Status: Started, bear with us! :) Comments, please!?

A Kiss in the Endzone

Deep Thoughts

I pushed my head into my hands. I felt bad for Anjilika. She just had a fight again with Garrett and I think this time, this time they are done. I shook my head trying not to let their end of relationship affect me like it is.

Why was it affecting me so bad? I slide on a pair of tennis shoes and grabbed my phone. I slowly walked out of the apartment, but not before putting a note up on the freezer door knowing she’d walk out of her room eventually to grab ice cream.

Anj-

I ran to see Jax.
Sorry we are out of ice cream.
I’ll get some when I come back.
Don’t cry too much.
It’s his loss remember.
Keep that head high.
You’ll get through this.

-Cay


I sighed and slid into the cab of my truck then let the roar of the engine sound before taking off down the road. I pulled up at a stop light and sighed. My phone rang from the cup holder, seeing it was Jax I answered, “hey babe.”

“Hey, what are you doing?” he asked. “Case and I are bowling. You should come.”

“Oh I’m just at the store getting Anj some ice cream,” I said softly.

“Well she can wait, come bowl!” he said excitedly.

I could hear the noises of the bowling alley in the background and sighed, “Anj needs me. Call me when you’re done.”

“If you say so babe,” he said sighing.

“I do,” I said passing the bowling alley they were at and towards the city limits.

“Love ya babe,” he said cheerful.

“Love you too,” I said then hung up.

I pulled off on the first gravel road and parked. I sat and stared out the window and just thought deeply. I shook my head and wiped the tears that were falling. I laid my head against the window and sighed. Why did this have to happen? Why did he have to have these troubles? What was really going on in that head of Garrett’s? He’s a great player but he has all this pressure to be great or he’s going to be replaced by Case.

I sighed again heavily, Case was my best friend and Jaxon’s best friend. They were like brothers to each other like Case is to me. Garrett is a great guy, but I think it’s time for Case to step up and Garrett to step back and take a break. Maybe find other places to go…

I just sat there thinking and thinking till before I knew it was almost midnight. I sighed, it was time to head back home, but I had to make a quick stop in at the grocery store. As I was walking to the ice cream isle I saw a familiar face. I groaned, Shelby why’d you have to be here right now?

I looked at the reflection of myself in the freezer door and saw my red eyes and groaned. Sure enough she came bounding over. I smiled weakly, “hey Shelbs.”

“Hey buttercup,” she said cheerful. “Why you look so gloomy?”

“Anj and Garrett broke up and I feel bad,” I said.

“Oh bummer,” she pouted and gave me a hug. “You two are like sisters.”

I nodded, “that’s why I feel bad. I wish I could cheer her up, but I think that’ll take a while.”

I reached in and grabbed a few ice cream pints. She smiled, “God has his paths he wants us all to follow.”

I nodded, “true.”

“Cheer up,” she said patting my shoulder. “Tell that brother of mine he better call me.”

I nodded, “he was out bowling with Case and Cade tonight I think.”

“Aw fun,” she said and smiled. “I’ll catch ya later then.”

I nodded and made my way with my ice cream towards the checkout then I headed home. Jaxon’s truck was sitting in the parking lot. I grabbed the ice cream and made my way up to the apartment. I walked in placed the ice cream in the freezer. I left one out and grabbed a spoon and carried it down the hall. I taped lightly on the door, “Anj?”

“Go away,” she said muffled in the pillow.

I sighed and opened the door slightly, “here’s some ice cream. If you’re not going to eat put it in the fridge so it’s not wasted.”

I turned around and walked to the bathroom. I pulled my contacts out and pulled my hair into a ponytail then walked towards my bedroom after sliding my glasses on. Jaxon sat there staring at the TV on my wall.

I walked over to my bed. I kicked my shoes off then my socks before crawling into the bed next to Jaxon then curling up into his side. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead, “if you want to talk, I’m here.”

I nodded, “I’m fine. Just was really thinking about everything. Thanks though babe.”

“Love you,” he said and kissed my nose lightly.

“I love you too,” I said smiling up at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Outfit for the day