and I sniffled.

“What’s wrong?” I looked to Lyla, the girl I’ve been going to games with. She wasn’t my closest friend, but she was fun to hang out with. But here I am, crying for a reason I don’t even realize.

“I just, I feel bad. I feel like this is my fault.”

“Why?” She asked.

“Garrett and I got into a fight, and well, he’s playing bad, and—” She held up a hand to stop me.

“I know a few things about football players, and they know to leave everything in the locker room. So even if the reason he’s playing bad is the fight, that’s his bad. He knows what’s at stake.” I nodded and she wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“I just want this game to be over.” I muttered and wiped at my eyes, careful to avoid smearing eyeliner everywhere.

“I know.” I decided then I had to be done with it. With him. We weren’t meant to be. It was constant fighting, and it was messing with his career, so I had to be the bigger person and break up with him.

Love really doesn’t conquer all.

+++

I walked through the players and their families after the game, but couldn’t find Garrett or Cayxon anywhere. I felt the need to cry bubbling up my throat again, and almost started hyperventilating. I turned around to see Blake Gideon, another player, looking at me with a worried face.

“Hey, you’re Gilbert’s girl, right?”

“Um, yeah.” I said as my voice cracked. I cleared my throat and tried again. “Yeah, I’m Anjilika.”

“He’s with the medical staff. Something’s wrong with his shoulder. He told me to bring you to the locker rooms.”

“Okay.”

“Follow me.” He turned and walked through the crowd slow enough for me to follow. When we were through the doors leading into the stadium, he turned back to me. “So, if you don’t mind me asking, why were you crying?”

“Oh, um, just a fight.” I muttered, not knowing what to say.

“With Gilbert?” I just shrugged. “He’s an alright guy, he’s just under a lot of stress.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“But that’s no reason for him to make you cry.” We came to some doors, and he pushed them open to reveal the locker room. “Have a nice day.” He smiled at me, and pushed me through the doors. He was gone before I could say anything. Maybe that’s a good thing because I didn’t know what to say in the first place.

Garrett was on a table, naked from the waist up. There were medical personnel around him, along with his parents. They had his right arm extended and he was wincing in pain. I gasped as my eyes found his shoulder. It was so swollen. Garrett looked my way and held his left hand out to me. I gathered courage and walked forward, taking it.

“Hey baby.” He smiled slightly.

“Hey.” I said softly.

“Don’t worry, it’s not that bad.” I had to smile at that.

“Okay.” I bent down and kissed his sweaty forehead. I couldn’t break up with him now, not in front of everybody and when he was in so much pain. I just couldn’t. So I played the act of the dutiful girlfriend, and deep inside, I hated myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Same basic outfit as the last game.