A Shot in the Dark

That Awkward Moment...

I woke from an incredibly awkward dream about one of my best friends, younger brothers, Tom. It had been the same dream for the third time that week and it was starting to bother me. I couldn’t tell anybody because Oliver would most likely kill him and Tom would probably never speak to me again, not to mention all homosexual jokes at my expense. I could live without it.

I would also not be working out the annoying hardness myself; I would let a cold shower do that for me, so as not to weird myself out even more. I got up and went to the bathroom before anyone could notice and poke fun at me for that too. It was a rather miserable shower, which resulted in me actually having to work out the problem myself.

I got dressed feeling disgusted with myself and went to the kitchen, where my roommate, Vegan was sitting eating cereal. I made myself a bowl and sat down to eat it. We would be leaving for tour soon it would be long flight with gross airplane food.

“Are yeh all packed, Lee?” Vegan asked as we got ready to go to the airport.

“Yeah.” I answered dragging my guitar case and my duffle bag to the front door. We heard the taxi honk and we walked out of the building and over to the car. It was quiet on the way to the airport, both Vegan and I were quieter people and we got on better.

Nicholls, Jona, and Oli were already at the terminal waiting for us along with Tom who looked considerably tired and a bit depressed. I went over and sat next to him. That was my favorite thing about Tom; he didn’t need to fill every silence with meaningless chatter.

I did want him to know why he was looking so depressed. “You feeling alright Tommeh?” I asked. He looked up at me with his icy blue eyes making an involuntary shiver run through me. “Fine , just tired.” He said.

I nodded knowing Oli probably didn’t tell him ‘til the very last minute that he was coming with us. Our flight was called and we all went over to the gate and boarded the plane for America.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, its short... Comment?