Sequel: Just Live Your Life

Seize the Day

Part Twelve

Watching Layla excuse herself from her conversation with Matt and some guy by the name of Gerard I sigh. I know that face, Layla always makes the same face when she's not liking something and it bothering her to no end. Since we aren't open yet I take the time to sneak out of everyone's sight and head to Layla's office. Knocking on her door lightly I wait five seconds before I open it and pop my head in. “You okay Layla?” I ask and my eyes widen when she starts to cry. Slipping to the room I shut and lock the door behind me. Hurrying over to Layla's side I wrap my arms around her and say nothing as she cries. Whatever is bothering her must be big, she hardly ever cries over things. After five minutes or so Layla pulls away from me and wipes at her eyes, sniffling a little.

Looking around I grab the box of tissues off her desk and hold them out to her, “Thanks.” Layla mutters, her voice thick with tears and snot. She wipes her eyes and blows her nose before she clears her throat.

“Better?”

“A little...thanks.” Layla says with a sad smile.

“Wanna talk about it or should I mind my own?” Layla shakes her head and motions for me to sit down in the chair in front of her desk. Sitting down I fold my hands together and wait for her to tell me what's got her so upset.

“It's nothing really...it's stupid now that I think about it.” Layla mutters.

“If you're crying over it, it's not stupid Layla. You can tell me. Who's ass do I need to kick? Is it that Gerard dude? I'll send him back to-”

“Corra! It has nothing to do with Gerard, he's here for my sister. It's...Matt.”

“Matt? What did that boy do now?”

“Well it's just...I don't understand why he's so involved with my family. I just meant the guy and already he knows about shit before me and having lunch with my mom.”

“He has lunch with your mom?” I ask shocked...isn't that something boyfriends do if they are asking for their girlfriends hand in marriage?

“Yeah and he wasn't even going to tell me. I found out from Lily.” Layla says laughing without any humor in her eyes.

Shaking my head I suck my teeth, “Someone doesn't know the meaning of personal bubble.” I state and Layla nods her head.

“Right? So I'm not the only one that feels like he's invading?”

“No. No you're not. I understand what you're talking about, however...” Layla looks at me with hopeful eyes and I bite my lip, “Don't you think it's a good thing kind of?” Layla raise her eyebrow and the hope fades from her eyes. “Now wait! Let me explain...I mean come on. Your mom had lunch with Matt, she wanted to get to know him, not the other way around. So it's not like Matt was trying to get information out of her and as for Gerard maybe your mom asked Matt to go get him. If she did, you know men are just as bad as women when it comes to talking. It makes sense that Gerard would tell Matt about his plain since he is a guy after all.” I say stating my case and Layla sighs flopping back in her chair looking exhausted and run down.

“Hey you know what? You should take the rest of the day off and let Luke and me worry about the pub. You go home and take a nice relaxing bath...or better yet go to the spa and then veg out at home with a pint of ice cream.” I say with a smile on my face and slowly one start to creep onto Layla's face as well.

“I think I'll take you up on that offer.” she says and we both stand up. Giving Layla a hug and smile happy that I can make her feel better. Walking over to the office door, I unlock it and walk out first so I'll be able to take the attention off of Layla. “I'll see you tomorrow.” she says and I nod my head.

“Bye.” I say with a wave and notice Matt watching Layla leave. Once she's out of sight I fix my eyes on Matt and glare at him. Walking from behind the bar I walk right over to Matt, reach up, grab hold of his ear and pull him towards the bathroom with him hissing and yelping in pain the whole way. Once inside of the bathroom I let go of Matt's ear and he stares at me with a frown on his lips as he rubs his hurt ear. “What the hell is your problem?!” I yell and he looks at me like I've lost my mind.

“Gee I was just about to ask you that.” he grumbles and I slap him in his head. “Ow! What the fuck?!” he shouts glaring down at me.

“You better wise the fuck up Matthew and I mean it! I told you before not to push Layla and what did you do?! Stay away from her for a while you understand me? If not I'll make sure you can never have kids!” I threaten.

“I..what?” he asks confused as to why I'm yelling at him.

“You. Made. Her. Cry.” I hiss through clenched teeth and his eyes widen is horror.

“How? Oh fuck her mother is going to kill me.” Matt mutters slapping a hand over his face.

“Stop over stepping your boundaries stupid! You're a friend! A friend. F.r.i.e.n.d. Nothing more, nothing less and if you want it to go anywhere you need to stop trying to get so damn close to Layla. You're pushing her away.” I rant and Matt shakes his head looking down at me sadly.

“I'm sorry Corra...I didn't mean to.”

“You never mean to!” I snap and he flinches from my harsh tone. “Look I'm going to make this a clear as I can for you okay? Stop trying to be Layla's boyfriend and by her friend Matt. Her friend. That's all she needs right now, she can't handle what you're offering at this moment in time. If you can't respect that and wait then you need to stop coming to this pub 'cause I refuse to see Layla get hurt anymore by you and your friends.”

Matt leans back against the wall and runs his hand over his head, I can really say through his hair 'cause he has a buzz cut. “You know when I first saw you I never thought you would be this protective or scary...You really care about Layla don't you?” Matt asks.

“Yes I do. She's the only best friend I got...besides Luke, but he doesn't count 'cause he's a guy.”

“Is this how you reacted to Zack when he told Layla about Val?”

“More or less, yes. However I didn't touch him. You on the other hand need more then just firm words to get it through that thick skull of yours.” I say with a smirk and Matt chuckles.

“You're a good friend to have Corra...I'll make sure I don't fuck up again.”

“Good...and thanks.”

“Sure thing. Now if you're done biting my head off can we go back out before they get the wrong idea?” Rolling my eyes I shake my head.

“Oh please, don't flatter yourself. You're not my type.”

“Oh really? Like the guys a bit smaller, maybe with brown eyes?” Matt asks and I laugh.

“Yeah sure whatever.” I mutter looking down to hide my blush. Matt chuckles and we both walk out the bathroom.

“What were the two of you doing?” Zack asks with a raised eyebrow.

“Planing the funnest way to kill you without getting too dirty.” I state and Zack looks at Matt who nods his head.

“I'd watch my back if I were you Zacky, she came up with some pretty good ideas.” Matt says and Zack frowns making me giggle.

“We're just kidding, don't worry. I'd never be able to kill you. Rape you? Yes. Kill? No.” I say sending Zack a wink causing Matt and Gerard to both laugh as Zack opens his arms motioning for me to go right ahead.

“Pig.” I laugh.

“Oink, oink cutie.” Zack jokes and I roll my eyes smiling when Johnny walks in.

“Hi Corra.” he says greeting me with a hug.

“Hi Johnny.” I mumble in his chest blushing hearing Matt whisper something dirty about Johnny and I very loudly to Zack.

“Shut up.” I tell Matt and Zack who are both laughing.

“What's so funny?” Johnny asks looking at the three of us.

“Nothing.” I say and punch Zack in his arm as he goes to say what Matt told him.

“Urm...okay then.” Johnny says and smiles down at me. “Oh I almost forgot, here.” Johnny reaches in the brown paper bag that I just now noticed is in his hand and pulls out three lollipops.

“Oh my God thank you Johnny!” I sequel happily jumping on him. He's quick to catch me, holding me up by my thighs and not dropping the candy or bag.

“Y-your welcome.” Johnny stammers, his face turning a little red when I peck his cheek and jump down off of him. I take the candy and skip on over behind the bar to put them two glasses down from my candy stash.

“Someone needs to use the bathroom.” Zack laughs and I look up just in time to see Johnny dash off to the back where the bathrooms are at.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on silent readers comment!! You know you want to.!

For the new readers....
Comment and subscribe!